Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-18-2011, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

yep.. a bit.. my granparents have a garden and I went to visit them..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 08-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
what are you doing April?
Office jobs aren't that great.. I'm sitting here inside and outside it's a beautiful summer day
Right now I work at a convenience store, mostly in the deli. I've heard office jobs aren't all what most people think. But I think the Mon-Fri day time hours appeals to me.

April
Old 08-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
Office jobs aren't that great..
I love doing office jobs. I'm actually looking for one as we speak. Unfortunately, I only had little luck so far. It's a high demand here. People look for clerical work experience, which I barely have any. Even entry-level office jobs can be a bit competitive too. It beats working at a restaurant or retail, which I've done for a while now. An office job isn't for everyone. I guess because it can be a bit boring sometimes.
"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results." -Anon
Old 08-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbrice (View Post)
I love doing office jobs. I'm actually looking for one as we speak. Unfortunately, I only had little luck so far. It's a high demand here. People look for clerical work experience, which I barely have any. Even entry-level office jobs can be a bit competitive too. It beats working at a restaurant or retail, which I've done for a while now. An office job isn't for everyone. I guess because it can be a bit boring sometimes.
Same here. They all want experience. And they are hard to come by.

April
Old 08-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Vruck (View Post)
Same here. They all want experience. And they are hard to come by.
Yup. They want you to have a degree. I agree. The Mon-Fri daytime hours appeals to me too.

Quote:
Right now I work at a convenience store, mostly in the deli.
It must be fun to work in the deli.
"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results." -Anon
Old 08-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hmm.. I'd love a job where it's part office part outside.. but I guess I studyied the wrong thing for such a thing.. although a judge at least leaves his office for the courtroom..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 08-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It must be fun to work in the deli.
Much better than at the register. I swear everyone is so rude now a days and they all have seem to forget their manners.

April
Old 08-20-2011, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I want an office job too and I have no experience. It is really hard to get a job. You need a job to get experience and if they dont give you a job, how can you get the experience????
Old 08-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Much better than at the register. I swear everyone is so rude now a days and they all have seem to forget their manners.
I know what you mean. It sucks being on the register. You have to be fast. Otherwise, they get cranky. Not everyone can be fast. I happened to be one of them. I start to panic when the line gets longer. My cash draw is either low or high. I stay away from cashier jobs now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ღThetis (View Post)
I want an office job too and I have no experience. It is really hard to get a job. You need a job to get experience and if they dont give you a job, how can you get the experience????
Exactly!
Old 08-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ღThetis (View Post)
a never ending problem

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 08-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I get annoyed that people I know end up with office jobs or good jobs because they know someone.

A few years ago my bff mom tried to get me a job at the hospital as a registration clerk but I didn't get it because I didn't have any experience with dealing/reading insurance.

April
Old 08-21-2011, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, but that's always the way. Heck, I wish I knew someone who could give me a job. But, I'd rather get one on my own terms anyway.

I was gonna get a job at a hospital doing something with computers courtesy of my dad's girlfriend, but I dont think they ended up hiring...
Old 08-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hmm.. it's sad and annoying, but sometimes I think most of the people get their jobs this way..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 08-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True.

Counting down the days till Thur. I can't wait to go to the beach.

April
Old 08-22-2011, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aw lucky girl.. Do you have a beach in vicinity??

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©