Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2011, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hairdos and Holidays (1x10) Episode Discussion ~ Airs December 5!!

[made by Juliana]

1x10: Hairdos and Holidays
December 5th, 2011 @ 9:00 p.m.

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:
Zoe encourages Rose to enter Bluebell's annual Miss Cinnamon Cider Pageant even though Lemon's younger sister, Magnolia, is the clear favorite to win. With Zoe coaching Rose and Lemon coaching Magnolia, the rivalry rises to a whole new level. Flashbacks reveal some of the history behind Lemon's relationship with her mother and the details of when Lemon and Lavon first realized they had a connection.

PROMOS!

RULES!
1. Since some people may not be a fan of your certain ship, try not to insult other ships, just stick to the one you like and be positive, please.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something. Don't just say 'GOD THIS SUCKED'.
3. No talk of illegal downloading, asking or commenting about it. Any posts with that topic will be deleted. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!

Last edited by AlwaysCB; 12-22-2013 at 10:07 AM
Cosmic Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:02 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread, Steffi!

looking forward to come good Zoe/Rose scenes... and learning more about Lemon's past with her mother and Lavon!
Ellie
then you must kiss me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

tftnt, Steffi! So psyched for this episode. It looks so fun and interesting. Can't wait for more Zoe and Rose, and learning more about Lemon's mother and the beginning of Lemon/Lavon.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome

I am so excited to get to know more about Lavon's and Lemon's history and Lemon's mother!
Cosmic Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Supreme Fan

New thread!

I'm really looking forward to it. I like Rose, and I like Rose and Zoe's friendship so I'm glad to see more of it. And I want see more about Lemon and Levon.

Plus, Wade and George get arrested so that has to be good.
pixiestyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Elite Fan

yes, I enjoy Rose too, and hope next season, she gets promoted to regular.
Ellie
Old 12-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Love the Rose/Zoey friendship, its really cute.

Wade & George are hilarious. Best bromance ever.

Poor Lemon, saw her mom with another family. felt really bad for her.

I got so nervous that we weren't going to get any Wade/Zoey scene but really liked the one at the end.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Overall, AWESOME episode. My thoughts:

1. Really LOVE the Zoe/Rose friendship! Those chicks are AMAZING.
2. Again, I'm head over heels for the George/Wade bromance. They are hilarious...though it did get pretty intense with George calling Wade out on his immaturity and "playing the field," and Wade calling George out on flirting with Zoe while he's engaged to Lemon...I just KNEW we would get the "Why do you even care about this?" scene eventually.
3. The feud between Lemon and Zoe got REALLY dramatic....can't believe they actually got into fiance stealing!
4. Loved seeing the beginning of Lemon/Lavon and how he was the only one she could confide in about her mother. Lemon seeing her mother with her whole other family was SO sad. I felt so bad for her. It must have been so hard for Lavon to turn her away when she needed him to be there for her again,
5. I understand why Zoe was angry with George. She felt led on. The talk they had at the end was pretty bittersweet. I suppose they both need to try to move on from what they felt. They know it's the right thing to do. Call me crazy, but I'm still holding out hope for these two in the end.
6. As a ZG fan, part of me was dreading the Wade/Zoe scene at the end...but I was also very proud of Wade for finally putting himself out there by asking to buy Zoe a drink. I was happy for him. It was pretty cute.

Last edited by kerbear28; 12-05-2011 at 08:30 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Absolute Fan

I loved the scenes with Rose and Zoe. When Rose was up there, I don't know if it was just me but Zoe looked like she had tears of joy seeing her up there. As if she sees Rose as sort of like a daughter..?

I love the Wade and George scenes too! So funny when they got arrested IMO. Love how the cop didn't like Wade.

I also felt bad for Lemon all throughout this episode.

I felt as though something bad would happen and we'd be left on a cliffhanger. But then again, it'd be contrived probably. But I can't wait for the next episode! Rachel singing, I always wanted to hear her sing but in the promo I was laughing. Not because it's bad but because I know Rachel has to sound a bit off on purpose.

"You spit on me!" "You were choking me - I didn't mean to spit on you, darling." - Rachel Bilson and Ben McKenzie
NewOCFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

I was surprised that it was only a year ago when Lemon and Lavon got together. I assumed it was at least a couple years ago. that puts a lot in perspective, like that George has barely been back much longer than Zoe's been there... he hardly had time to miss New York before she showed up and reminded him.

Rose showing off all her talents was a definite highlight for me. she was so cute/funny. I wonder if that was really McKaley singing... I'm glad that Zoe came around and let Rose do things her way. and I'm glad that at least Magnolia didn't win. Rose definitely wasn't going to, because she wasn't crazy serious obsessed about it anyway.

loved all the George and Wade. George yelling at Wade about how his lawyer was at the other end of the tree was priceless.

I loved Lavon catching George's rant about loving Lemon and all that. and while is was sad that he shut the door in Lemon's face, I was proud of him, too.

poor Lemon though! her mom is a major-league bitch. it was like her family wasn't good enough for her, so she went off and had another one. I couldn't believe that.

not much George and Zoe, but I dug for the deeper meanings in all of it, and I enjoyed it. I couldn't believe that George didn't get that Wade was jealous though. headshake.
Ellie
Old 12-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Supreme Fan

^ I don't think Zoe sees Rose as a daughter but more as a little sister.

But I really liked Zoe and Rose's scenes. I hope that after the hiatus we see more of Rose.

Really surprised that Lemon called Zoe out on her crush on George. I didn't think she noticed.

Liked Wade and George. 'you know who would like this tree?' 'Wade, Charlie Brown is not real'

And i agree with kerbear: Good on George for calling Wade out on his immaturity. I love Wade but it's the one thing that bothers me about him. And good on Wade for calling George out on his flirting with Zoe while he's engaged.

Interesting how they stressed how Wade has been with many women and George with only one (or at least the same one for a long time). George had no clue as to why Wade was pushing him so hard about Zoe, probably because of Wade's history.

Loved Wade and Zoe's last scene. 'You showed her how to be' I just love them together.

I really liked Lemon's backstory with her mom and Levon. I'm starting to actually like Lemon.
pixiestyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Wished to see more Zoe and Wade. But the ending scene was sweet. I think when it comes back on it's going to maybe show Zoe developing feelings for Wade.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Elite Fan

it definitely looked like Zoe was ready to give Wade a chance. nod.
Ellie
Old 12-06-2011, 01:25 AM
Absolute Fan

Overall, the episode was pretty awesome.

Loved Lemon and Lavon's flashbacks and Lemon's backstory. That was the most emotional part of the episode (if not the series) by far.

Wade and George's bromance and Rose trying out for the competition were both adorable.

I also love that George and Lemon are so in love. I'm completely 100% shipping Lemon with Lavon, but G&L is sweet too, particularly this quote:

"You see, we love each other. And nothing and no one can compete with the history we have. We are going to be together and we're going to stay together forever."

It's great that they're not just a shallow roadblock couple that some shoes sometimes start out with. They actually have some depth and we can see why the love each other.

But one thing I'm really not into is Zoe pushing Rose to go after a boy who is clearly involved with someone else and who is obviously not interested in her. The way she's going about it is just inappropriate. Instead of harassing a boy for only seeing Rose as a friend (and treating her as such) Zoe should have been encouraging her to find someone who is actually interested in her.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy87 (View Post)
But one thing I'm really not into is Zoe pushing Rose to go after a boy who is clearly involved with someone else and who is obviously not interested in her. The way she's going about it is just inappropriate. Instead of harassing a boy for only seeing Rose as a friend (and treating her as such) Zoe should have been encouraging her to find someone who is actually interested in her.
I think it was just because Rose was reminding her of herself and she hated that she couldn't do anything to be with George and probably wanted Rose to capture the boy's affections because, hey, him and Magnolia aren't getting married. Not that I encourage cheating but i try to understand why Zoe did what she did.

"You spit on me!" "You were choking me - I didn't mean to spit on you, darling." - Rachel Bilson and Ben McKenzie
NewOCFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread