Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Loved Earl and that look between ZW while he was saying they made a huge msitake letting each other go. I miss them so much

Glad that Zoe's mom is sticking around, hopefully she brings some really needed problems between ZJ.

I liked the Zoe/Lavon scene and I think her speech was foreshadowing for most of the relationships on the show right now: ZJ and WV.
Quote:
The biggest mistake of your life would be proposing or marrying someone you're not 110% sure is the one. Lavon, I know you hated hurting AnnaBeth. But eventually, all that lying, it would've blown up in your face.
Agree, agree. If that speech wasn't foreshadowing there are going to be some REALLY unhappy fans. Earl's speech and the WZ look were perfect and Lavon's reaction to what Zoe said, though some have criticized it as shallow, was exactly how Zoe reacts when she is hit with something that threatens to push her out of her emotional (unemotional) comfort zone and make her face her vulnerability.

She wants so badly to be invulnerable and not let anyone rock her world. Wade did that and she is terrified of letting it happen again, hence safe, boring, obedient Joel - about as far from Wade's personality as you can get. Anyone remember the song that was playing in the background of 1x01 when she was riding the bus into Bluebell? I think it was Sugarland,"Little miss checkered dress, little miss one big mess, little miss I'll be fine don't you worry about me anymore"?

On the other hand, it's interesting that Wade bounced back and got involved with someone pretty similar to Zoe without all the craziness and insecurities. I think Zoe is going to have to show Wade she can be more like Vivian in terms of maturity and emotional availability before he is willing to take that plunge again. Ditto for AB and Lavon.
EmmaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Did anyone notice that Candace was wearing the same black jacket she wore while she and Zoe were walking around Bluebell in last season's Christmas episode? The wardrobe dept. is good at economizing. I hope Candace stays around long enough to start a relationship with Brick.
Hon-ay 1x11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
I think Zoe is going to have to show Wade she can be more like Vivian in terms of maturity and emotional availability before he is willing to take that plunge again.
I will be honestly, I don't want Zoe to e more like Vivian...just like I don't want Wade to be more like Joel.

But I want them to be able to communicate and be adults about situations and fully let the other one in.

Part of what makes us love them is that they are unique and each very different. I don't want either to really change who they are just to be with someone.

There will be a reason why Wade and Vivian don't work, therefore Zoe being like Vivian would also be a reason for Wade/Zoe to not last either.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hon-ay 1x11 (View Post)
Did anyone notice that Candace was wearing the same black jacket she wore while she and Zoe were walking around Bluebell in last season's Christmas episode? The wardrobe dept. is good at economizing. I hope Candace stays around long enough to start a relationship with Brick.
She also wore it back in the first season as well.
Reply   Post New Thread