Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-08-2015, 01:25 AM
Master Fan

Blood & Magic: Rebirth | A MYOC Roleplaying Game

Fifteen Years Ago…
Fifteen years ago what was thought of as a biological weapon began appearing all around the world. It was
a sudden shortness of breath, followed by neurological distress and later death. No one but magical/otherworldly
beings survived this epidemic which none, not even those who survived could figure out. Different parts of the
world sectioned themselves off to different types of otherworldly species; Japan became the largest habitat for
lycans in the known world whilst much of Europe was the playground of the fey. The Americas (both north and
south) were still scattered with many of each kind still clinging on. New York was renamed Liberty City and the
blood is on the ground for real. Many wars ran concurrently; treaties were drawn, homes became unsafe, while
the war for control took over the entire city.

Seven Years Ago…
What treaties were solid caused for a tentative peace to fall across the land. The fey and the vampires held a
truce but openly mocked and hunted down members of the mage community. The lycan community hid from
the vampires, largely disregarding existence of the mages and fey. Skirmishes found the number of both lycans
and mages greatly diminished by the combined might of the fey and vampires. This was until the vampires
themselves turned on their former allies, systematically eradicating as many fey as possible, draining their
essence and assimilating their power. Lycans, mages and fey poured out of the city in droves, taking to the
sea to move as far as possible away from the vampires bloodlust as possible.

Now…
A group of rag tag survivors have settled near and underneath the Canals de Calis, hiding from what has become
a cleansing of all non-vampires. Stories of vampire assassins laying waste to Tokyo and Paris being leveled have
reached the ears of these mixed survivors, cleaving to thoughts of another power shift, fearful of betrayal from
within their ranks and struggling to survive the reach of those who would obliterate them from the earth.

Name:
Species:
TB:
PB:
Mistress of the Marvel Universe
and Roleplaying Board's fairest and kindliest Mod ever!
Old 03-08-2015, 01:26 AM
Master Fan

About The Races:

About Vampires –The world of the vampires is in a hierarchy, a rank of nobility. Going in this order: Emperor/Empress, King/Queen, Grand Duke/Grand Duchess, Prince/Princess, Marquis/Marquise, Count/Countess, Baron/Baroness, all the rest are part of the ‘common court’. The Emperor and Empress are in charge of the whole coven. Vampire life can also be influenced by courting rituals (i.e a Count vampire is the lover to a member of the common court, member of the common court gains status by being attached to Count over say, a Baroness). Vampires can challenge for the position of their superiors in a battle of blood where the vampire that is challenged and the challenger will see which can survive the longest without feeding (or to the death) or a battle of wits the likes of which is determined by one or both of the mated pair in charge. Only one challenge can go on at any time. Similarly a higher member of the vampire nobility can challenge someone less than they are if they feel a challenge is imminent or if they feel they’ve been besmirched.

All vampires feed on the blood of the living, no exceptions, no other animal can suffice. The living can be fed on and survive provided the vampire doesn’t take too much of their blood. The biting of a living being will not render that being undead. There are no side effects initially when a vampire bites you (other than blood loss) however being habitually bitten by a vampire addicts the subject to the one who’s doing t he biting in a manner much like a drug addiction. Vampires are incapacitated during the day, as in not awake, dead, unable to move. The older the vampire the earlier they can wake in the evening. Lower level vampires (anyone below the rank of prince or princess) are not allowed to make another vampire without the permission the emperor or empress; if they go outside of this they face exile or worse.

Vampires are extremely agile and can jump from great heights without worry, they cannot however fly. They are extremely strong and can lift, throw, and hold more than three times their body weight. Vampires can die or be injured by any kind of fire, are susceptible to harm from holy objects and usually expire in about two days without blood. Vampires carry the look at which they were turned for eternity and they cannot breed in the traditional sense, not even with a living being.

Vampires are currently at war with everybody. Because they cray.

About Lycans – Lycans are born, not made, no one knows for sure how exactly or where exactly Lycans came into being. The rule of the Lycan community is strictly ageist, meaning the eldest leads no matter how good a fighter she/he is or isn’t. Lycans age but at an odd rate, but they do age: a hundred year old Lycan would most likely resemble someone in their 30’s. The oldest living Lycan known aged to 760 years of age, no one knows why none have aged longer. Lycans are encouraged mate with other lycans to preserve the line and it isn’t uncommon for parents to betroth their young children. A lycan who mates with a human may or may not give birth to a lycan and since the powers of lycanthropy don’t manifest until after puberty it can leave progeny confused.

Lycans can operate in full human guise, in full wolf guise or in half guise but only the eldest of the lycans can work the later. In all of these forms lycans can be injured/die by silver (even when mixed with other metals it can still kill them). Lycans are extremely strong, stronger than vampires by half but they are quite slow by comparison.

Lycans are at war with the Vampires.

About Mages – Mages are the only humans that survived the vetting, and it was only their powers which saved them. Mages are evolved humans who carry the power to wield one of the five elements (earth, wind, water -includes ice, a specialty of water magic-, fire, metal) or pure energy and bend it to their will. The lesser mages have to have something to start with to do magic (like dirt in hand) but the more practiced mages can produce it from nothing. Fire mages are very rare, having mostly been destroyed by the vampires who they posed threat to. Mages appear human and age at the normal rate. In order to survive most mages live in small groups with other like mages (i.e. water mages gather together) in order to produce great amounts of a certain kind of magic to deter attacks.

There really is no leader of the mages since they don’t live in close quarters but since the near extermination of the fire mages most have a fear/hatred of vampires. Some opportunistic mages are known to hire themselves out as bounty hunters to the Lycans for a price to hunt vampires. Mages are also involved in an unofficial war with the Fey who feel that magic should be limited and take most every opportunity to kill them. Since mages are human they are subject to death in any way a human could be killed.

Mages are (unofficially) at war with the Vampires.

About Fey – The fey have a very developed sense of honor and when they give their word it is practically unbreakable. The fey are also all…a little crazy. Fey are unable to breed with anyone but other fey and since the world of faeries is very small most have interbred at one time or another. Fey have a reserve of magical power and once tapped, like a battery they must recharge through sleep. Although they have control over all four elements this can make besting a power mage in battle difficult. Fey are not born, they are made. All fey were once human beings, stolen at childhood and replaced with changeling children. The children are always taken for a reason be it beauty or some certain talent that is though will amuse other faerie. Fey are deathly allergic to iron and it can cause death for them; it also, even in the smallest amount can cause their magic to go haywire. The age of the fay is variable since they inherently know how they would look in any part of their lives should they have ages in a way akin to normal humans. They can adopt any of these guises but it is a choice once made cannot be undone. In the purest sense of the word fey are not able to achieve goodness unless it benefits them in some way.

The Fey have mostly been annihilated by the efforts of the vampires, and are therefore at war with every other species. But especially vampires.

Character Reservations:

Vaughn Hennings
Crina Hennings
Daniel Kelly
Casimiro Sortani
Louis Aglionby
Jennifer Wells

Miscellaneous Fey (Scarlett Johansson)

Last edited by winter soldier; 03-08-2015 at 01:45 AM
Old 03-08-2015, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am so in! So f'in in!
Old 03-08-2015, 01:52 AM
Master Fan

Profiles from me to come tomorrow/later today.

BTW: it would've screwed up the nice flow of the main post to add this in, but under 'BIO' I strongly encourage the '3 fast facts' setup rather than paragraphs.

That's what I'll be doing, at least.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

If I join I will need connections set up with people. That was the reason I could not get into the last game.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

Totally understandable. This is kind of the game Mandy and I keep bringing back because we miss our characters but for everybody else it's not as easy to join up with different characters every time. I'd be willing to offer things, for sure. What makes this version easier is that it's literally about a small group of survivors who are stuck together. Interaction aplenty.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

I will see who you guys post and if you have any requests and go from there.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hellacious day at work, this is a place holder for my profiles which will be forthcoming tomorrow, my early day at the office. Thank effin' Christo.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:26 AM
Elite Fan

SONOFABITCH!!!!! Of all the things to bring back!

I'll get my profiles from the back pages but it's going under some revisement.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Name: Louis Aglionby
Species: Vampire
Bio:
• Began his human life as a member of the lower caste within central-northern Macedonia Vardar Basin under a different name. He was later moved by barbarian' federates and taken as a slave around the time these men settled on Macedonian soil. Louis traded heavily on his looks, which allowed him to survive the Sarmatians settlement by Constantine in the early 300’s and beyond. He also worshipped at the altar of the cult of Dionysus, as a young lad, the young Aglionby extremely impressionable and innocent despite his many bodily indiscretions.
• A social climber, Louis scaled the hierarchy within the common court to become a member of the ruling class just shy of his hundredth year. Occupying for area of Marquis for a lengthy amount of time, Louis married into a great share of power when he courted and wed Cassidy Atresas, the princess of another principality, despite the fact he never had and never wanted to share the bed of a woman. He then began to sow the seeds of doubts with lower caste and with Cassidy’s help eventually usurped the man who had turned him in a battle of blood. Louis later killed his wife after catching him in flagrante delicto with his only male progeny.
• Louis has since grown in power and madness. Immortality never seemed enough so he sought to conquer instead. He arranged for the deposition and murder of the previous Emperor of the court and kills any undead he feels may be a threat to his continued existence. Louis systematically arranged for the death of many fey by draining them dry of blood in order to obtain greater power. As a leader, Louis drove out most of the members of what had once been New York City before moving East to conquer territory that wasn’t his to begin with. Consumed with holding his power and creating a race of vampire more powerful than himself, Louis drove nearly everyone away including his lover Casimiro Sortani.
TB: Wayward Melody
PB: Lee Pace

Name: Crina Hennings (nee Uzrica)
Species: Lycan
Bio:
• Was sent to the now defunct Liberty City as a part of war treaty between the European faction of lycanthropes to wed alpha Vaughn Hennings. Much to her chagrin at the time, Crina eventually found that she and Vaughn were a strong match and eventually grew to love him very deeply. She’s born him one litter of pups, two boys and one girl.
• Crina was the best of her tribe’s warriors and she keeps her skills sharpened by shifting into her lupine form and hunting for game. Though part of the group, Crina never fully accepted life outside of the pack. Naturally distrustful of fey and downright derisive to what vampires live within their midst Crina would not intervene to save anyone outside of her race and teaches her pups/children similarly.
• Subsequent attempts at breeding have been fruitless for Crina and Vaughn for what seems like unknown reasons. In reality this has been carefully monitored by Crina herself, unsure if she wants to breed further in the current climate.
PB: Kate Beckinsale

Name: Daniel Kelly
Bio:
• Was the beta of the Henning’s pack. For awhile he did everything he was bade too, got engaged to a beautiful lycan Meginne Xian and was ready to settle down, have some pups and fall into line. Though basically a peaceful person Daniel was steadfastly loyal and served long and without question until he fell in with a group of mages.
• Having rescued a fire mage in her youth Daniel initially forgot about Aya Medea but when she reappeared alone and struggling to survive Daniel took it upon himself to act as a surrogate father, or brother. A standing flirtation Hannah Alldredge yielded to a great love, one that eventually separated Daniel from his pack, making him an outcast from his own people. Hannah and Daniel lived in wedded bliss, for a time. It wasn’t perfect but they were perfect together and Daniel allowed himself the luxury of feeling not only happy, but also hopeful. When the vampires attacked it caught Daniel unawares and when Hannah violently fell it was all Daniel could do to get himself out of the situation alive. In all honesty, Daniel couldn’t tell you how he escaped with the fringier denizens of Liberty City, or how he came to live in France.
• A bit of a derelict since his wife’s passing Daniel mainly subsists on fighting what few perimeter breachers he comes upon and the storage of fine wine cellars they’ve stumbled upon in their travels. Much to the dismay of his compatriots, Daniel mostly lost his heart when he lost Hannah and it will take a lot more than the company of the surviving rabble to convince him life is still worth living.
PB: Paul Blackthorne

Name: Jennifer Wells
Species: Mage/Earth Mage/Can Create Magic From Nothing
Bio:
• This mage never had it easy, as the only child who could perform magic within her family she was poked and prodded and believed to be possessed by some sort of demon by her evangelical mother. She eventually learned to develop her powers in secret, aided by a strange man who went by the name of Issash. At sixteen this strange man seduced her, got her pregnant and disappeared from her life.
• On her own after what her family described as “poor life choices” Jennifer responded with élan that would later become her characteristic, surviving at any cost. She got herself a job, pulled herself up by her boot straps and cared for her child. No one was more surprised than she when Issash returned and stole the baby from her. During her search she learned that her seducer was in fact a faerie and that her child became one of the fair folk. A palpable hate grew in Jennifer which just happened to coincide with the end of the world.
• Jennifer’s relationships never really did work out, romantic or otherwise. When she found love a second time that man left her for her obsessive ways. Friends didn’t seem to appreciate her singular brand of elitism towards mages or the distrust of nearly everyone around her, regardless of their magical status. Jennifer thrives on surviving and doesn’t mind compromising her morals to achieve an intended outcome.
PB: Alexandra Breckenridge
Old 03-15-2015, 12:34 AM
Master Fan

Name: Casimiro Sortani
Species: Vampire
Bio:
- Once lived a relatively simple life as a shameless social climber/bed warmer in the vampire court of Liberty City, eventually becoming romantically involved with the (then) King, Louis Aglionby. Originally intended as means to elevate himself—which he would, after participating in the murder of the (then) Emperor—in time Casimiro found himself genuinely enamored with the elder vampire, who enabled his sycophancy and gifted him a kingship.
- As a King and proud lover of the (new) Emperor, Casimiro found a modicum of peace despite increasing tensions and hostilities between the four races. This would, inevitably, come to a screeching halt. After losing Louis to some strange alternate dimension, Casimiro was unwillingly shoved up the ladder into the vacated spot of Emperor, where he’d become increasingly paranoid without someone more powerful and influential to keep him safe, constantly convinced it was only a matter of time before there’d be a knife or twenty in his back.
- Though he was overjoyed upon Louis’ return, and his own cessation of massive responsibility, his pleasure would rapidly die down as his lover’s new batshit crazy personality gradually came to light. Self-preservation being his number one concern, he did not voice his unease initially when Louis was just slaughtering fey left and right, but when he unleashed his bloodlust upon his own kind, Casimiro knew it would come sooner rather than later that the smallest slight turned Louis' wrath in his direction. 'Conveniently,' he found himself spirited away by a small faction of mixed races, intended to be used as leverage against Louis. Casimiro never once attempted to escape his captors.
TB: winter soldier
PB: Romulo Arantes

Name: Vaughn Hennings
Bio:
- Vaughn never expected to lead. He was a fighter, a warrior, a big dumb brute of an alpha that accepted the commands and direction of those older and wiser because he recognized his own shortcomings. Some of them. Namely, the emotional constipation and lack of patience for social niceties. But war time would cull the lycan herd unforgivingly, and Vaughn would find himself the de facto leader regardless of his talents, which he accepted with a grim understanding for necessity. He tried his hardest to keep his pack thriving, occasionally sacrificing likeability and respect but always, always doing what he believed to be essential for survivability. This would include ostracizing some—such as Daniel Kelly—for choosing personal needs and desires over what was best for the pack.
- Maneuvering behind his back brought Crina Uzrica into his life, a woman not of his pack and full of defiance for his stubborn grasp on tradition. The two of them would butt heads as nauseam before a mote of respect sparked between them, and then it was only a matter of time before passion gave way to a lifelong bond and a litter of pups. Vaughn treasures his family more than his own life, more than pack welfare and he blames himself and his hypocrisy for the ultimate downfall of the Liberty City lycan pack. His ultimate triumph and ultimate shame is that he, at least, (only) succeeded in saving the lives of his bondmate and their three children during the mass exodus that lead them to France.
- Vaughn has to resist the urge to play leader again to the new faction he’s found himself and his family a part of, which tragically includes such winners as a useless, maudlin Daniel Kelly, the insane vampire emperor’s rent boy, and an earth mage with at least one screw loose. He might be the only person fit enough to lead, however, and takes up the reins whenever the group falls to disarray.
PB: Henry Cavill

Name: Jacinta
Species: Fey
Bio:
- Child of a mage-fae union, Jacinta was pilfered as a babe in the dead of night for no other reason than that she was the kin of the Seelie King. Because she was a rather unspectacular infant, fat in all the right places, struggling to grow a single tuft of golden hair, laughing at her own reflection day after day like it was some remarkable novelty. She had no special characteristics, no singular talent that separated her from the herd—so had her father been another ordinary human, she might’ve been safe. She might’ve grown up into a similarly unremarkable human girl, and led a happy, ordinary life. Tragically it was not to be. Her mother she’d not had the consciousness yet to know, or recognize, so as she grew and aged and underwent the precarious transformation from human to fey, she knew only that she was fey, and Issash had made her, and that was the end of her story of origin.
- As a young fey knowing the protection of the Seelie King, Jacinta spent much of her years exploring careless frivolity. The alliance between fey and vampire gave her an additional modicum of safety, which she would exploit by tumbling into bed with a varied assortment of her fanged kin, prompting the beginning of a bite addition that she might’ve nursed to an early death had her father not stepped in with the threat of imposing—gasp—a boundary or two. This was of course around the time that the alliance between their world and the vampires would go to shit, and her opportunities to seek out a mate, seduce him/her with a very suggestive baring of her neck and thorough lifting of skirts, would become less and less obtainable.
- The death of her father during the thorough annihilation of her kind prompted… absolute inaction from Jacinta. She had no self-preservation instinct, as she’d never needed one, and spying her father as a blood-drained husk on the ground amongst many, many others induced just bemusement in Jacinta, who’d not considered a life beyond Issash’s rule. She only hid, tucked away in a secret place beneath Central Park and waited, waited until someone found her and told her what to do. And someone did come—someone claiming to be her mother.
PB: Scarlett Johansson

Last edited by winter soldier; 03-15-2015 at 02:45 AM
Old 03-15-2015, 04:08 AM
Elite Fan

Is it too late to get in on this?
-Pammie

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 03-15-2015, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

Of course not, Pammie. Join us.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

I'm sorry guys, I'm having way too much trouble coming up with characters for this game, so I'm going to have to bow out.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:19 AM
Master Fan

That's alright, Letty. I figured it would happen.