Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2012, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mistress & Misunderstandings (1x12) Episode Discussion ~ Airs January 30th!!

[made by Juliana]

1x12: Mistress & Misunderstandings
January 30, 2012 @ 9:00 p.m.

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:
When Zoe seems unusually happy, friends start to speculate about the cause of her new attitude. It turns out that Zoe has secretly formed a new friendship with AnnaBeth, who doesn't want Lemon, Zoe's enemy, to find out that they have become friends. Lemon campaigns to become the Belles' new Memory Matron, but she faces several obstacles on her mission to secure the honored position.

PROMOS!

RULES!
1. Since some people may not be a fan of your certain ship, try not to insult other ships, just stick to the one you like and be positive, please.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something. Don't just say 'GOD THIS SUCKED'.
3. No talk of illegal downloading, asking or commenting about it. Any posts with that topic will be deleted. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!

Last edited by AlwaysCB; 12-22-2013 at 10:08 AM
Cosmic Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the new thread, Steffi I'm so excited
Old 01-29-2012, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome! The promo looks so good, and with lots of Wade in it, which I don't hate either
Old 01-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

So excited! tftnt, Steffi!
Old 01-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

well, the description doesn't sound terribly enthralling, but... I've been impressed several times with the show already.
Ellie
then you must kiss me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am especially looking forward to Zoe becoming friends with AnnaBeth... I liked their scenes in the last episode a lot!
Old 01-30-2012, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Me too! I loved their scenes in the last episode. Sounds really cute and funny.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Supreme Fan

Can't wait for tonight!! I actually think the episode descriptions sounds kind of intriguing - it'll be nice to see Zoe hopefully making some more friends, especially if they're Lemon's friends

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Master Fan

I loved all the Lavon and Wade in tonight's episode. They are such a fun pair. Absolutely hilarious and just a great friendship that I love watching. Their scene where Lavon just laid it all out there for Wade really helped me understand exactly why Zoe just isn't interested in Wade the way he is in her and I thought it was a great scene to sort of add some momentum to that storyline.

What I didn't like, however, was when Zoe said that Wade looked nice with his new shirt on. I don't know... It sort of just rubbed me the wrong way: Like, Wade has to change who he is for Zoe to notice him/be interested in him and I don't think that's a healthy platform for a lasting relationship.

George and Lemon were interesting to watch. There is such a strange dynamic between them, but it's very sweet at the same time. But, I also loved that George is slowly starting to realize that there is something going on with Lemon. George's scene with husband was really great for that purpose. He was practically explaining Lemon's behavior to a tee. And it was a nice way to set up the eventual discovery of Lemon/Lavon. Plus, Scott's acting was amazing in that scene. When it all comes to a head, George is gonna break my heart, I'm sure of it, but I'm excited to see how they are going to end their relationship and/or resolve their issues.

I also loved the tiny mention of Zoe and George when Wade was explaining that she does have friends... she just looked so sad. She knows that they can't actually be friends... Thought it was sweet.

Overall, the episode was really fun and still helped to develop some of the relationships and Zoe as a character

Last edited by serendipity or fate; 01-31-2012 at 06:21 AM
serendipity or fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That sounds so great, especially the George/Lemon stuff! I can't wait to watch the episode and it bugs me so much that I won't be able to this week probably and will only be able to watch it next week together with the new one
Old 01-31-2012, 04:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucas_Is_Love (View Post)
What I didn't like, however, that she thought he looked nice with his new shirt on. I don't know... It sort of just rubbed me the wrong way: Like, Wade has to change who he is for Zoe to notice him/be interested in him and I don't think that's a healthy platform for a lasting relationship.
I don't know, I didn't quite see it like that. She barely noticed that he cleaned himself up and had to ask why he looked different. That, and when she commented on it, it seemed to veer more towards a simple, causal compliment than a "You should change your everyday wardrobe and overall cleanliness to look like this all the time" type compliment. But still, I can see what you mean; I hope when Zoe finally does take notice of Wade, it doesn't require that he change or minimize any amount of his Wade-ness. So far, cleaned up Wade and non-cleaned up Wade seems to not have much impact on Zoe's interest level though.

Despite her not being able to go public with her and Zoe's friendship, I still took a liking to AnnaBeth and Zoe/Annabeth. Girls' night was adorable. Fingers crossed that we will see their friendship again in non-mistress form.

I've seen Cress Williams in a few shows here and there, but I have never noticed just how talented he is in the comedy realm. From the way he says his lines to his facial expressions and mannerisms, he just makes it so easy to adore Lavon. The whole cast exudes charm, but he and Rachel in particular are just overflowing with it.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:08 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucas_Is_Love (View Post)
I loved all the Lavon and Wade in tonight's episode. They are such a fun pair. Absolutely hilarious and just a great friendship that I love watching. Their scene where Lavon just laid it all out there for Wade really helped me understand exactly why Zoe just isn't interested in Wade the way he is in her and I thought it was a great scene to sort of add some momentum to that storyline.
I agree I really liked that they finally had a very frank conversation about Zoe - one where there wasn't teasing or joking about it.

Quote:
What I didn't like, however, was when Zoe said that Wade looked nice with his new shirt on. I don't know... It sort of just rubbed me the wrong way: Like, Wade has to change who he is for Zoe to notice him/be interested in him and I don't think that's a healthy platform for a lasting relationship.
I agree with gerky on this - I didn't feel like it was necessarily that Wade had to change who he was, and I think Lavon was making more of a point that maybe it's time that Wade grows up a little bit, which I think is kind of a good point. I mean, he turned around to do body shots with that other woman - and he's how old? I think the point made to Wade was more than he grow up and start acting like someone who wants to be in a relationship versus just a hot guy who wants to get laid.

I loved that George finally said to Lemon that there's only so much he can take and he's actually looking at the person Lemon is now and whether their relationship can last as they both are now. Whether they end up together or not, I think it's the start of good progress in their relationship. Very good that George finally calls out Lemon's issues because as the show continues, she's getting more and more of them.

On a side note, did anyone else just love George's dance?

I still don't get how Zoe can like Judson - he is a pig! I wish they would have at least brought in someone new for a love interest if they weren't going to make progress with either George or Wade.

Overall, I really liked the episode. The AnnaBeth/Zoe scenes were great, and I liked the contrast they drew between Lemon and Zoe when AB was made Memory Matron - Lemon couldn't swallow her anger and let her friend have her good moment while Zoe did the right thing for AB despite her having hurt Zoe.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't really care for this episode, honestly. poor use of the one Sugarland song I don't like... and actually, I felt overall, the music was too loud for the episode at times. the Memory Matron storyline bored me to tears, and I wish that Lemon had just stooped to blackmail. I didn't think Wade's new shirt looked good on him at all. and I was really disappoint in the development with Judson. George's storyline with the other lawyer was dull as well. Wade & Lavon was the only thing that really worked for me. and even then, at times, it felt like Lavon was trying too much to get Wade to keep going after Zoe.
Ellie
then you must kiss me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought this episode has some pretty great moments as well as one not so great moment.

Lavon and Wade's friendship is so refreshing. Wade seems to respond when Lavon give him advice they seem to care what the other thinks. I thought it was sweet of him to tell Wade he was a good guy he just needed to let Zoe see that he was serious about her. I thought that white shirt looked gorgeous on him.

Zoe's sl with AB was ok. I liked that Zoe had finally made a girlfriend in Bluebell it was shame though that AB didn't want to publically acknowledge their friendship due to Lemon.

My not so great moment was Zoe kissing Judson the guy has proven he's not trustworthy by any means so that part felt off to me.
sunflower 654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by then you must kiss me (View Post)
I didn't really care for this episode, honestly. poor use of the one Sugarland song I don't like... and actually, I felt overall, the music was too loud for the episode at times. the Memory Matron storyline bored me to tears, and I wish that Lemon had just stooped to blackmail. I didn't think Wade's new shirt looked good on him at all. and I was really disappoint in the development with Judson. George's storyline with the other lawyer was dull as well. Wade & Lavon was the only thing that really worked for me. and even then, at times, it felt like Lavon was trying too much to get Wade to keep going after Zoe.
I agree with a lot you say Ellie. There were a few highlights for me this episode, which were George's dance , Zoe being happy with her girlfriend at the start of the episode and Judson talking to the dog . I thought the writing for this episode was a bit wonky. I didn't like the Memory Matron SL, the apple-key thing at the end was weird and I didn't like Zoe kissing Judson in front of Wade (just after she said to him that he´s an infant when he was kissing the girl in front of her). Overall it felt to me that the writing wasn´t very consistent this episode. There were no Zoe/Wade sparks, I thought Zoe was getting accepted in town last episode, didn't see that now, and George getting fed up with Lemon seemed a bit sudden now since last episode. Lemon, who I usually like and who I felt loosened up a little last episode, was really annoying.
I hope next episode picks up on the lovetriangles again.
LazySummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread