Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

A Good Run of Bad Luck (3x17) Episode Discussion ~ Airs April 11, 2014!

[made by Juliana]

3x17: A Good Run of Bad Luck
April 11, 2014 @ 9:00 p.m.

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:
Zoe (Rachel Bilson) is convinced that she and Lavon (Cress Williams) are cursed and the only way to make things right is to fix the past. When Vivian's (guest star Lauren Bittner) son (guest star Cole Sand) asks Wade (Wilson Bethel) for some advice, he is happy to help, but not everyone is excited about his methods. After an unplanned encounter, George (Scott Porter) and Lemon (Jaime King) try to avoid each other, but it is more difficult now that they are business partners. Meanwhile, AnnaBeth (Kaitlyn Black) is getting fed up with one of Brick's (Tim Matheson) patients, Davis (guest star Barry Watson), until she learns the real reason behind his ailments.

PROMOS!

RULES!
1. Since some people may not be a fan of your certain ship, try not to insult other ships, just stick to the one you like and be positive, please.
2. No bashing of characters/actors.
3. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something. Don't just say 'GOD THIS SUCKED'.
4. No talk of illegal downloading, asking or commenting about it. Any posts with that topic will be deleted. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!

Old 04-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Thanks for the thread Juliana!

That is a great picture of Zoe!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

You're welcome, and I agree, she looks very pretty!
Old 04-08-2014, 05:37 AM
Elite Fan

Old 04-08-2014, 06:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Thanks for the stills Tracie.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Great stills. Makes me look forward to the episode. And I agree Zoe looks really beautiful in that pic.
LazySummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:57 AM
New Fan

Looking forward to it. My Tivo is set to record it.
morasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Zoe does look gorgeous. The Joel cleanse is working.
Hon-ay 1x11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Thanks for the stills Tracie!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Extreme Fan

With all the discussion of Roadhouse in last night's episode, it just came to me that the Patrick Swazie love interest in that movie was Kelly Lynch who played a doctor who treated him when he was injured in a bar brawl.
Hon-ay 1x11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

I really liked this episode. I thought it was sweet and had the old HoD feel and charm to it. The goofiness was at a minimum and there was a lot of heart and emotion in the storylines. Amazing what happens when Joel leaves.

Highlights for me:
  • Lemorge! I love George and Lemon together. There was so much sexual tension in their scenes. The flashbacks were steamy and something this seaosn has needed desperately. I love that George realized that he still has feelings for Lemon. I really can't wait to see where this goes.
  • Zoe and Lavon's friendship. I've missed these 2. More plese!
  • Zoe not being crazy more than usual. She was vulnerable and I completely got her. So I didn't get annoyed by her antics in this episode. She is dealing with things in the best way she can. She is also coming to terms with her emotions and is vulnerable.
  • Wade's maturity. While I found the scenes with Charles a struggle because Charles was so bland and flat, I did love how grown up Wade has become. I also loved his vulnerability in admitting that he just wanted Harley to like him.
  • I loved Brick's scene with AB when he encouraged her to give Davis' a chance. I also like Davis. He is sweet. And I can't wait to see Lavon's reaction.

The only thing I really didn't like was that Wade was isolated in his own storyline and some of it felt flat because I really don't like Charles. The guy had no personality.

Here is my review: Hart of Dixie - Episode 3.17 - A Good Run of Bad Luck - Review: Love Cursed and Love Rekindled | Spoilers
Old 04-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hon-ay 1x11 (View Post)
With all the discussion of Roadhouse in last night's episode, it just came to me that the Patrick Swazie love interest in that movie was Kelly Lynch who played a doctor who treated him when he was injured in a bar brawl.
I hope that's foreshadowing. Good catch!
Old 04-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really liked lemon/george.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Really great episode; best of the season. Finally felt like the HoD I love again! Some thoughts on the ep:

*George and Lemon were perfect. Loved the flashbacks. They had great chemistry and they both looked so gorgeous when they had their awkward encounter early in the ep. I loved all of their scenes. Great sl.
*I love it when they let us know how Zoe feels by the way she dresses and does (or rather doesn’t do) her hair.
*Nice scene between Wade and Harley. He’s good with the kid (better than his own mother). His sl with Harley's dad wasn't so interesting but I liked how Wade handled the whole situation with him.
* It seemed unnecessary awkward that George and Lemon confided in Zoe and Lavon on their unexpected night together. Why would they confide in them of all people?
*I loved Zoe and Lavon having all those scenes together. Especially the one in the restaurant when Zoe's stalking Lemon and George.
*Our main cast having good screen time again was awesome.
*Loved AB’s sl too. Interesting to see how this thing with Davis connection to Filmore works out. Her scenes with Brick were also nice.
* And even a Zoe and Lemon moment. Zoe: “I’’ll take this. Come on Lemon, I’d like to talk to you about a little thing I like to call Oxytocin.
* "You were one piece of fish away from having a great night" Zoe had some great one liners
LazySummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

I really liked the episode as well. Time for Wade to join the main cast though.

I loved Zoe's one-lines too. Three of Zoe's lines stood out to me. I wonder why..

- You can't deny that something is drawing you to each other. Repeatedly!
- They aren't the same people they were when they broke up. Maybe they're more compatible now!
- Well, maybe they pick on each other because they don't want to show their true feelings!

I do think both Zoe and Lavon felt a little uncomfortable hearing about them having sex. It was needed though for the plot of the story line.
Fogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread