Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My brother and I introduced the show to his now ex, but when she watched the pilot she was amazed that they were related because you don't find out til the end of the pilot and they all gather for the dinner which I hadn't realised.

I laugh so hard when Mitchell lets in Jay and says "Hey dad, may i take your multi colored coat and your bejewelled cap?"
Old 08-03-2011, 05:28 AM
Moderator Manager

"Nothing gay going on here dad." because Jay was furiously ringing the doorbell.

Jay's speech to the family in the end was touching. Anyone who will see this ep will know from watching this particular ep that this show's writing is just FLAWLESS.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

"Undeck the Halls" is on TV I'll be posting my favourite quotes LOL
Old 08-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
"Nothing gay going on here dad." because Jay was furiously ringing the doorbell.

Jay's speech to the family in the end was touching. Anyone who will see this ep will know from watching this particular ep that this show's writing is just FLAWLESS.
It really was a flawless speech!
Old 08-04-2011, 01:36 AM
Moderator Manager

"Look at those creampuffs with the baby."

And that triggered Mitch's airplane speech.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

I remember watching the first 3 or 4 episodes and thinking, "Hmm, this is good but I don't know if I'll stick with it". Then I saw 'Coal Digger' and from then on every episode of MF was like a home run. Such a strong first season.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Stephen, I liked the pilot but it wasn't until the Lion King moment til I thought wow this is a good show. Its nice to see how it grabbed you though.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

The Lion King moment was an important one for me too because it was when I got a handle on Cam. "Oh, THIS is who he is!" And I hadn't read anything about the show before seeing the pilot so it was a cool reveal to see that all the characters were part of the same extended family.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah even Mitchell says turn it off and Cam says I can't turn it off, its who i am! And that summed up Cam right there. I like that these couples were all one family, it just makes so much sense now.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Elite Fan

It does. I don't think the show would work if the three families were kept separate.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Dead (View Post)
I remember watching the first 3 or 4 episodes and thinking, "Hmm, this is good but I don't know if I'll stick with it". Then I saw 'Coal Digger' and from then on every episode of MF was like a home run. Such a strong first season.
Perfect ep. It's interesting that this ep made you like the show but it's true. The entire episode between Claire & Gloria, Jay wanting to just watch football, Mitch trying so hard to understand it for Cam and the jumping on the pool in the end. It's one of the strongest eps in s1. The first ep I watched was "Game Changer" and loved it the first time I saw it.

Theresa: I'd have to say the same with the Pilot, it wasn't until the 'Lion King' moment and Jay's speech that made me go "awww" but by the time I've seen the pilot, I've watched the last few eps so it was different for me. I loved the show even before I've seen the Pilot.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
It does. I don't think the show would work if the three families were kept separate.
I agree w/ this even I like to see them mixture w/ other family members...

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Elite Fan

Game Changer is brilliant. I love the whole thing with the iPad.

Quote:
by the time I've seen the pilot, I've watched the last few eps so it was different for me
Yeah, with other shows I have seen later episodes before the pilot and that makes the pilot a little more easier to get into because I know where the show is going.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Yeah, with other shows I have seen later episodes before the pilot and that makes the pilot a little more easier to get into because I know where the show is going.
That's true. Also, I watched the show pretty late but caught up before season 2 started. Our local cable had a weekend marathon so in 2 days I was able to catch up.

Steph: I think the idea that they're actually one family is really good. It made for some interesting storylines.

Okay, how about we talk about the next ep: "The Bicycle Thief".

Jay tries to show his stepson he can be a good father; Phil tries to teach his son a lesson by stealing his bike, but gets in trouble when he discovers he got the wrong bike; and Cameron and Mitchell bring Lily to a play group and try to act straight.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I dont think we'd care if they were just 3 random families. Because they are related so much of it makes more sense.

Its a great episode that one. I like Phil with the neighbour having to climb into her bedroom and lying to claire about it and him having to return the bike! Jay stood out for me for what he does for Manny, showing he is the best father. And we all love Mitchell and Cam trying to fit in, but he gets to dance for lily in the end.