Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Absolute Fan

^ In a way that's the worst part about it. It's not Rose's feelings that she's prioritizing, but her own. I understand that Zoe supposedly has feelings for a man she barely knows, but to project her own desires onto these teenagers is inappropriate, in my opinion. She really crossed the line when she attacked the boy when he came to her for medical help.

But JMO
Old 12-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Absolute Fan

True she went far in this episode, I think everyone kind of went a bit too far with something in this episode which is actually interesting IMO.

"You spit on me!" "You were choking me - I didn't mean to spit on you, darling." - Rachel Bilson and Ben McKenzie
NewOCFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think Zoe/George is over...but please no Zoe/Wade...I dislike how much they've highlighted him (and how it's clear who the show wants you to like...shirt off constantly, the puppy dog look)
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Absolute Fan

I just hope people don't judge the episode based on how many scenes Zoe had with either guy.

"You spit on me!" "You were choking me - I didn't mean to spit on you, darling." - Rachel Bilson and Ben McKenzie
Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I root for Zoe/Wade cause he's single lol plus there cute. I do agree that Zoe didn't have Rose's best interest at heart but wanted to beat Lemon's sister if Magnolia wasen't related to Lemon I doubt she would have cared. I felt bad for Lemon, and understood why Cinamon queen meant to her.
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

This episode was very uneven. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the Flashbacks! Finally! And I loved Wade/George, and Wade finally saying out loud what we've been thinking all this time. I even liked how they gave a backstory to Lemon's issues with her Mother, and her current whereabouts. Kudos to casting, Meredith Monroe! But, the Pageant stuff --- Ugh, what a downer for the episode.

And of course, Zoe plays Wade by not accepting his offer, but teasing him. Can we countdown until Zoe's ex from NYC comes back for her? We know that's coming.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Absolute Fan

If Zoe's ex doesn't come back, I'll applaud this show even more.
It'd be so contrived. At first, when Zoe first showed up and we found out George and Lemon were getting married, I figured this would be like The OC where either Lemon would be caught for cheating and then a few episodes later, George and Zoe hooked up. I thought they'd go back there again Not that it wasn't good the first time.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I also love that George and Lemon are so in love. I'm completely 100% shipping Lemon with Lavon, but G&L is sweet too, particularly this quote:

"You see, we love each other. And nothing and no one can compete with the history we have. We are going to be together and we're going to stay together forever."
I actually think that George said this more to convince himself than that it's to express that he's very much in love with Lemon. I sense some doubt here.

I really liked this episode, the best scenes being the George/Wade scenes.

I don't think that George/Zoe is over either (at least I hope they're not) by the regret and longing showing in their faces in their last scene together.
LazySummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I actually think that George said this more to convince himself than that it's to express that he's very much in love with Lemon. I sense some doubt here.
I guess I just didn't see it that way. Based on all of Lemon and George's interactions with each other, they really seem genuinely in love imo. They have each other's backs, they fight, they make up, they have fun together, they seem like a realistic and in love couple. If it wasn't for how incredible Lemon and Lavon are, I would seriously ship L&G.

But anyway, we can agree to disagree
Old 12-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

I think George likes how Zoe doesn't censor herself, unlike Lemon. I don't doubt George loves Lemon, but I feel like when Zoe came into town, I think he realized that Zoe's attitude is in more pace with what he is attracted to, then Lemon's.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy87 (View Post)
I guess I just didn't see it that way. Based on all of Lemon and George's interactions with each other, they really seem genuinely in love imo. They have each other's backs, they fight, they make up, they have fun together, they seem like a realistic and in love couple. If it wasn't for how incredible Lemon and Lavon are, I would seriously ship L&G.

But anyway, we can agree to disagree
Ah, but we don´t totally disagree:. I agree that they really have feelings for each other and that they enjoy being together. I too like them as a couple. But if they were totally in love, they wouldn´t be so troubled about their feelings for Zoe (George) and Lavon (Lemon). At least IMO
LazySummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^I totally agree with you, Ellen. I don't have any doubt that Lemon/George have real feelings for each other and have a strong bond based on their shared history. You can tell that they are very good together and love each other. But the fact that they are both so torn by their feelings for other people shows me that there must be something missing in their present relationship.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. They obviously aren't getting what they need for each other.. and there is something missing there if they have these feelings for other people.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah, and to me that scene where George was defending his relationship with Lemon and brushing off his feelings for Zoe as merely "she reminds me of New York" definitely seemed like he was trying to convince himself that it was all true. Me thinks he doth protest too much.

Last edited by kerbear28; 12-07-2011 at 05:39 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Addicted Fan

The best scene in the episode was the end with Zoe/Wade
Reply   Post New Thread