Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

The focus should definitely be on the main cast!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

Since this is the general discussion thread...anyone have a favorite storyline?

I really really liked the Don Todd stuff with George/Lavon this season.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 06-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I really liked the parallels on the season 3 finale with Zoe/Annabeth/Crickett/Lemon having hiccups because they needed to say something. It was cute
Old 06-14-2014, 07:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

Isn't it funny how we can all find something so very different. To me the hiccups were annoying, but the parallel between them was good.

~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 06-14-2014, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I liked it because it connected all the storylines!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
I liked it because it connected all the storylines!
Yep, that is the only reason I somewhat liked it!

Old 06-15-2014, 01:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
Since this is the general discussion thread...anyone have a favorite storyline?

I really really liked the Don Todd stuff with George/Lavon this season.
I liked that too, Cathy. One thing I really liked this season I really don't remember much else that stood out for me this season since I didn't rewatch the episodes. Maybe in a couple of weeks I can add another favorite storyline. Season 3 just started on Dutch televison
Old 06-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
Yep, that is the only reason I somewhat liked it!
I hope they connect storylines like that next season too.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazySummer (View Post)
I liked that too, Cathy. One thing I really liked this season I really don't remember much else that stood out for me this season since I didn't rewatch the episodes. Maybe in a couple of weeks I can add another favorite storyline. Season 3 just started on Dutch televison
I am right there with you Ellen. Most things didn't really stand out.

And as much as I love George, I still want Lavon/Lemon so here I am trying to figure out a great storyline for George next season.

Plus, I don't love the idea of George begging Lemon to take him back. I also think the same thing about Zoe having to beg Wade...I don't like that either.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I don't think anyone has to beg. I will always want Lemon/George, they really got me this season.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

I wanted to bring the discussion about Lavon over here because there were some good points brought up. I didn't want to get too off topic in the WZ thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaH (View Post)
Thanks! So here's what I think it means for Lemon/Lavon. I'm not as clear about this, but it's my gut reaction.

I think Lemon drives Lavon crazy because she is the one who got away. He thought she was going to stay with him and break up with George and she didn't. Lavon the mayor and football star isn't used to not getting what he wants, or losing out to another guy. He's competitive, and this time George won. So basically it's Lemon's unavailability that drives him crazy. She is beautiful, and smart, and strong and he wants her but can't have her. That makes him nuts.

Ruby picked her career over him, but that wasn't the same as losing out to another guy and Ruby didn't stick around to be a constant reminder of their breakup. Plus, Lavon left her first, when he went to college and didn't keep in touch the way he said he would. So in their case, I don't think the fact that Lemon drives Lavon crazy is a good thing, or something that means they are meant to be together as a couple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
edit: I don't think it's Lemon that drives him crazy, I think he's just crazy No, but seriously, I don't feel like we're meant to be rooting to LL here, so I think you're right that her driving him crazy is not a good thing.
I'm in agreement with both of these. I don't think Lemon driving Lavon crazy is a good thing. I also brought up in the WZ thread that Lavon had been comparing his relationship with AB to those in his past. In comparison his relationship with AB is calm and not like those. And yet Lavon also said that Lemon was his true love back in 115.

So some thoughts on that. Remembering what Sophie said during her vows in the finale about true love being possible twice, I think can apply to Lavon. And yet Lavon may not have realized that himself. He may still be stuck on how things ended with Lemon. And he feels that Lemon was his true love. And he may not feel the same way about AB that he felt about Lemon. He loves them both differently. Maybe he's hung up on the fact that he doubts AB being his true love because it is different.

I don't know. I'm probably reaching here.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think Lavon has probably idealized his relationship with Lemon, because they never really had a real chance. They had an affair - not a real relationship, I'm not saying that that means the feelings weren't real, but when you're having an affair & have to sneak around, you always make the most of your time together. It's exciting & bittersweet, because you know you only have an hour or two & you don't know when you'll get to be together again. It can be very intense, so I'm sure Lavon remembers it that way. So comparing his relationship to AB, where he sees her everyday, where it's calm & mundane (I don't mean that in a bad way) I can understand how he might think that he might have thought that his relationship with Lemon was better.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think Lavon has probably idealized his relationship with Lemon, because they never really had a real chance. They had an affair - not a real relationship, I'm not saying that that means the feelings weren't real, but when you're having an affair & have to sneak around, you always make the most of your time together. It's exciting & bittersweet, because you know you only have an hour or two & you don't know when you'll get to be together again. It can be very intense, so I'm sure Lavon remembers it that way. So comparing his relationship to AB, where he sees her everyday, where it's calm & mundane (I don't mean that in a bad way) I can understand how he might think that he might have thought that his relationship with Lemon was better.
Bingo. You explained exactly what I think it was. It was more exciting for lack of a better word. It was a brief time for them. Everything was new and fresh as well. They didn't have the time for it to get to the point where things aren't as exciting which is what often happens in real relationships.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, I honestly think he's built up this fantasy in his head & is only remembering the good things about it.

I really can't get myself to believe that we're meant to be rooting for Lavon with Lemon. It just hasn't been written that way at all. I just hope they get him to realize all this for himself & let go of Lemon, & not that she rejects him then he sits around feeling sorry for himself.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I honestly think he's built up this fantasy in his head & is only remembering the good things about it.

I really can't get myself to believe that we're meant to be rooting for Lavon with Lemon. It just hasn't been written that way at all. I just hope they get him to realize all this for himself & let go of Lemon, & not that she rejects him then he sits around feeling sorry for himself.
Actually even going back and thinking about 115. That is what happened with his parents.

I also would like for him to come to some realizations by himself. I really want him to stop moping. It isn't even necessarily about LAB because I'm not invested in them. I just miss the Lavon that we met in season 1. And there has been far too much of him feeling sorry for himself since season 2.

At this point, if they feel it is necessary then have them both try it out. I'm not so sure that Lavon and Lemon would work as who they currently are because they've both changed from when they were together.

I do think that we are meant to root for George with the way the finale went. Also George tried to distract himself from Lemon. That only worked for a short time. He can't shake her from his mind.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread