Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2020, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Wow, I could easily believe those pics were of him playing Wade!

& it makes me so sad to hear how he was when the cheating thing happened, he was too respectful to ever say how angry/hurt he really was about it, but I can imagine
It's extremely distracting to see him like that in the movie trailer.

Skip to 1:21 of this video. Him wearing that plaid and talking like that. Hi Wade.

You can also hear him talk and look like Wade in the trailer for the movie.

He's super adorable in the BTS.

You'll never be able tp put this man in plaid and expect me NOT to see Wade Kinsella. It'll never happen.

I'm making some gifs of him in Wade's clothes. lol In the meantime, I made gifs of the BTS and he was super adorable here.

That laugh in the first one and that smile in the second one. He owns my heart. UGH!

"i can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." ~ Zoe to Wade 4x10 (hart of dixie)
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

I watched the trailer for inside the box and it is so weird because when he says "What's going on here" it is basically Wade all the way. Since he did the movie during the time that he was filming HOD I am sure that it was such an easy role for him to slip into since it's what he did all the time.

ღ Nathan&Haley ღ Wade&Zoe ღ Oliver&Felicity ღ Vincent&Cat ღ Steve&Catherine ღ Liv&Major ღ Ezra&Aria ღ
Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
RissB_23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

Yep in the first video I posted, the BTS @ 1:21 he sounds exactly like Wade. When he says "I'm trying to be polite here." I mean, that's Wade talking. It is probably because he was filming HOD, so he just stayed with the accent for this film, because his accent is the same.
"i can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." ~ Zoe to Wade 4x10 (hart of dixie)
Old 05-23-2020, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
Yep in the first video I posted, the BTS @ 1:21 he sounds exactly like Wade. When he says "I'm trying to be polite here." I mean, that's Wade talking. It is probably because he was filming HOD, so he just stayed with the accent for this film, because his accent is the same.
Yeah, he probably only has one type of southern accent so it is standard for every role that requires a southern accent. HOD was the first role he had that required a southern accent because he said he did research in Alabama so I am sure it is pretty standard for anything that requires the accent. But what he didn't expect is for the southern accent to become part of his normal accent 4 years later. Which obviously we see from him playing Mark on All Rise.

It definitely must have been weird for him though in inside the box because the role was VERY CLOSE to what Wade was with the accent and the clothing.

ღ Nathan&Haley ღ Wade&Zoe ღ Oliver&Felicity ღ Vincent&Cat ღ Steve&Catherine ღ Liv&Major ღ Ezra&Aria ღ
Old 05-23-2020, 02:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
Yeah, he probably only has one type of southern accent so it is standard for every role that requires a southern accent. HOD was the first role he had that required a southern accent because he said he did research in Alabama so I am sure it is pretty standard for anything that requires the accent. But what he didn't expect is for the southern accent to become part of his normal accent 4 years later. Which obviously we see from him playing Mark on All Rise.

It definitely must have been weird for him though in inside the box because the role was VERY CLOSE to what Wade was with the accent and the clothing.
If I remember correctly it was shot more than 3 years before it came out so before Dixie...
Tricota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricota (View Post)
If I remember correctly it was shot more than 3 years before it came out so before Dixie...
The Director said Inside The Box was the second film he worked with Wilson on. Their first film was made in 2011, called Stealing Summers, when Hart Of Dixie was already out. It was released in 2012. So Inside the box was probably filmed right after, very early on into the first Season of Hart Of Dixie.

Yes, Wilson said for his Hart Of Dixie accent he traveled to Alabama (and I'm disappointed he didn't let me know) so he could get a feel for the accent and just explore things and get a feel for the south.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
The Director said Inside The Box was the second film he worked with Wilson on. Their first film was made in 2011, called Stealing Summers, when Hart Of Dixie was already out. It was released in 2012. So Inside the box was probably filmed right after, very early on into the first Season of Hart Of Dixie.

Yes, Wilson said for his Hart Of Dixie accent he traveled to Alabama (and I'm disappointed he didn't let me know) so he could get a feel for the accent and just explore things and get a feel for the south.
yeah that is what I thought.

I think it is kind of cool that he did go to Alabama to explore things before he started HOD. No wonder his southern accent is soooo believable. It really wasn't until I had finally watched an interview of him when Hart of dixie was in it's final season when I found out that it wasn't his native accent. I was soooo shocked! It messed me up big time

Old 05-23-2020, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I'm from Alabama and he fooled me. I really thought he talked like that. He sounded like a normal southerner to me, cause that's what I'm use too. Although some guys around here have more of a thick twang, esp if they are from the country. His was still 100% believable. I bought it for sure. I never would have guessed he wasn't from the south.

It's funny, cause I didn't really ever think about my accent at all, til I played games online a few years ago and got on the mic. I had a group of friends who were mostly from the north, west coast and Canada. I was the only one from the south and everyone was talking about how I had a big southern drawl. I can't tell you how man times someone would ask where I was from. They knew the south, they just didn't know what part, cause apparently my accent is thick. They would say I sound like a southern belle. I mean, southerners all sound normal to me. I guess cause I've never been out of the south, Its never been brought to my attention. What was funny was talking to my friend the other day (she moved up north) and she had me on speaker phone and everyone at her house was kinda tripping cause of how I sound. The guy there actually asked me to say words for him. It was kinda cracking me up a little. I was thinking, okay calm down, it's just an accent, but then I realized how bad I spaz out of Wilson's Wade accent and I kinda ate my own words., because I do the same exact thing over him.

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 05-23-2020 at 08:36 PM
Old 05-23-2020, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It's always interesting to me to hear how different someone's accent and their real voice can be.

Also, your icons are distracting me Riss and Karen
Old 05-24-2020, 12:14 AM
Master Fan

Hah. his booty is pretty mesmerizing. He was working when he was washing that car.

Made some Matt Wade Kinsella gifs from Inside The Box.

And when he swallows like this.

No matter what character he's playing. I can't unsee Wade. He has done it so much as Wade, that when Mark does it on All Rise or even Dex on Daredevil does it, I just see Wade doing it.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
It's always interesting to me to hear how different someone's accent and their real voice can be.

Also, your icons are distracting me Riss and Karen
I think it is pretty talented if they are able to use an accent not their normal accent and make it believable and Wilson definitely does that with his southern accent. It's pretty awesome!!
hahaha yeah, I find my icon to be distracting too. I find myself looking at it all the time.

omg yes Karen. That last Matt gif just looks way too much like Wade. With the plaid and everything. I have a hard time not seeing Wilson as Wade even as Mark because there are way too many mannerisms that are the same. And when you add the fact that the words from using the southern stayed with him, I think it will always be too difficult for me to not see Wade in any of the other roles he has.

Old 05-24-2020, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wilson did do amazing with the accent, I've seen lots of people who thought that was his real accent & never seen anyone criticize it!
Old 05-24-2020, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Wilson did do amazing with the accent, I've seen lots of people who thought that was his real accent & never seen anyone criticize it!
yeah. It he did do an amazing job! Not everyone can pull off doing an accent that isn't their own normal accent. But he was able to.

And I think it is so funny that some of the southern accent somehow managed to stay with him after HOD was done.

Old 05-24-2020, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm terrible at accents, so I'd never go for a role where I had to do one if I were an actress

& I agree that he still sometimes goes into that southern accent a little bit
Old 05-24-2020, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm terrible at accents, so I'd never go for a role where I had to do one if I were an actress

& I agree that he still sometimes goes into that southern accent a little bit
I'm terrible at it too. So I think it is great that people can use them so easily.

Yeah, it is funny hearing him sometimes slip into the southern accent with certain words that became just the way he says them now. It is almost how when someone lives somewhere for awhile. Using the southern accent for 4 years it was bound to happen. I've heard it multiple times on All Rise when he says "Come on" especially. Wade said "come on" so much on HOD.

Reply   Post New Thread