Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Serenity:The future is STILL Worth Fighting for

So for all you Firefly fans this is a Post Serenity RP that will take place about a month after the film, for everyone who hasn't seen the show/movie, here's a bit of back story.
From Wikipedia

Backstory
The series takes place in the year 2517, on several planets and moons. The characters occasionally refer to "Earth-that-was", and the film establishes that, long before the events in the series, a large population had emigrated from Earth to a new star system in generation ships: "Earth-that-was could no longer sustain our numbers, we were so many." The emigrants established themselves in this new star system, with "dozens of planets and hundreds of moons." Many of these were terraformed, a process in which a planet or moon is altered to resemble Earth. The terraforming process was only the first step in making a planet habitable, however, and the outlying settlements often did not receive any further support in the construction of their civilizations. This resulted in many of the border planets and moons having forbidding, dry environments.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Plot
A month after the events of the film, the crew of Serenity is almost back to normal. Almost, but not quite. The Alliance is off their back for now, but no one has any idea how long that will last. The entire crew grieved the loss of Wash, but no one more then his wife Zoe, who has recently discovered she is pregnant. River is more or less sane, but her past still haunts her. Kaylee and Simon are in a relationship but not everything is Shiny 100% of the time, Mal is still suspicious of the Alliance and doubts things will stay this good for long. Inara is still fighting her attraction to Mal and vice versa. And Jayne....well he's just Jayne.

The Game-
The only rule I have is if you are going to make a MYOC Please please please try to take one of the crew members first. That's it, no B/G rule , try to post as often as possible and OH YEA....HAVE FUN!

Characters-

PYOC'S

Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds is the owner of Serenity and former Independent sergeant in the pivotal Battle of Serenity Valley. Very little is known about the enigmatic Captain; the little he reveals about his past life betrays nothing of his character (a mystery of its own). Malcolm reveals that he grew up on a ranch, and was raised by his mother and the ranch hands. The only other scenes of his past life that are shown are about the Unification War, in which he and Zoe fought for the Independent Army, the "Browncoats", as a platoon sergeant in the 57th Overlanders. He is an efficient leader and is skilled with guns as well as in hand-to-hand combat. Mal's character is full of contradictions. He is constantly fighting his demons, and his true self remains something of a mystery.
TB Endless Rain

Zoe Alleyne Washburne is second-in-command onboard Serenity, a loyal wartime friend of Captain Reynolds, and the wife of Wash. Described by her husband as a "warrior woman", she has great knowledge of combat. Her past is a mystery; the only thing known is that she was born and raised on a ship and served under Mal during the war as a corporal. She demonstrates an almost unconditional loyalty to Mal, the only exception noted being her marriage to Wash, which the captain claims to have tried to prevent.
TB cryurname

Inara Serra is a Companion, which is the 26th century equivalent of a courtesan or oiran. Like her Renaissance counterparts, Inara enjoys high social standing. Her presence confers a degree of legitimacy and social acceptance the crew of Serenity would not have without her on board. She and Mal have a strained relationship, with unspoken romantic tension playing a significant part in several episodes, as well as in the movie. Inara arguably represents Mal's heart, and Mal is a noticeably darker character when Inara is absent She rents one of the ship's two small shuttles.
TBMrsEdwardCullen

Jayne Cobb is hired muscle. He and Mal met on opposite sides of a rivalry; Mal, while held at gunpoint, offered Jayne his own bunk and a higher cut than his current employer, so he turned coat and shot his then-partners. In one episode, he admits freely to Mal that he would have sold Mal out to an Alliance agent if the money was good enough. He is someone who can be depended on in a fight. He tends to act like a "lummox" who thinks he is the smartest person in space, but occasional hints of intelligence peek through this façade, giving the impression that he acts dumber than he is. Jayne is the man who will ask the questions that no one else wants to. Even though he is a macho character, he has shown a particularly intense fear of Reavers, more so than the rest of the crew. Despite his amoral mercenary persona, he sends a significant portion of his income to his mother.
TB Jezebel In Hell

Kaywinnit Lee "Kaylee" Frye is the ship's mechanic. In the episode "Out of Gas", it is established that she has no formal training, but keeps Serenity running with an intuitive gift for the workings of mechanical equipment. Jewel Staite explains Kaylee's character as being wholesome, sweet, and "completely genuine in that sweetness", adding "She loves being on that ship. She loves all of those people. And she's the only one who loves all of them incredibly genuinely."She has a crush on Dr. Simon Tam. Kaylee is the soul of the ship: according to creator Joss Whedon, if Kaylee believes something, it is true.
TB Jezebel In Hell

Dr. Simon Tam is a medical researcher and trauma surgeon of the first caliber (top 3% in his class at a top core-planet institution), who is on the run after breaking his sister River out of a government research facility. His bumbling attempts at a relationship with Kaylee are a recurring subplot throughout the series, and at every turn he seems to find a way to unwittingly foil his own romantic desires. His life is defined by caring for his sister.
TB Angelus'sslave

River Tam was smuggled onto the ship by her brother. River was a child prodigy of unparalleled genius, but she was experimented upon at the hands of Alliance doctors, leaving her delusional, erratic, and at times violent. Her personal journey of self-discovery is a running theme throughout the series and the movie. River is constantly at war with her own demons. She sees and hears things that others do not, and experiences waking dreams of her memories of the Alliance "academy" experiments. Opinions of her vary among the crew: some value her, Jayne fears her, and the rest just want her to stay out of trouble. She is also psychic.
TB- Angelus'sslave

MYOC's
1. MrsEdwardCullen

TBJezebel In Hell

Charlie DiMario was one of the older children involved in the Alliance experiments on gifted children. He went in with a bubbly and magnetic personality and came out more than a bit eccentric. He’s a lot like River in many ways. She’s in his memory and he’s excited to see his friend again, glad to see that she’s alive.

Last edited by Angelus'sslave; 08-27-2009 at 04:52 AM Reason: adding people
Old 08-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Total Fan

Could I take Kaylee and Jayne?
Old 08-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes, you most certainly can, thanks for joining!! Kaylee is so precious! And Jayne...he makes me giggle!
Old 08-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Total Fan

Jayne ain't a girl!
Old 08-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezebel In Hell (View Post)
Jayne ain't a girl!
That's what he says...lol. Naw...I love my Jayne, I have a friend who reminds me of him! See, this RP is what happens when I get bored and rewatch Firefly eps....
Old 08-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Loyal Fan

I would love to take Zoe
Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Awesome! Thanks for joining!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

Inara and a male myo
Old 08-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Great! Thanks for singing up!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Loyal Fan

If someone will take Mal I'll take Simon
Old 08-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

I'll take Mal lol. Always gettin' in on the last one.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Loyal Fan

So cool, I am so happy all the main cast is taken
Old 08-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Total Fan

Eeee! Excitement! If you need any particular sort of original character, I could make one.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezebel In Hell (View Post)
Eeee! Excitement! If you need any particular sort of original character, I could make one.
Oh anything is good, the crew always needs people to do crime with, alliance people to tick off, people to help, that sort of thing.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Total Fan

Charlie DiMario was one of the older children involved in the Alliance experiments on gifted children. He went in with a bubbly and magnetic personality and came out more than a bit eccentric. He’s a lot like River in many ways. She’s in his memory and he’s excited to see his friend again, glad to see that she’s alive.

I hope this idea is alright. If not, I'll scrap the character.