Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2020, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Nice! I need to watch it, but I need to catch up with the other episodes before I do.

There was a scene that he sounded like Wade? that is really cool! What was it? Im keeping all these scenes in mind so I keep a look out for them to realize them.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Old 05-05-2020, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
Nice! I need to watch it, but I need to catch up with the other episodes before I do.

There was a scene that he sounded like Wade? that is really cool! What was it? Im keeping all these scenes in mind so I keep a look out for them to realize them.
It was last night. He was even drinking a beer too. Made me happy. He actually sounded like Wade a couple of times.

Waiting on a good video of Mark dancing last night. I need it. I wanna make gifs. lol
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 05-05-2020 at 02:59 PM
Old 05-05-2020, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
It was last night. He was even drinking a beer too. Made me happy. He actually sounded like Wade a couple of times.

Waiting on a good video of Mark dancing last night. I need it. I wanna make gifs. lol
I was just watching an episode of All Rise today and I think Wilson has took on a southern accent permanently when he says "Come on." That was the second time I've heard him say it with a southern accent and it was so similar to Wade, it was scary.

Old 05-05-2020, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah for sure. Even in his interviews that southern accent slips in there. I think that is why I took to his character Mark, because he sounds like Wade so much sometimes. Even his mannerisms. Like when I did those sets of Mark and Wade doing the same hand gestures, etc... Wade has definitely stuck with him and I love it.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 05-05-2020, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Oh yeah for sure. Even in his interviews that southern accent slips in there. I think that is why I took to his character Mark, because he sounds like Wade so much sometimes. Even his mannerisms. Like when I did those sets of Mark and Wade doing the same hand gestures, etc... Wade has definitely stuck with him and I love it.
yeah, I love it too! I know I am never really a fan of watching actors of my favorite shows on other projects because I have a difficult time seeing them as anything other than the character I knew them as, but I am trying. And I think seeing that Wade mannerisms and the accent have stayed with Wilson is great to see despite how confusing it can be. in my head I keep bouncing back and forth thinking okay, Wade. Okay, Mark.

Old 05-05-2020, 04:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
in my head I keep bouncing back and forth thinking okay, Wade. Okay, Mark.
I do the exact same thing. I have tried this in the past with other actors I love and it is difficult and I give up. With Wilson, I have been forcing myself to watch his other shows, just because I really just wanna see him in something, even tho most of the time I just can't see him as anyone other then Wade, but with Mark, it gets really confusing as you said. One minute you're like, oh Hi Wade, then he slips back into Mark, then back into Wade.

I don't think he even realizes he does it. He also says "hey oh" in one scene as Mark and said the same thing to Lavon when he came in and Lavon was setting the Wade Trap. LOL When I heard Mark say that, I was like oh look, Wade made an appearance again.

Wade says it here @ 2:34

Mark says it here @ 1:16

Mark (AR set) OMG, he's so freaking cute. Can we crop Amy out of the one with him putting his shirt on? i don't like him with her.

https://wilson-bethel.tumblr.com/

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 05-05-2020 at 05:17 PM
Old 05-05-2020, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

yeah. it really messes with your head when there are similar things that he says as Wade AND Mark. It messes with my head big time. It's funny that you post those two videos. That scene with Lola and Mark when he says "hey oh" was one of the scenes that made me think of him as Wade, but without really pinpointing a specific episode that Wade said that.

I wish I could find a video of it, but towards the beginning of the season of All Rise there was a scene where Mark walks into the office and does this "Wooo" yelling thing and Wade definitely has done that too and it reminded me so much of Wade there.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah he said "I get it" last night talking to Lola and he said it with Wade's accent. It sounded exactly like when he said to Zoe "I get it" when he was talking about her needing space, in episode 4x01. I Instantly thought of that Wade and Zoe scene when he was telling her about leaving and coming back with a boyfriend. It was hard not too think of that scene, just because he sounded exactly like Wade when he said that line to Lola. Plus add a beer in his hand and yes, it was a serious Wade Kinsella moment for me. lol

That's not spoiling anything. It was just a random line, but his delivery is very Wade Kinsella.

He was so cute dancing around.

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 05-05-2020 at 06:30 PM
Old 05-05-2020, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I don't like him with Amy either

I guess it's been so long and/or I'm too into the show so all of these moments where Mark sounds like Wade just goes right over my head.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Yeah he said "I get it" last night talking to Lola and he said it with Wade's accent. It sounded exactly like when he said to Zoe "I get it" when he was talking about her needing space, in episode 4x01. I Instantly thought of that Wade and Zoe scene when he was telling her about leaving and coming back with a boyfriend. It was hard not too think of that scene, just because he sounded exactly like Wade when he said that line to Lola. Plus add a beer in his hand and yes, it was a serious Wade Kinsella moment for me. lol

That's not spoiling anything. It was just a random line, but his delivery is very Wade Kinsella.
And it is really difficult for me to tell whether the things he says in a certain way are his Wade Kinsella southern accent or it was just the way that Wilson says it and he just does it the same way with all the characters he plays. But I hear southern in some things so I'm thinking that some things about the southern accent stuck with Wilson and it just gets carried with him throughout other roles.

Old 05-06-2020, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
I don't like him with Amy either

I guess it's been so long and/or I'm too into the show so all of these moments where Mark sounds like Wade just goes right over my head.
Yep, no to Amy and Mark.

I think it's just in him. He had to speak with it for months and months at a time for nearly 5 years. So it's understandable that it's stuck with him. What's funny is hearing him talk about that accent and how when he would turn it on, things would just fall out of his mouth that he would never say as Wilson. He said it was a trip, what that accent brought out in him. That's when he said most of Wade's lines were improvised because stuff would just spew out of his mouth and he didn't know where it was coming from.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:

I think it's just in him. He had to speak with it for months and months at a time for nearly 5 years. So it's understandable that it's stuck with him. What's funny is hearing him talk about that accent and how when he would turn it on, things would just fall out of his mouth that he would never say as Wilson. He said it was a trip, what that accent brought out in him. That's when he said most of Wade's lines were improvised because stuff would just spew out of his mouth and he didn't know where it was coming from.
yeah, I think that is what has happened. Because of Wade, the accent and certain quirks have just stayed with Wilson and it just followed him into other roles. Like we had said about the "hey oh" or the "come on." I am sure the fact that Wade's lines were improvised so much is why it has somewhat stayed with Wilson as a person.

Old 05-06-2020, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
yeah, I think that is what has happened. Because of Wade, the accent and certain quirks have just stayed with Wilson and it just followed him into other roles. Like we had said about the "hey oh" or the "come on." I am sure the fact that Wade's lines were improvised so much is why it has somewhat stayed with Wilson as a person.
Yep and I bet money" Zinger" is a Wilson improvise. He says that so much as Wade, notably when the girl slapped him when they couldn't take their hands off the boat and that girl slapped him and he said Zinger. He also says it to Zoe a few times, but then I saw an interview with Wilson and he said it when he was talking, so I bet that word was improvised every time Wade said, since Wilson said it off set as well.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Thoughts on his facial hair?
Old 05-07-2020, 01:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Thoughts on his facial hair?
It's always gonna be the same for me. Love his face completely smooth and clean shaven. I always felt this way with Wade, when they would grow out a little scruff on him, I always wanted it gone, esp in Season 4. In 2x16, I couldn't take my eyes off Wade's face. It was so perfect and smooth. He looks so hot all throughout that episode, even if it's the worst episode.

2x16 I thought he looked hotter than usual. I love the clean shaven face, the hair cut and the hair color here the most on him. And in 2x17 when he's in Lavon's kitchen and Zoe walks in and he's wearing that red shirt and they have that awkward exchange. On one hand I was annoyed, on the another, I was whewwwww, Damn he's hot.

It's like the writers knew they messed up and people were gonna be mad when the truth out about Wade, so they pulled Wilson aside and said okay, let's make you super hot freaking today and maybe it'll distract some people. JK

I know we're in this Quarantine stuff and that is the main reason he probably has it grown out. I don't think he looks bad at all, actually I still think he's damn fine, but for him, I prefer clean shaven.

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 05-07-2020 at 01:36 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread