Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-25-2015, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

SHIRLEY
She smiled, nodding happily and clapping her hands on his shoulders. "I think we're going to have fun," she told him. "And if you ever feel lost or unsure, just give me a look, I'll pull you out," she went on. "I don't think you'll need it... hopefully... But no matter what, you've got an ally," she finished with a nod before moving back to start on the plates. "Everyone grab a seat, please?" she called out to the dining group.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Deacon
Deacon nodded.
"Alright."
He told her and looked at the bowls and dishes of food that Shirley had out.
"Do you want to put them on the table or serve them and bring them back to the kitchen? What do you usually do?"
He asked her.

Genesis
She took the far head of the table and sat down. She looked around a little self-consciously and glanced over at Shirley and Deacon. She wondered to herself if she had already ruined the friendship just by the almost-kiss. She sighed softly to herself. She just didn't know what to do as far as this situation went. Was it even worth it to talk to or should she just see what Shirley did?

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 05-27-2015, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

RHYS
With the call to take a seat, he’d shuffled over to the table, and upon seeing Liz at his side, the reflex had come immediately, pulling her chair for her and stepping back so she could sit. He caught her eye, realizing what he’d done and wondering if he was getting ahead of himself.

SHIRLEY
“What?” she looked to the counter, then back to him with a chuckle. “Oh, no, hey, don’t worry about it, I have the service bit taken care of, I just wanted an excuse to talk to you for a second. I think you’ll figure out soon enough I have some ‘mom tendencies’ with everyone, and you’ve just become part of the family, so…” she ushered him out from around the counter. “Take a seat, plates are on their way.”

With Deacon out of the kitchen, she was on her own for a moment again, and she took the chance to open the fridge door and let the coolness wash over her face. Between the rushing, cooking, dancing, and almost kissing, she was on fire. She would have given anything to be able to turn time forward, just this once, to be past the dinner, to a point where she might be able to see the others off and have a moment alone with Genesis where they could get that chance to talk. All she’d been able to think about was that split second moment, over and over, to the point where she was wondering if she’d had this same conversation with herself already. Letting out a breath she closed the door, having grabbed the water pitcher to bring to the table.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:16 PM
Passionate Fan

B]skye[/B]
She shook her head.
"Don't sell yourself so short. I bet you were brilliant and still are"
She smiled back
" thanks, pretty sure you are too"
She frowned
" don't do that. Please stay"
She didn't want him to go, she wanted him to feel comfortable. They all did. She knew Shirley did because the lady did her usual bringing the person aside thing if they were upset and such. Before she knew it the call for dinner being ready and to be seated was called.
"Smells good, I'm starved"
Hello airplane food kind of sucks. Besides she wasn't on a lunch flight or anything.
" Once You go Winchester , You never go back " ~ Miss Mandy he he
No, You Hoser. I don't live in an igloo .
Old 05-27-2015, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Deacon
He went and sat at the nearest seat that wasn't the head of the table and got comfortable. He liked Shirley, she seemed genuine, 'Mom tenancies' and all. He watched her as she got out the water pitcher and he glanced around the table, across from him was the young woman named Skye who seemed fairly nice. He felt like he was meant to say something to fill the silence but didn't know what, but still - he decided to try.
"Me too."
He said in response to her comment about being starved.

Genesis
She watched Shirley, whose back was to her, from the far end of the table. She didn't know what to do exactly in this situation. She hoped it would come naturally when they talked. But wasn't so sure. She fidgeted with her hands a bit and then touched each of her silverware. Jez, she was starting to look as nervous as the new guy. She didn't want to draw attention to herself. She put her hands below the table in a hurry.

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]