Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

OMG, I didn't even realize how much that clicked with the 115 storyline!

I'm not invested in LAB either, I liked the idea of them in early s2, but I was also willing to give him & Lemon a chance because I'd always been curious to see what they would actually be like together. But then, in a heartbeat, he was ready to propose to Ruby, then just as quickly was all about AB. I just found it really hard to believe his feelings - & now I feel that same way about his feelings for Lemon. If he does end up with AB, I won't be happy about it, but I won't be angry either - I've just got no emotional investment in them.

George had what Lavon did not - his pov shown to the audience. We saw him asking himself if he had feelings for Lemon in the episodes building up to the finale & not just in the finale. We also saw him trying to deny them, thinking that he had moved past them & also realizing that he had not. I really felt for him when he was running after Lemon in the finale & so want him to get there in time! The fact that we actually saw him dealing with his feelings for her is what makes me think we're meant to root for him here - I know that they wanted Lavon there to be a twist, but they had to know that by not showing his feelings for Lemon, that no one would be happy about him being there. They got their wish & shocked the audience, but most people just reacted 'wtf' & I did not see anyone reacting with 'OMG Lavon's there, I really want them together'.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

I hadn't thought of the connection to 115 until we started talking about true love in the WZ thread. And after you described LAB and LL, it just clicked that it fit with Lavon's parents' storyline in 115.

I like AB and I just want her to be happy. That is my investment there. If she ends up with Lavon, then I want him to be worthy of her.

I really felt for George as well. We did get to see the evolution of what brought him to that moment in he finale. And I found him very believable in that moment when he was pounding on the glass. And ITA with the way that all played out, I feel we are meant to root for George.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I like AB too & I do want all the characters to end in a good place.

Seriously, him running after her....even when I rewatch it, it gets to me! It reminds me of Wade going after Zoe in the s2 finale.

It's very possibly that I am just seeing what I want to see, but I really do think that it's got to be Lemon/George that will make it out of this triangle. Not only because we'd seen George's pov & made to feel empathy for him, but I do feel like there have been hints of Lemon having feelings for him too. After sleeping with George, Lemon wasn't sure if she could go through with sleeping with Peter & Zoe told her that it's because she believes in love & happily ever after & she wouldn't sleep with Peter because he was just another detour. Lemon had a string of love interests all season, but that ended with George. Also, when Zoe was trying to set them up, it was clear to me that she was questioning her feelings for George as much as he was his feelings for her.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
I hadn't thought of the connection to 115 until we started talking about true love in the WZ thread. And after you described LAB and LL, it just clicked that it fit with Lavon's parents' storyline in 115.

I like AB and I just want her to be happy. That is my investment there. If she ends up with Lavon, then I want him to be worthy of her.

I really felt for George as well. We did get to see the evolution of what brought him to that moment in he finale. And I found him very believable in that moment when he was pounding on the glass. And ITA with the way that all played out, I feel we are meant to root for George.
ITA with both of you. Good explanations and great points about the thrill of an affair vs. the reality of a long-term relationship, and about the parallel with Lavon's parents. Maybe Wade will remind Lavon of that next season, since he was the one who turned the CH into Tahiti for them. It's Wade's turn to provide some relationship insights, since Lemon and GT have both done it for him.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Lemon has been the voice of reason for both Zoe & Wade before, it is time they returned the favor!
Old 06-23-2014, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I like AB too & I do want all the characters to end in a good place.

Seriously, him running after her....even when I rewatch it, it gets to me! It reminds me of Wade going after Zoe in the s2 finale.

It's very possibly that I am just seeing what I want to see, but I really do think that it's got to be Lemon/George that will make it out of this triangle. Not only because we'd seen George's pov & made to feel empathy for him, but I do feel like there have been hints of Lemon having feelings for him too. After sleeping with George, Lemon wasn't sure if she could go through with sleeping with Peter & Zoe told her that it's because she believes in love & happily ever after & she wouldn't sleep with Peter because he was just another detour. Lemon had a string of love interests all season, but that ended with George. Also, when Zoe was trying to set them up, it was clear to me that she was questioning her feelings for George as much as he was his feelings for her.
I'm also very much biased toward George and Lemon. I loved them in season 1 so this season just made me happy when they opened that door again.

I didn't make the connection that after Lemon slept with George the love interests stopped and she also wasn't able to go through with things with Peter. I do think when Zoe was trying to set them up that Lemon was open to exploring that just so long as she also knew that George was on the same page. She seemed to only step back from that once it was revealed that it was Zoe behind the scheme. And then George told her that them sleeping together was a mistake. So I sort of get the feeling that Lemon is just cautious and afraid.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, I completely agree, both Lemon & George were open to exploring their relationship again imo - I think they were both afraid to put themselves out there though, so when they found out that Zoe was behind it all, it made them both think that it hadn't really been what the other had wanted & that made them both feel a little foolish, so they shut those feelings down again. & I think she really disappointed when George didn't want to work with her anymore. It's subtle, but I do think there were hints of feelings on her part.

Also, with that psychic talking about LG's wedding to Zoe & how she need to fix it, that did make me think that we might just see them have a proper wedding next season!
Old 06-23-2014, 11:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Yeah, I completely agree, both Lemon & George were open to exploring their relationship again imo - I think they were both afraid to put themselves out there though, so when they found out that Zoe was behind it all, it made them both think that it hadn't really been what the other had wanted & that made them both feel a little foolish, so they shut those feelings down again. & I think she really disappointed when George didn't want to work with her anymore. It's subtle, but I do think there were hints of feelings on her part.

Also, with that psychic talking about LG's wedding to Zoe & how she need to fix it, that did make me think that we might just see them have a proper wedding next season!
I think there were hints too, and Lemon's speech to George about how she was going to make it up to him and get his money back was really impassioned. She didn't want to let him down or have him mad at her, just like George didn't want her mad at him in 320. Look at her face while she was talking to him, and the way she held onto his hand, and even the soft lighting. It had the feel of one of the old classic romantic movies with Katherine Hepburn or Ingrid Bergman. Wanting to get George's investment back for him was the real reason Lemon sold her soul to Grandma Breeland and agreed to go on the Love Boat cruise, I think.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaH (View Post)
I think there were hints too, and Lemon's speech to George about how she was going to make it up to him and get his money back was really impassioned. She didn't want to let him down or have him mad at her, just like George didn't want her mad at him in 320. Look at her face while she was talking to him, and the way she held onto his hand, and even the soft lighting. It had the feel of one of the old classic romantic movies with Katherine Hepburn or Ingrid Bergman. Wanting to get George's investment back for him was the real reason Lemon sold her soul to Grandma Breeland and agreed to go on the Love Boat cruise, I think.
I hadn't thought of it in that way.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree completely, if it was just for her own benefit, I think she'd be far too proud to accept Grandma Breeland's deal imo. I think she did it for George

Also, going back to Lavon & George. Lavon left to go after Lemon after Don Todd was talking about knowing he'd done all he could so that he could move on & George went after Lemon after Don Todd was talking about how they drove each other crazy because they were afraid to let each other know how deeply they felt. Maybe that indicates that Lavon will lay it all out there, get shot down & be able to move on & George & Lemon will finally stop being afraid of letting each other know how deeply they feel.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Loving all the discussion today! Sophie you should join us on the LG thread, it needs more love!
Old 06-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Will do
Old 06-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaH (View Post)
I never thought of that either Emma. That is a good theory. She did promise him he would get every cent back. I just can't except the thought of after giving Lemon such growth she would even consider going back with Lavon. The man her best friend wanted to marry. And poor George will get dumped on again. No please no. GL were a bright moment in this dark season. They are too entertaining.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemers718 (View Post)
I never thought of that either Emma. That is a good theory. She did promise him he would get every cent back. I just can't except the thought of after giving Lemon such growth she would even consider going back with Lavon. The man her best friend wanted to marry. And poor George will get dumped on again. No please no. GL were a bright moment in this dark season. They are too entertaining.
I know, me too Lisa. I would hate that, which is why I'm in total denial that it could possibly happen. Plus Lavon's renewed friendship with GT was about the only thing I enjoyed about Lavon this season. i would hate to see that destroyed too.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Whatever they do, I hope it's good!