Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

Oh man, Phil and the neighbour. All the play group scenes are brilliant too. I really loved the early episodes where Cam and Mitch had so much to learn.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Phil got into trouble with Claire for that, for getting into her bedroom It is nice to see Cam and Mitch as new parents dealing with that and being gay, there is a certain self conscious aspect when sometimes they don't want to be over the top.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:22 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by misst89 (View Post)
Its a great episode that one. I like Phil with the neighbour having to climb into her bedroom and lying to claire about it and him having to return the bike! Jay stood out for me for what he does for Manny, showing he is the best father. And we all love Mitchell and Cam trying to fit in, but he gets to dance for lily in the end.
Oh my Phil on this one and on trying to teach Luke a lesson. Mitch & Cam are hilarious on this one too, with the whole play date scene and on Cam toning it down. I have to agree with you on the Jay/Manny storyline on this ep. He said the best life lesson in the end...

"Okay, the key to being a good dad, is sometimes things work out just the way you want it. Sometimes they don't. You gotta hang in there. Because when all is said & done, 90% of being a dad is just showing up."

Stephen: That's one thing I like about Mitch & Cam, they try so hard to be the best parents for Lily and it's really inspiring to watch them.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 08-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
"Okay, the key to being a good dad, is sometimes things work out just the way you want it. Sometimes they don't. You gotta hang in there. Because when all is said & done, 90% of being a dad is just showing up."
Oh Jay!
Old 08-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that quote of Jay's Its so true. Rich or poor, as long as your kids can depend on you, thats key about being a good dad.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:11 AM
Moderator Manager

Very true. Gosh, the writing on this show is just GOLD. I don't know how else to describe the episodes and why they're all life lessons for us (amidst the laughter).

You can't blame Manny for putting his dad on a pedestal. But what Jay did for Manny in the end...tugged my heart.

Old 08-16-2011, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah for Manny, you really understand why he still cares and loves his dad a lot and I hope he realises how much Jay does for him. I think Jay has really come along as his step dad. Like in season 2, Manny didn't want to go camping in Who will take care of Lily? and cam wasnt sure about Jay's parenting skills but the conversation Jay and Manny have in the car is very sweet because Jay knows Manny doesn't want to go and just wants to be there for him.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:26 AM
Moderator Manager

I love that scene with them. I think we'll get more of Jay/Manny scenes in future episodes. It's not easy to adjust to a stepfather, it takes time but these two are trying.

Also, as with Mitch & Cam in this ep, Mitch was really worried about how Cam will come off with the other moms in their playdate for Lily. I love how Cam tried to tone it down because it's what Mitch wanted. In the end, Mitch realizes his mistake because you can never 'clip Cam's 'wings'. And since the episode focused on what it takes for them to be a dad, we realize that they can't change each other because that is how they are and Lily will come to accept that when she grows.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

I really love that quote to show how much he would do for Manny even he's his step-son, but I love how he cares about him... Hopefully that we can get more bonding in between them..

[sigh in frustration]

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-17-2011, 01:21 AM
Moderator Manager

I hope so too. The dynamics of these 3 families are really enjoyable.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

I agree w/ you..

[sigh in frustration]

Old 08-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What else shall we discuss regarding season 1?
Old 08-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

Did we finish w/ episodes that we discuss or not yet?

[sigh in frustration]

Old 08-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We can move on to the next if no one has anything else to add about "The Bicycle Thief."

"Come Fly with Me." Jay tries to spend some time alone with his model airplane, but Phil ruins it; Alex and Gloria go to a mall and Gloria tries to convince Alex to wear a dress to a wedding; Mitchell goes to Costco for the first time in his life.

Interesting note: Haley and Luke are not in this episode!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:12 AM
Moderator Manager

Luke was in the ep, jumping around without his pants on but had no lines. Haley was totally not in this ep.

I love this episode for the Phil/Jay storyline alone. Of course another would be the bonding of Gloria/Alex and Manny/Claire. The Mitch freaking out over Costco was hilarious. It also told us more about their relationship & how they met.