Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-21-2015, 03:42 PM
Master Fan

Adrienne
What would her sister do without her? Perservere in spite of the unsurmountable odds? Cadence was far more industrious than anyone gave her credit for. Had she not been around to set her little sister's hair to sorts Cadence would have inevitably found a way to triumph, turning a mishap into a new fashion trend. For half a heartbeat the Adrienne of old managed to reemerge as a warm smile almost exclusively reserved for her two younger sisters found her lips. No words had been necessary to convey her thoughts to her younger sister. Yet the moment was sadly brief. Adrienne could feel her sister grow tense in the way Cadence's fingers clenched her hand. Would she like a protest sign to wave around? No, Adrienne would have preferred an anvil to carry Prescott down to the bottom of the Atlantic ocean where the fish could then dine on his bloated corpse.

She looked away towards the lake once more as if afraid her sister would see straight to her heart and know the truth of her thoughts. Her sister's devotion to her fiance was admirable if not misplaced. "Even if his first dance isn't with you?" Adrienne questioned harshly as her steely blue-green gaze stared hard out over the lake. Now it was her grip that was tightening, her french-tip painted nails digging deep into the flesh of her own palm. Was she being unfair to Cadence, projecting her own insecurities and frustration undeservingly on a loving and doting sister? Maybe, but everyone else had been careful not to offend her or any other relating parties and so it fell to Adrienne to speak the harsh truths Cadence didn't want to hear.

Her sister sqeezed her hand back, a selfless gesture of comfort Adrienne knew she didn't deserve. She looked back at her sister reluctantly. At twenty-two Cadence Delongpre was a bigger person than anyone else Adrienne had ever known in her life, wise well beyond her years. How else to explain the easy way she set her own frustrations aside to comfort a most undeserving sister who had grown so bitter and cold over the years? "I would very much appreciate that." Adrienne was surprised by how strained her voice sound, the wound Phillip Sinclaire left behind feeling every bit as raw as it had the day she lost her little girl. Rose. I was going to name her Rose. She would have been almost ten by now. She had to turn her back to Cadence in that moment, dropping her sister's hand to cross her arms over her chest as anger and grief both welled up in her eyes. "If you could just see that they keep him occupied until the auction, I should be fine." She knew she would have to suffer his presence for the minute or so it took to auction her off, but she'd cross that bridge when she came to it. "That last thing I'd want to do is spoil all of grandmother's hard work by starting World War Four." Her shoulders finally relaxed and Adrienne hung her head contritely before quietly adding, "I'm sorry for what I said earlier. It was unfair and you didn't deserve it."
Old 12-21-2015, 10:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

OOC: Ford to come. Still could use some connections for any of my characters. Let me know if you're interested. Also thinking about bringing in another character...maybe once it takes off. Maybe a Sinclaire sibling (female) open to suggestions. Also, REALLY enjoying everyone's characters. They are a hoot to read. Hope everyone's weekend goes well!

Rory
Rory was always impeccably late. Ever since he was a child, he could never seem to arrive on time. According to his mother, he was two weeks late and the only reason he arrived when he did was because they had to finally cut him out of her against his will. Rory’s mom had a weird sense of humor. Rory sighed. “We agreed that I would get him this Christmas.” Rory spoke into his cell phone. The mumbled voice of a woman echoed in the silence of Rory’s car. “Come on, Serena, it’s been 3 months since I’ve had him for a whole weekend.” More mumbling. “Fine. I’ll just take him to lunch Christmas Eve. Can I at least talk to him?” Click. Rory tossed his phone to his side annoyed and gripped his steering wheel. It was hard enough being a single father, but when you’re dealing with a spoiled Upper East Sider for a baby mamma, it’s downright impossible.

Six hours and thirty-three minutes later, Rory had finally arrived at the Donahue mansion. He didn’t understand why the Donahue matriarch didn’t just buyout a venue closer to the families. All the families, at least the ones that mattered, live within an hour of each other except the Sinclaires and no one cares if they decided not to show. But tonight, like most of these social, narcissistic “charity” events, was to show how the Donahues and Delongpres enjoy exerting their power over the rest of society’s ruling families. Tonight was definitely no exception. Rory’s own reason for attending was to enlist the help of Elizabeth Donahue in making headway in his never-ending mission to gain equal custody of his son…so…I guess nobody is as innocent as they seem.

Rory pulled up to the valet and looked over at his passenger seat. It was littered in articles and textbooks about child custody laws and how to prove you’re a good father. This was Rory’s life. Sliding it all onto the ground, he found the crumpled up tie he was looking for. He exited the car and saw the looks the valet was shooting him. If it wasn’t for the 2016 Land Rover he just exited that cost more than this guy’s salary over the course of 4 years, no one would believe he belonged here…especially the way he was dressed. He handed the valet his kids and made his way into the mansion.

Stopping shortly before entering the main party area, he caught himself in the mirror. He padded down his hair the best he could, but it was disheveled and a little out of control, which would work on any of the patrons of his bar, but not so much on the high society princesses that would be in attendance tonight. Wrapping the tie around his neck, he quickly tied it and took a deep breath. A waiter with Champaign passed by him and he grabbed a glass and downed it. He was going to need that and a lot more if he was going to make it through this evening. When he was satisfied enough with his appearance which was by no means ragged and looked fairly presentable, he entered the party. He and Elizabeth would have to have a chat, but first things first…the bar. Rory smiled and nodded his way over to the bar and raised his hand to the bartender. “Can I get a whiskey, neat…” Rory looked to his left and noticed Sydney Jordan and then to his right where Lynette Donahue looked as if that permanent stick in her ass turned sideways. Rory sighed and looked back to the bartender. "Can you make that a double.” He said. Two of the Donahues’ most eligible bachelorettes and Rory knew whatever tension he walked in the middle of was about to be directed towards him. Rory threw a five dollar bill on the table and grabbed his drinks. “Evening, Ladies. You two kiss and make up?” Rory smirked. The ongoing feud between Sydney and Lynette had been going on for years. Everyone knew that if they were in proximity of each other. Sparks were bound to fly.
Tag Lynette/Sydney

Last edited by DingosAteYurBaby; 12-21-2015 at 10:47 PM
Old 12-21-2015, 10:22 PM
Master Fan

OOC: I was either going to have a frantic Matt looking for a missing Mia tag Rory, or ... you could have Rory tag in on the Lynette/Sydney scene since they are at the bar.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

OOC: while Rory definitely cares for Matt, I can't pass up the chance to be involved in a Sydney/Lynette spar-fest. HAHA...they've been pretty entertaining to read. Edited my posted to tag the two lovely ladies.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

Cadence Delongpre
”Even if his first dance isn’t with you?” The thought had crossed Cadence’s mind. Prescott liked to ‘party,’ his definition of the word differing greatly from hers. Mia Gallagher was all too happy to tell Cadence how fun her intended could be. It was possible she, Angelo, and Prescott were already at the party, hauled off in a corner somewhere. Whenever she’d stumbled upon the trio, they were always whispering and laughing suspiciously. Cadence chalked it up to immaturity. Blonde roots or red, she wasn’t ignorant. She merely saw more power in hope than defeat. Her sister was wrong if she thought her weak. It took strength to believe in a man the way Cadence believed in Prescott. Her guiding hand would help him flourish. Adrienne’s tone lacked intimidation once talk turned to Phillip Sinclaire. She avoided eye contact, discovering an unknown passion for wallpaper. The manner in which her voice quivered pained Cadence. She’d gladly wear her older sister’s scars, if life offered such an option.

“I’ll take a DAR informational packet from Minnie Luxton. That should bribe her. She’s been eyeing me since I helped with a benefit in high school.” Of course, grandmother encouraged the transition from college student to DAR member too, but Minnie was the worst. Cadence hadn’t double majored in business and journalism to make a career of volunteering. She loved helping others, but there was more than one way to do so. Her place was by her father’s side. His campaign needed her. “Don’t worry. World War Four, Lord willing, will never commence…here or elsewhere.” Cadence smiled that sweet, peacemaker smile of hers and headed for the door. Adrienne’s apology stopped her cold. “It’s alright…” It wasn’t, but grudges benefited no one. “In fact, consider it forgotten.” Cadence wrapped her arms around Adrienne lovingly. The oldest Delongpre wasn’t deserving of grace, but she needed it. Cadence would give the gift time and time again. “Plus, everyone knows you’re more bark than bite,” Cadence finished, a twinkle in her eye.

Phillip Sinclaire
Liz grasped at phantom hair, her signature locks gone. The bob spoke to sophistication. Phillip gathered she’d cut it for politics sake. She was beautiful regardless, but that wasn’t for him to say. Complimenting Delongpres meant wading through dangerous waters. Ford nearly socked him for admiring Cadence’s ring last month. God help him if he chose to address the blonde as his sister-in-law. Phil would stick to his designated corner, for now. Liz played the part of mind reader well, suddenly referencing her gall. “I don’t doubt it. You’ve had a fire inside you from the start.” It’d be a damn waste not to stoke those flames. Phillip didn’t glorify a rebel lifestyle, rather, he respected individuality. The evolving gypsies shared an understanding smile. Their smiles gave way to laughter at mention of Elizabeth’s auction. Much could be said for the woman beside him, but Phillip would play nice. He knew better than to crack jokes on stage. The audience was not composed of comedic patrons.

“Well, then, let me ease your troubled mind. You can thank me. I intend to make you this evening’s hottest commodity.” He winked, dimples appearing. Liz rose gracefully and stepped around him. She responded with a roll of her eyes. “Letting me off easy? That’s unlike you.” Only, she wasn’t giving him a pass. Liz’s ‘I know something you don’t know’ expression deepened. There were bigger fish to fry, mainly, her grandmother. “Eighth circle is right. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t expect pig’s blood to drop on my head.”

The Carrie reference was not lost on Liz. Adrienne and Phillip watched the movie while dating. Uninvited, Liz and Cadence joined the viewing party via closet. Cadence revealed her presence in the final act. She was a crying mess. Adrienne comforted her, never noticing Liz’s retreating form. Phil had noticed. “Maybe she’ll have me perform a song and dance?” The temptation to embarrass her granddaughter’s ‘no good, moronic ex-husband (her words)’ must be strong. Ironic, how a purple heart stood between him and his grave tonight. The Donahue patriarch wouldn’t taint her precious ball with a war hero’s blood. What Elizabeth failed to recognize was Phillip’s matching sentiments. He’d rather himself dead too. “How is she?” he inquired, finally, guilt rising to the surface. “You don’t have to answer, but I have to ask.”

Last edited by Captivating; 12-22-2015 at 01:41 PM
Old 12-22-2015, 09:17 PM
Master Fan

Adrienne
These little intimate moments between two sisters were always brief whenever their family found itself playing host to some sort of charity event and Adrienne was already regrouping, taking command of her emotions so that she might be able to better face the crowd outside. With each step toward the door Cadence took, Adrienne could feel herself growing harder, their conversation gradually fading from memory. When she heard the gentle swish of her sister's dress suddenly deaden, she knew her sister must have stopped before reaching the door and turned to face her. The next thing she knew, Cadence was standing in front of her, waving her magical invisible wand and wiping the slate clean between the two of them.

Tall, proud Adrienne Delongpre stood rigidly as her little sister wrapped her arms around her torso, her arms hanging stiffly at her side. It was with great difficulty that Adrienne returned the gesture, having hardened over the years and generally being of a view that such displays of affection were a mark of weakness she could no longer afford to show. Yet as the seconds ticked on, she could feel her muscles relaxing, her shoulders slumping forward and her arms completing the circle around Cadence's form. Plus, everyone knows you're more bark than bite. Adrienne's arms fell limp at her side before pulling out of the embrace. The glint of mischief in the younger blonde's eye was countered with crooked smile of her own. "Everyone you say?" Adrienne crossed her arms over her chest already feeling more like herself. "Clearly I'll need to file my teeth before we head back out." Her lips spread wider, the expression more sneer than smile in the end.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ford Delongpre
The Annual Donahue Christmas Charity Ball. If you were a Donahue or a Delongpre and you WERE NOT Elizabeth, then this evening was one of the many pitfalls of having been lucky enough to be born to such wealth and prestige. But all families came with its sacrifices. Dinner was Ford’s task for this evening. In addition to be on his way to a very successful career in law, Ford is pretty handy in the kitchen. A trait that Elizabeth fostered ever since he was a young boy. The appetizers were nothing fancy, but everyone knew no one cared about the appetizers. It was about the drinks, the schmoozing, and the connections between families that were to secure their place at the top of the heap. The dinner, on the other hand was extremely important.

Ford walked passed the head chef and a look of confusion came across his face. “Ephram?” A man in his mid-thirties came over at the sound of Ford calling him. If Ford was into men, he might find him quite attractive. “What is this?” He motions to the pots. ‘It’s Coq au Vin alla Ephram.’ A heavy sigh flowed through Ford’s mouth as the aspiring up-and-coming chef explained that his version was made with white wine instead of the traditional red wine and motioned for Ford to try it. Ford rolled his eyes and took a bite. It was delicious and biting his inner lip was all he could do to keep a satisfied sigh to exit his mouth.

“It’s very good, but tonight is about tradition…” Ford began in a calm and pleasant tone. “…and while I can appreciate you trying to be culinarily innovative, my grandmother prefers tradition. I recommend you keep the prowess to a minimum.” Ford was relieved that Ephram took it relatively well, but was taken off guard when he placed a hand on his shoulder and suggested he wrap up his concoction and the two of them could share it later. Ford’s demeanor immediately tensed and he quickly shrugged off Ephram’s hand and backed away. “Dinner is to be served in one hour. I suggest you quickly rectify your mistakes. Elizabeth won’t be as forgiving as I was.” He said as he made his way around the corner and into the restroom.

Ford made his way to the mirror and splashed cold water on his face. It looked as if someone had knocked the wind out of him and in some ways they had. It had been quite some time since a man had made a pass at him and even longer since he allowed himself to entertain the idea…even for just a moment. As said before, all families come with sacrifices, and this was Ford’s. He was a junior in high school when his father caught him in bed with his history professor. After threat of prison and a nondisclosure agreement, Mr. Holloway skipped town. Ford was placed on a plane the next day and sent to boarding school equipped with conversion therapy and all the works. Ford graduated from high school two years later and his attraction to men had disappeared…at least that what he told his father. Thankfully none of his family knew of his minor indiscretion, which made it easy to act like business as usual. His father had distinct plans…for his campaign and Ford’s future and his attraction to men did not fit. Ford had to respect that. Grabbing a glass of Champaign, he headed outside for some fresh air.
Open
Old 12-23-2015, 12:16 AM
Master Fan

OOC: Got him done in a fit of sudden inspiration.

Julian Donahue
Very few commonalities existed between ‘rich snob’ and ‘hipster.’ Julian often found the culture of his upbringing clashing wildly with that which he’d embraced, wholeheartedly, and the snubbing of designer clothes and widely contrasting political views had been the most difficult on his delicate psyche. Progressivism required Julian to care about the lower castes, and devotion to irony relegated his sartorial choices to vintage secondhand shops and thrift stores, where, more often than not, the odor of old people was cloyingly pervasive. But he’d adjusted, given time, and where he couldn’t adjust he compromised, pulling on thoroughly washed flannel and skinny jeans with an unknown amount of prior owners snugly over his cherished (brand new) Armani boxer briefs. Politics were easier, various platforms demanding feigned interest over genuine but minimally he could embrace the notion of marriage reform and pot legalization - clearly far more important to his present interests than tax breaks and universal healthcare.

One item, though. One item the wealthy and the bohemian shared competing interests in: wine. Good wine. Excellent wine. Top-of-the-fucking-shelf wine. Julian loved fermented grapes nearly as much as he loved Warhol or the increasingly dying breed of men both well-endowed and familiar with the concept of ‘give and take.’ That is to say, he preferred to be some degree of wine-soaked 24/7, if at all possible. Many of his friends were probably only his friends because of his access and his plastic, greedy alcohol snobs without the funds to back up their addictions and Julian unabashedly took equal advantage, plying with bottles of Romanee-Conti and Chateau d’Yquem and Cheval Blanc to fill the cramped spaces of his flat on a semi-regular basis. Because otherwise, Julian’s slight insufferability and ego problems might’ve limited his social circle to literally the one person incapable of turning her back on him, despite the shit he put her through; Sydney was likely grateful for any excuse to leave Julian to his wino friends and their ‘dinner’ (alcohol) parties, so long as it meant seeing Christian without worrying over the massive amounts of inappropriate texting she’d receive at quintessential moments.

Elizabeth Donahue was a clever woman. Rarely could that be called into question. Tonight, however, one might pause at her decision to allocate the task of ‘bar stocking and inventory’ to Julian and Sydney—less Sydney, more Julian. Because Syd was being a good little grandchild, scribbling out a list of dwindling supply as their guests for that evening’s grand charity ball drank and drank and drank, not letting herself get distracted by a Very Delicious Christian Jenkins (too often), and Julian was… well. Julian was.

Julian was grateful to be in an enclosed space not permeable by his grandmother’s sharp-eyed gaze as he inelegantly unknotted his tie and let the delicate silk slip through his fingers onto the cool tiled floor of Chez Donahue’s personal wine cellar. The oak and brick shelves were piled high with various vintages, thick coats of dust speaking to the value of some over others, and Julian could only hesitate as long as it took to hunt down the first cabernet sauvignon within reach before introducing it gleefully to his personal corkscrew. When he came up for air, moments later, the bottle was already nearly half empty and he’d found himself a seat on the ground, book-ended by three more bottles and the promise of an excellent evening ahead of him.

(open)
Mistress of the Marvel Universe
and Roleplaying Board's fairest and kindliest Mod ever!
Old 12-23-2015, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

OOC: I might get Cadence out one last time. It depends on my work load today. Merry (almost) Christmas, everyone!

Lynette Donahue
Three, two, one, there it was. Sydney’s annoyance showed through her best game face. Glee dispersed from the top of Lynette’s headpiece to the soles of her shoes. Why her cousin’s faulty smile brought such pleasure, she couldn’t say. The two had never been friends, would never be friends, and for no logical reason. Lynette cited a difference in breeding only because it proved easiest. A trial wouldn’t produce sufficient evidence for rivalry. Thank God no judge cared to investigate socialite squabbles.

“You know me, selfless as the day is long. No one should be alone during Christmas.” Herself excluded, naturally. Lynette’s work filled her more than a man ever could. Sydney seemed the clingy type. The principle dancer (casting must’ve slept on the job) surrounded herself with people nonstop. Who had time for that many friends, let alone wanted them? Grandmother and Liz Delongpre made up her inner circle. Julian too, Lynette supposed, when he wasn’t being an insufferable hipster. “Right, right, we don’t need a man…feminism and all that, but we’ve got military families to consider.” Sydney expressed her agreement. Tonight was about giving back. It's what the entire holiday season was about.

“I’m glad you see reason.” For once. Victory, as always, was brief. Lynette had just readied herself to give the auction schedule when Rory graced the bar with his disheveled presence. He wanted a whisky neat, did he? Probably the first neat item he’d held in hand for months. The whole Gallagher clan was a joke, but this schmuck took the cake. He’d likely forget his head if it wasn’t attached. “As I was saying, the call for bidding starts promptly at…” “Evening, ladies. You two kiss and make up?” Rory’s interruption was far from well received. “I’m sorry, is barging into a conversation not tacky on your planet?” Lynette’s eyes narrowed, a clear warning. “No one wants you here, Rory, so make like Tom and cruise.”

Last edited by Captivating; 12-23-2015 at 01:24 PM
Old 12-23-2015, 01:02 PM
Elite Fan

Cadence Delongpre
That’s it, you can do it, Cadence silently encouraged. Her petite frame drew closer each second, refusing to budge. Adrienne had a hug in her somewhere. Shark lawyer and man-eater reputation be damned. A solid minute passed before patience received its just reward. Cadence’s jaw throbbed from all the smiling she was doing. The big sister from her youth had been missed. ”See, that wasn’t so bad.” Mr. Cool himself (Prescott) welcomed her hugs. A blond furnace, he’d dubbed her, not that Adrienne would care. ”I’ll be here your whole life if you need another.” Cadence released her hold, cobalt and emerald eyes locking. Wheels were turning. Adrienne had her courtroom face on, the ‘more bark than bite’ comment resonating deeply. Challenge accepted.

“You have nothing to prove. You know that, right?” Cadence scurried after Adrienne, cursing her Prada pumps. If shoes weren’t hurting, they weren’t helping, grandmother insisted. She’d half a mind to toss the heels behind her, had guests not emerged. Adrienne was halfway down the stairwell before Cadence waved the white flag. ”Play nice!” she demanded hopefully. The redhead smirked and waved goodbye, and it was a good thing she did. On the overhead balcony stood Liz and Phillip Sinclaire. Cadence blinked in confusion. What could those two possibly have to talk about? She’d discuss the details with Liz another night. She’d already kept Jonathan waiting too long.

Cadence weaved through the crowd gracefully, years of ice skating perfecting coordination. She waved at her grandmother and Christian along the way. She nodded toward Lynette and Sydney as well, the gesture unnoticed. An aura of tension hovered above the bar. When would those two make peace? Honestly, they were more alike than either cared to admit. Not innately, but the cousins took the cake for stubbornness. ”I’m here, I’m here, so sorry. Check-collecting partner, at your service.” Cadence greeted her friend with a kiss on the cheek. “You look dashing, by the way. Sydney dumping you did wonders for your wardrobe,” she jested. “Still, her loss. What have I missed?”

TAG Jonathan

Last edited by Captivating; 12-23-2015 at 01:16 PM
Old 12-23-2015, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

OOC: This will be my last post until Sunday. Adrienne is now open. Anyone is welcome to tag her otherwise I might do some random tagging when I get back into town. Merry Christmas, everyone.

Sydney
There was a reason Sydney only ever came back to Richmond for a few days at a time. The life of a dancer allowed for little downtime and so her visits were often limited to birthdays and holidays - a convenience she fully took advantage of. This was no true home of hers, no matter how hard Elizabeth might have endeavored to make it so; home would always be the palm tree lined boulevards and coastal sunsets of southern California. Circumstance forced her to adapt all those years ago when she and her two older siblings found themselves fresh from tragedy and she had made considerable strides to fit in but even now there were times she still felt like the awkward outsider she had first been at sixteen. She had never known this kind of outrageous wealth growing up and no rationalization Elizabeth or anyone else could come up with, no matter how cleverly worded, would ever justify the gross frivolity that was a staple of these sorts of events. The glassware alone would have cost the equivalent of a small economy car, she knew. But more than that it was the callous manner in which people sometimes regarded one another that proved most jarring in the end, as was best evidenced by the appalling manner with which Lynette dismissed Rory Gallagher.

In the end, Sydney generally could only take Richmond in small doses, often with the aid of alcohol. The way she held the neck of the bottle of Moscatto, clenching it tightly as if paranoid a dubious raider might come along to pilfer her loot, might have lent some credence to Lynette's earlier quip regarding her burgeoning alcoholism. The sad fact was she did not have nearly enough alcohol in her system to suffer Lynette's pomposity for much longer but that was likely to change with prolonged exposure. Sydney wondered how long it would take her to get drunk if she took a sip of wine every time her cousin uttered some kind of an insult.

I'm sorry, is barging into a conversation not tacky on your planet? Sydney took a drink. No one wants you here Rory, so make like Tom and cruise. Then another. At this rate, it wouldn't be long at all.

When Sydney turned to greet Rory she smiled apologetically, contrite enough for both her and Lynette. "Hello, Rory. Merry Christmas." Though not nearly as well acquainted with Rory as the rest of her extended family, she still regarded him with the same warmth and amiability she would a friend. "You'll have to forgive my cousin. She had the good fortune of being raised in the company of all you see around you but evidentially she still learned her manners in a barn." Sydney found herself glancing off in the direction Julian disappeared in, half expecting him to turn up with the inventory she had sent him off to retrieve in arm. It was more likely her cousin had holed himself up in the cold wine cellar and wouldn't be found until the next morning, cradling several empty bottles under head as a makeshift pillow, burgundy and crimson stains decorating his collar. She somehow already knew she was well and truly abandoned now. Sydney took another drink.

Last edited by degausser; 12-23-2015 at 08:13 PM
Old 12-23-2015, 10:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Liz
She smirked at the suggestion that Elizabeth Donahue's plan may have involved Philip engaging in a song and dance number for her amusement but the fact that he was the puppetmaster of the charity festivities was punishment enough in her book when it was evidently clear her feelings on Adrienne Delongpre's former husband. True to his remark that she had always been spirited, his comment that he intended to make her the evening's prized possession earned him another eye roll. Liz wasn't sure she needed his good word to become a more appealing choice for a philanthropic date; her party girl days may have been behind her but it seemed her reputation lived on. And in an audience where she had some sort of prior history with the vast majority of men under forty and a sizeable percentage of those above, it wouldn't take much work on his part or hers to fetch a decent amount of money for her grandmother's selected charity.

"I don't think I'll have much problem in that department," Liz waved off his remark, not arrogantly but also not taking her position in society for granted. "But I'll be sure to stand clear in the event of swine's blood, I wouldn't want to mess up my shoes." Without moving from her chosen spot, she jokingly held out a sandal-adorned foot for his admiration and appreciation, before readying herself to depart the balcony once more ... that is, until he posed another question, apologizing immediately as if the mere act of asking her something was somehow off limits.

"My grandmother?" she asked incredulously, wondering if she had misunderstood to whom he was referring, as she favored a straightforward approach over playing it coy. She knew there was not overmuch to share about Elizabeth Donahue, for all intents alive and well, particularly if her feelings on the man before her remained unchanged. "She's fine," Liz said dispassionately but not before adding with a devilish wink, "She would probably be better if Cadence wasn't marrying Prescott and you hadn't shown up this evening, guest of honor or not." She turned back to face him fully so he could see her expression was not one of malice or otherwise ill intent when she continued. "And if you meant my sister, I can't say she feels any differently..." she trailed off, wondering if she had misread his comment and hoping she hadn't cut too close to the bone by bringing up her sister in a direct manner.

Christian
He knew very well that he didn't misremember a single word but let the comment pass with only the merest hint of amusement apparent in his eyes. Her revised statement was little better than the one he had previously heard, and truthfully, the speed with which she concocted an equally absurd scenario in which she could express her dislike for the Sinclaire family at large was a little alarming. Christian would never say so to her face but he imagined it came easily when you had as many years of experience as Elizabeth did; somehow, he doubted the Sinclaires were the first family who she regarded with such disdain, and they would hardly be the last. He figured that overall the family was a little harder for her to handle given their close connections to her daughter's family, and by extension, two of her three daughter's daughters.

The engagement of Prescott Sinclaire to Cadence Delongpre came as something of a surprise to Christian when he had heard of it especially when considering the failed marriage between Phillip Sinclaire and Adrienne Delongpre that had ended on a sour note. The fact that Elizabeth's daughter and son-in-law would encourage such a marriage after their elder daughter suffered so harshly after the abrupt end of her own marriage was something he couldn't wrap his mind around fully. Just when Christian thought he had truly began to understand people and their motivations, there was always something new that would surprise him. The two expertly navigated the intrusion of one of the Daughters of the American Revolution, Eleanor Livingston, who praised the success of the charity ball to her friend before disappearing. Their conversation resumed without missing a beat.

"I imagine it would," he said with a derisive snort at the thought of using Frank Gallagher whiskey as an accelerant if the Sinclaires were to light themselves on fire. As if on cue, the first of the Gallagher children, Rory, appeared at the bar to engage Lynette and Sydney in conversation. Christian wondered for a moment if he had missed the obvious DO NOT FEED THE WILDLIFE sign; he would learn his lesson soon enough, he figured, when he came back missing an appendage after intruding in their conversation. The distraction was enough for him to initially misjudge the direction in which Elizabeth was steering the conversation. Her supposed amazement at his unattached status was really no great feat at all; in all the years since he had been an adult, Christian had routinely attended events at the Donahue home sans a partner, save for when involved with the absent Eden Jordan. Tonight was no exception.

But for once, her comment was not as innocent in its intent as it could have been. Christian was faintly aware that she was scrutinizing his reaction, waiting to see how he would answer, but instead he shrugged casually, only reserving the briefest of attention for the developing Lynette/Sydney/Rory situation.When she asked if he intended on entering the auction later in the evening, it was only by his good graces -- the very same that she had taught him, warning him that knowing exactly how to behave in social situations would provide a cushion to fall back on later in life when he found himself in a sticky -- that he didn't openly roll his eyes. Christian, to his credit, didn't even so much as react before answering, coolly, "I can't say that I gave the notion much thought. But if it would please you, I certainly would consider it, though I would think my money would be as equally as well-spent as my time." Make no mistake, however, if Elizabeth Donahue wanted him to sign up ... he would sign up, no questions asked, and he knew she was fully aware of that fact.

Last edited by fleur captives; 12-24-2015 at 10:11 AM
Old 12-24-2015, 09:12 AM
Master Fan

This is my Christmas gift to you guys

Daniela

Daniela didn't dress up often but when she did, she looked like she knew what she was doing. She didn't even want to go to this thing at first but Ryan, he had a way of sweet talking her into doing things and that was exactly what he did where the party was concerned. She would much rather be at home watching some Christmas movie and cuddling with him but her husband offered some incenstives if she went and they were ones that she could not say no to. The wait would be killer but it would be worth it.

She walked in arm and arm with Rick following after Lucrezia and Alex. She was glad she didn't have to have body guards with her anymore, since her husband counted as one. A body guard marrying the one he was guarding. There was some sort of Lifetime movie in there, she was sure of it. She wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened to her sister eventually. Anyone could see that the dynamic between them was more than meets the eye. She couldn't help but be amused by their banter as they entered the house behind them.

"She's got the right idea" Daniela told Rick when Lucrezia mentioned getting drinks. Sometimes drinking was the only way the oldest Moretti daughter got through events like this. She really did hate dressing up. "Come on, Alex. It's for chairty" She spoke, echoing her sister's words with a grin as she grabbed a glass of something. She didn't care what it was.

Tag Rick, Lucrezia, and Alex

Just so you know, I wouldn't give it up, no.
Jason Morgan & Sam Mccall
Old 12-26-2015, 03:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Rory Gallagher
Damn, that stick must really be doing a number on her. It seems that ordering that double was a wise idea. Lynette Donahue was at it again. Listening to her was like listening to a less put together and shriller version of Elizabeth Donahue herself. He definitely wasn’t in the mood for this. “Merry Christmas to you too, Lynette” Rory couldn’t help but chuckle. He’d feel offended if this wasn’t business as usual. It wasn’t always like this between them. Lynette used to be tolerable. Hell, they’d even been friends once upon a time. Then socializing became more than hide and seek and lines were drawn. And now…here they were. “Better watch out, Lynette,” Rory began. “I think I might be the last member of the male population willing to get in proximity to your cool, chill inducing orbit. If you have any hopes of getting bids at tonight’s auction, you might want to give the illusion you have a soul. Can’t rely on Vera Wang alone.” Rory smirked as he turned to Sydney. Lynette was a bitch. There isn’t a less vulgar way of putting it. It was just a fact. Even her Grandmother couldn’t find a man willing to put up with her crap.

“Merry Christmas, Sydney.” He made a point to notice Lynette’s obviously annoyed look. “No apologies needed. We’ve all grown up with certain expectations.” Rory leaned closer to Sydney as if to tell her secret and motioned to Lynette. “Some of us just learn a little slower.” He said knowing full well Lynette heard every word. “By the way, you look beautiful this evening” Rory stated matter of factly. “I know Lenny here is as single as she is intolerable, but what about you? Will we be seeing you in the auction this evening? It is tradition after all.”
Tag Lynette/Sydney
Old 12-26-2015, 03:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Name: Piper Sinclaire
Family most closely affiliated with: Sinclaire
Three Fast Facts:
Being the youngest of the Sinclaire brood growing up was exceptional. Especially given that she was the only girl. She was doted on by her father and her two older brothers and given their family's wealth, she never went without. She could get away with anything...that was until she became a teenager. Sneaking out to go to parties or meet boys was difficult when you had not one, but three testosterone-fueled men in your life, but in truth, Piper wouldn't have it any other way.
With her brothers' lure to the darker sides of life, Piper was the golden child. Because her apt for scholastic studies and her desire to please her father and be treated equally among her brothers, Piper graduated high school at sixteen with a 4.6 GPA and enrolled at Dartmouth. At 23, she graduated from the Tuck School of Business with her MBA and begged her father to allow her to run the Film and Television Division of the NWF.
Piper has dreams of taking over the company some day, even though Phillip is set to succeed. Her love life has faltered as an expense of her business ambitions, but after one of the wrestlers her father's company represented broke her heart, she's kept men at a distance which none of the men in her life seem to care. She longs for a companion but after her last boyfriend was beaten and dropped from NWF's representation due to their breakup Piper worries their overbearing behavior might scare a suitor off.
Taken By: dingosateyurbaby
Played By: Holland Roden