Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-26-2016, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

Deadpan is what Daenerys Targaryen is referred to on some of the fan blogs I read because of Emilia Clarke's stellar acting.

I haven't played that game (Marvel Alliance) in forever but I used to love it and would always beg people to play it with me.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

Did you guys see both the two part trailers for Daredevil and the new trailer for Penny Dreadful which apparently comes back on in May?

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 02-27-2016, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

I saw the one for Penny Dreadful (soooo excited). Haven't seen the ones for Daredevil. Off to watch now ...

Old 02-27-2016, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

Letty, I still can't bring myself to watch the last few episodes of season 2 of PD.
Mistress of the Marvel Universe
and Roleplaying Board's fairest and kindliest Mod ever!
Old 02-27-2016, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

Just watched the Daredevil season 2 trailers ... wheeeeeeeeeeeeee ....

GIVE ME ELEKTRA. GIVE HER TO ME.

They were good, Em. Not as good as season 1, but good. If you can just get over the fact that Viktor is so downplayed you might enjoy them. Lily's transformation is pretty cool too until she gets to Dorian.

What about the last couple of episodes of The Tudors? Are we ever going to finish that? And are we ever going to play more Borderlands 2?
Old 02-27-2016, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

I still haven't finished S1 of DD. I haven't started Jessica Jones,either.

PD was too much for me-The pilot was so gross when they showed that pattern on the dead body. It gave me a gross mental image. I can handle someone ripping their eyeball out,but stuff that gives me mental images is a no-no. I never did figure out what the show was about,anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by degausser (View Post)
Deadpan is what Daenerys Targaryen is referred to on some of the fan blogs I read because of Emilia Clarke's stellar acting.

I haven't played that game (Marvel Alliance) in forever but I used to love it and would always beg people to play it with me.

I'm so out of the loop with GoT. I kept my HBO membership so my bro would have HBO Go,but they have it at his place. I think the last thing I saw was the S6 trailer. Doesn't look even remotely interesting and Jon Snow is dead.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

Jon Snow spoiler.
Spoiler:

I liked PD but it's obviously not for everyone. I would say Penny D is ultimately about everyone's struggle with their dark side. There are of course monsters in the show, but the true conflict is an inner conflict each character faces, each with their own demons that plague them. Some of the demons being literal and some taking the form of something else (i.e. opiates).
Old 02-28-2016, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

Ah, ok.

Spoiler:

The idea sounds interesting,but oh well. I wanted to see Lady Gaga as the villain on AHS,but the graphic rape scene in the first episode was traumatizing. People bitch and moan about Sansa's rape,but they didn't even show it. If they want to yell and scream,they need do scream about AHS. She was probably great,but I'm not watching a series that nasty. It's not like Freak Show was super gory or anything.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

I don't disagree with anything you said in your spoiler tag.

And I can't promise this season will be better because the ripple effect of some of the "creative" choices the show has made is so wide now that I don't think there's any fixing it.

Lady Gaga was very good in AHS: Hotel but I can see why that rape scene might be triggering. Rape has become a too frequently used plot devise in television lately.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

MY GIRL WON FOR BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS!

Old 02-29-2016, 05:09 AM
Elite Fan

I saw that Letty.

Yuck I am so tired but I have to stay up and try and get something straightened out with my class website for school (its not acting right) so I can have the last part of my assignment turned in by midnight. I went to bed yesterday at 7 am and woke up at 1:30 pm and haven't been back to bed yet. I just wanna go to bed! Blah.

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Old 02-29-2016, 05:09 AM
Elite Fan

I saw that Letty.

Yuck I am so tired but I have to stay up and try and get something straightened out with my class website for school (its not acting right) so I can have the last part of my assignment turned in by midnight. I went to bed yesterday at 7 am and woke up at 1:30 pm and haven't been back to bed yet. I just wanna go to bed! Blah.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by degausser (View Post)
MY GIRL WON FOR BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS!

Where did you see Alexia(I have no idea what her name is),aside from The Danish girl?

It's weird-I could handle Outlander,I could handle it on Witches of East End and a lot of other shows,but on AHS,it traumatized me. I mean,objects? Dildos that dangerous?

Chronicles of Shannara only had attempted rape,but it still freaked me out. I think James Reymar is just that good of a actor,though.

I think I may get Showtime through Hulu. Unlike HBO,it has a show I can watch. I forgot what's on aside from Masters of Sex,but I had planned to watch it. HBO has John Oliver,but he's also on YouTube. I have Amazon Prime,so I can get my Adam Driver fix on the previous seasons.

I wasn't going to watch the Oscars,but it was on when I was doing the dishes. They really,really tried to clean up that #oscarssowhite mess. I was so happy that Leonardo DiCaprio finally won his Oscar. I think that the complaining about Revenant is stupid-His son is native and the Native cast was there.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

It's Alicia Vikander. The first name's not so hard to remember.

I originally saw her in A Royal Affair and since then I've seen her in Testament of Youth (so good), The Man From UNCLE (so, so good) and Ex Machina (da best). Oh and I saw her in Seventh Son too which ... sucked. It sucked bad.

The reason it probably does not bother me on AHS is that ... the violence is so deliberately sensationalized on there that it does feel real to me.

And I did not watch the Oscars because I don't have live television and I don't watch award shows in general, but I was paying attention to the live reactions online. Generally I could care less who wins but I was happy for Leo who seems like such a class act and even though he's been waiting for however many years to finally be validated by a bunch of old wrinkly white men, he still managed to make his whole speech about something greater than himself.

I saw Revnant earlier in the day yesterday too and it was a good film. Absolutely stunning to behold - the Cinemetography win was very much earned. But that's the film major geek in me speaking.

Last edited by degausser; 02-29-2016 at 05:50 PM
Old 02-29-2016, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

Letty, there was a beautiful moment between our men at the Oscars. You missed out!

http://christopher-dorito-evans.tumb...d-henry-cavill
Mistress of the Marvel Universe
and Roleplaying Board's fairest and kindliest Mod ever!