Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

‘Hart of Dixie’ Season Premiere to Air Monday, December 15 on the CW; Show Will Air Friday Starting January 9 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com

I am confused by this, as won't they have a hiatus after 1 episode with the holidays or are they showing it anyway?

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 11-25-2014, 12:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
‘Hart of Dixie’ Season Premiere to Air Monday, December 15 on the CW; Show Will Air Friday Starting January 9 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com

I am confused by this, as won't they have a hiatus after 1 episode with the holidays or are they showing it anyway?
The first episode will air on December 15th and the rest continues January 9th. So a 3 week hiatus before the first and second episode.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

Which is odd, but I will take it because that means I get to see it back on my screen sooner! Thanks for clarifying for me Olivia!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 11-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
Which is odd, but I will take it because that means I get to see it back on my screen sooner! Thanks for clarifying for me Olivia!
YW. And It is really odd. My guess is that the CW wants to see how Jane and HoD do together in case they move Jane to fridays.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Aniston

Huh, that's really odd But awesome we get it early

Old 11-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

so happy!!!
Old 11-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Aniston

I'm so happy, even if we have a break, still happy we get it early

Old 11-25-2014, 01:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Strange. But I'm excited!
Old 11-25-2014, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

I just saw this news. Im excited to see the premiere earlier but then depending on how the pemeire ends those 3 weeks might just be torture.

So, do you think they are doing this to see how well the two do together? As in the second half of JTV might air with Hart of dixie? Though unless they do plan to do another season of HOD what would be the point of seeing how well they do together? Though I guess they could just be hoping for the Best with JTV on Fridays.

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 11-25-2014 at 01:43 PM
Old 11-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Extreme Fan

It's great we get an early episode
Old 11-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Aniston

I'm super excited

Old 11-25-2014, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

I was reading the comments at SpoilerTV and the owner said the thinks the airing on 12/15 of the premiere is being classed as a "special" which could mean that they reair it on 1/9 and air 402 the week after like the original intention was.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

^ Thats what I thnk Kate and I were thinking as well. Which kind of sucks because it means and extra week of waiting but also makes since in a way especially if there is at least a months time jump from 4x01 - 4x02
Old 11-25-2014, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
^ Thats what I thnk Kate and I were thinking as well. Which kind of sucks because it means and extra week of waiting but also makes since in a way especially if there is at least a months time jump from 4x01 - 4x02
I thought it was odd as well. Maybe they are trying to give HoD a chance or something. HoD has already had a really long hiatus. And usually reruns air with the promo and some fans can catch when it will return that way. So maybe by airing a new episode earlier, it will alert fans that it is back and they'll know to tune in when January comes. Most people assume the show has been cancelled and doesn't even have any new episodes coming.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

I know the show doesn't get much promotion or is put in the best time slots but I think it should be pretty obvious by now that TPTB want to give the show a chance and want it to succeed. Otherwise they would have either cancelled it after S3 or announced S4 was the final season. They are not in the business of toying with it's audience because that is bad business. You might say that them not saying whether it was the final season or not is toying, but really, isn't saying nothing reaching the same objective? I took it as such.

We have no way of knowing all the criteria for a possible renewal. Stable good (relatively) ratings is a start but other factors weigh in too, otherwise BatB wouldn't have been renewed. The early promo (maybe due to them knowing about the schedule change) and the earlier premiere is a good sign imo.

Some people say this is 90% (or most likely) the last season but I think people say that so they don't get disappointed if is cancelled. The truth is the show have a decent chance of getting renewed. TPTB does not give them a chance of renewal if they can't envision a HoD S5 (or 4 continued). SP hinted that it is all about ratings and with ZW back as the main story line, HoD got a chance. A lot of people that wasn't watching in S1 has seen this show on Netflix and got hooked (I don't need to tell you that HoD is addictive hehe).

We will get the first indication of the show's chances of renewal before Christmas. I, for one, is optimistic.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread