Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2020, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
I liked that Wade wasn't just doing that to annoy Zoe. He did actually like Joel as a person.
I think it started out as a way for it to get under Zoe's skin, but then it ended up being a real friendship which was nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
Wade rubbed off on Joel so much, it was kinda hilarious. I always laugh at the golden boy scene with Joel too. Wade eating his popcorn, knowing it was him Zoe loved. Wade did a number on Joel and I enjoyed watching it all unfold, because it was getting to Zoe so bad, esp when Joel was agreeing with Wade and liked spending time with him. Zoe hated it so much.

yeah, Zoe hated the fact that Joel was spending so much time with Wade because Wade was rubbing off on him. That gif you just posted that scene makes me laugh. I just watched the episode yesterday and Zoe is all angry that Wade is rubbing off on Joel and tells Wade that he is different than him and that she wants to "keep it that way". And as wade walks away he says "Yeah, just keep telling yourself that". Wade was loving trying to get Zoe to admit to her feelings and getting her Jealous. In a way, that is why I think Wade started going out with Vivian to really try and get Zoe jealous in addition to get over Zoe once and for all even though it was unsuccessful.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
JustmissRiss23_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah for sure. He knew as soon as he aske Vivian out, Zoe was gonna hate it. She stormed right over to his bar like clockwork too as soon as she found out Vivian had a date with him. I love how he called her out about being shocked that she would not approve. I also love how Zoe kept using her "she's my newly found cousin" line as a way of trying to dismiss her jealousy. It wasn't the fact that it was her cousin, it was the fact that Wade was taking another woman out, a serious contender on top of that and Zoe hated it. When she was spying on them with Joel and kept saying it was because everyone on Harleys side of he family would be mad at her if things ended between Wade and Vivian. Why Zoe? Give us one good reason why, your family would be mad at you because someone you're not dating, who is your neighbor, that you didn't set up (BTW) with your cousin, ends up breaking up her heart? How exactly would that translate to your fault? You didn't set them up. You have no control over who Vivian dates. She knew who Wade was already. She tried so hard to use that as an excuse and it was BS and even Joel saw right through it.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Oh yeah for sure. He knew as soon as he aske Vivian out, Zoe was gonna hate it. She stormed right over to his bar like clockwork too as soon as she found out Vivian had a date with him. I love how he called her out about being shocked that she would not approve. I also love how Zoe kept using her "she's my newly found cousin" line as a way of trying to dismiss her jealousy. It wasn't the fact that it was her cousin, it was the fact that Wade was taking another woman out, a serious contender on top of that and Zoe hated it. When she was spying on them with Joel and kept saying it was because everyone on Harleys side of he family would be mad at her if things ended between Wade and Vivian. Why Zoe? Give us one good reason why, your family would be mad at you because someone you're not dating, who is your neighbor, that you didn't set up (BTW) with your cousin, ends up breaking up her heart? How exactly would that translate to your fault? You didn't set them up. You have no control over who Vivian dates. She knew who Wade was already. She tried so hard to use that as an excuse and it was BS and even Joel saw right through it.
yeah. I think Wade picked up on Zoe's jealousy pretty quickly too. Because when he confronted her about going to Vivian to persuade her not to go out with Wade, he said that she should really think about why she doesn't want him dating so close to home. I think it is interesting that in the beginning of season 3, we saw Wade very jealous of Joel and tried to sabotage their relationship in a way and then when Wade started going out with Vivian, his jealousy went away for the most part, but then we had Zoe jealousy of Vivian and trying to somewhat sabotage their relationship. Wade and Zoe's true feelings for each other were just hidden. it never went away.

Old 04-29-2020, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

I feel like for Wade too, he felt like he was fighting an uphill battle when it came to Zoe, feelings and the possibility of getting back together, so instead of just sitting around believing nothing was gonna happen, he tried to start dating seriously, again. In part to get to Zoe, but in part to heal and move on, even though deep down, he didn't want too, he just felt he has no choice and needed too.

I loved all Zoe's EWWWW's, UGH's and faces she made every time he talked about Vivian or being intimate with Vivian and her snarky comments about how she would be glad to stick around and watch her ex shove his tongue down her newly found cousin's throat but she had to go to work. She couldn't stand it.

Also, let's not forget this moment. Wade 100% enjoyed doing this and I enjoyed him doing it too.

"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 04-30-2020, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
I feel like for Wade too, he felt like he was fighting an uphill battle when it came to Zoe, feelings and the possibility of getting back together, so instead of just sitting around believing nothing was gonna happen, he tried to start dating seriously, again. In part to get to Zoe, but in part to heal and move on, even though deep down, he didn't want too, he just felt he has no choice and needed too.

I loved all Zoe's EWWWW's, UGH's and faces she made every time he talked about Vivian or being intimate with Vivian and her snarky comments about how she would be glad to stick around and watch her ex shove his tongue down her newly found cousin's throat but she had to go to work. She couldn't stand it.

Also, let's not forget this moment. Wade 100% enjoyed doing this and I enjoyed him doing it too.
[/img]

Yeah, I completely agree about how Wade was feeling about the situation with Zoe. He couldn't get himself to get over his feelings for Zoe and he realized that. I feel like he started to think it was useless to try to get her anymore after she shut him down, especially after Tansy somewhat knocked some sense into him so he tried dating. And even if Wade did feel something for Vivian, I think of her as just a bandaid that was just masking his feelings for Zoe deep down. I think that is why Wade was projecting all of his anger and hurt about the break up with Vivian towards Zoe. It was a hurt that was all to familiar. So when Vivian and Wade broke up, he was just left with the "bandaid" off and the injury of Zoe left standing. And his feelings for her came rushing back. Like Lemon told him..... "it reminds him of how much power Zoe has over his heart in the first place".

Old 04-30-2020, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't think Wade really did have feelings for Vivian, they barely had any buildup & he didn't seem to know much about her other than the fact that she was Zoe's cousin - so I think he just tried to project his feelings for Zoe onto Vivian instead.
Old 04-30-2020, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Yep, he definitely projected those feelings onto Vivian. And when he was getting Angry with Zoe over it, it was built up hurt and frustration over his relationship with Zoe that intensified it, not Vivian leaving. Like we've all said, Lemon saw right through that too. She picked up on his hurt and anger toward Zoe having to do more with the fact that she has so much power over his heart still, something he tried to shake, but was unsuccessful with.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Yep, he definitely projected those feelings onto Vivian. And when he was getting Angry with Zoe over it, it was built up hurt and frustration over his relationship with Zoe that intensified it, not Vivian leaving. Like we've all said, Lemon saw right through that too. She picked up on his hurt and anger toward Zoe having to do more with the fact that she has so much power over his heart still, something he tried to shake, but was unsuccessful with.
yeah that is true. And I think that he was just trying soooo hard to get his relationship on the level of how intense his feelings for Zoe were, but it never worked. That is why when Vivian and Wade broke up everything for Zoe just came rushing back. He was doing everything in his power to get over Zoe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I don't think Wade really did have feelings for Vivian, they barely had any buildup & he didn't seem to know much about her other than the fact that she was Zoe's cousin - so I think he just tried to project his feelings for Zoe onto Vivian instead.
Yeah, now that you mention it, they really didn't know much about each other. It was more just going out or having a make out session. Like you said, all his feelings for Zoe were probably just being projected towards Vivian thats why when they broke up all the anger was towards Zoe. But all the anger he was having that he thought was about the breakup with Vivian was probably just suppressed anger he had about Zoe leaving/her coming back to bluebell with Joel etc etc.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Glad we're all on the same page page regarding Wade and Vivian.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Glad we're all on the same page page regarding Wade and Vivian.
Sadly, I don't think I ever met anyone that actually liked them together. I mean, same with Joel and Zoe, although I didn't dislike Joel, as much as I did Vivian.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Sadly, I don't think I ever met anyone that actually liked them together. I mean, same with Joel and Zoe, although I didn't dislike Joel, as much as I did Vivian.
YEAH, I agree with you. Joel annoyed me a bit just because it was torture to see Zoe and Wade not together like they should have been, but it was even harder to see Wade with Vivian. And I am not sure if it was because of her character itself or the fact that it was more difficult seeing Wade with someone besides Zoe. It could have been because being with Zoe was the only real relationship that Wade ever had so seeing him start up another "relationship" with someone that wasn't just sleeping with them was difficult. I never really liked the fact that Wade told Vivian that he told Vivian that they had something good and something "real." I think he was just trying to fool himself and try and convince himself that it was real between them.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

I think it was part jealousy for me, part the actress herself and part because I didn't want to see Wade with anyone period, but Zoe. Poor Wade, I think he was fooling himself so bad. He was alone and watching Zoe "pretend" to be happy with Joel and he wanted to feel less lonely, I think. I think he was projecting a lot, but what they had wasn't real. He knew that. His only real, was with Zoe. Like even Wade kissing Joelle didn't bug me as much, cause I knew it was to make Zoe mad, but I can't even stomach Wade and Vivian kissing at all.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
I think it was part jealousy for me, part the actress herself and part because I didn't want to see Wade with anyone period, but Zoe. Poor Wade, I think he was fooling himself so bad. He was alone and watching Zoe "pretend" to be happy with Joel and he wanted to feel less lonely, I think. I think he was projecting a lot, but what they had wasn't real. He knew that. His only real, was with Zoe. Like even Wade kissing Joelle didn't bug me as much, cause I knew it was to make Zoe mad, but I can't even stomach Wade and Vivian kissing at all.
yeah, he was definitely projecting a lot. Just like Zoe was trying to pretend to be happy with Joel, Wade was trying to convince himself that he was happy with Vivian. But all the anger he had towards Zoe with both the beginning of the Wade/Vivian relationship and the end of their relationship said otherwise. We saw how angry Wade was when Zoe tried to sabotage the interest that Vivian had towards Wade. And then how angry he was when they broke up. It said so much about his real feelings for Zoe. I think Wade was still holding in a lot of anger towards Zoe for leaving and then coming back with a boyfriend. And the only thing that changed that was when he saved Earl. Because then he couldn't hide his feelings for her anymore.

Old 05-02-2020, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
It said so much about his real feelings for Zoe. I think Wade was still holding in a lot of anger towards Zoe for leaving and then coming back with a boyfriend.
Oh 100%. That is what bugs me so bad when Earl and Zoe are talking and he finds out W/Z broke up and he said Wade must be crushed and she blew it off and said trust her Wade was fine. FINE? How could she think he was fine? Even if he said I'm fine, she knows how he works. She knows the walls he puts up. She also knows that it took a lot of guts for him to come after her and be vulnerable and let his guard down and tell her he loves her. And she knows she walked away and told him she'd come back in 3 months and instead wrote an email saying she was never coming back, then randomly shows up 5 months later with a boyfriend. Why would anyone be fine after something like that? Wade was not fine and I love that he finally told her how bad that killed him in 4x01. He understood she needed space and time, but she should have understood his side as well. Just because he messed up the relationship, doesn't mean it still didn't hurt him losing her and seeing her happy with someone else. So no Zoe, Wade was not fine. And it's clear with his anger he projected toward her. He was so heartbroken and with Vivian gone, there were no more distractions.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I think she was in denial with her thinking Wade was fine. If he wasn't fine, then he did really love her but if he loved her, how could he cheat, etc. you know? It was just easier for her to believe he was okay. It helped her to pretend she was also okay.