Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Moderator Manager

Season 1 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Modern Family Season 1 Discussion Thread

Credit

We will start our discussion with the Pilot episode first for a week perhaps? We'll talk about or favorite moments, lines, etc.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for this thread!

Season 1... gahhhhh flawless.

We should try to do some rewatches here!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I was getting pretty annoyed and bored with network television the last couple of years. When MF first came on the scene, I was floored. It was just one of the best shows, and debut seasons, I had seen in a long, long time.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 08-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

You know, there are so many reports saying that Modern Family basically brought back the half hour family sitcom.

The hype is completely true!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiVenLoVe902 (View Post)
You know, there are so many reports saying that Modern Family basically brought back the half hour family sitcom.

Yeeeesss! I read that! Those were the comments that inmediately followed the end of season 1, even Oprah mentioned it! And I couldn't agree more
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 08-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:

I love everyone mention about this show and recommend them to watch it since it remind you of your long-distance family or anything that make you enjoy it even I don't hate it for not one thing about it..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

The thing is, this show has comedy but its still the type of comedy that the whole family can enjoy.

Brings back a time where you can sit together as a family and watch a show about another crazy family who is hilarious but at the same time kind of like you.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:13 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
That's a good idea! Now we just need to figure out an appropriate time for a watch. Most likely on weekends.

For now, we can discuss the Pilot ep for one week (our favorite lines, moments, scenes, etc). Basically our overall "feel" for the episode.

Here's a summary of the Pilot.

Quote:
Jay's family tries to function despite the age difference between himself and his second wife, Gloria. Claire's and Phil's family tries to punish their son and watch over their eldest daughter and her new boyfriend. Mitchell tries to hide the fact that he and his partner Cameron have just adopted a baby daughter in Vietnam from his family until Cameron invites Mitchell's family without consulting him (which is revealed to be the other two families, Jay being Mitchell's father and Claire being Mitchell's older sister).

Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

I think that it's good idea that we can do on the weekend, but if not then we need to figure it out what day was best for everyone in here..

I haven't watch first season since last year, so I need to watch it since we got this board..

is that what you want?

Old 08-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes a rewatch would be great! I'll be on vacation starting thursday but you guys can do rewatches without me!

Gahhhh the pilot. What a flawless episode. Everything Phil and Cam did cracked me up. Plus Lily's arrival into the family and the final scene of the entire family.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

I always wonder that are they different family or what.. I always thought that they aren't relate to each other til end of episode that when I realized, but I really love how each characters' personality are completely different since they aren't same that you thought it will be, but not..

I love how Cam use the song from Lion King to show off his child and everyone's facial expressions to it.. So amusing..

is that what you want?

Old 08-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
The thing is, this show has comedy but its still the type of comedy that the whole family can enjoy.

Brings back a time where you can sit together as a family and watch a show about another crazy family who is hilarious but at the same time kind of like you.
Well put. I like how the show usually ends with something very sweet and touching. You don't get a lot of that on TV anymore.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 08-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Master Fan

I love how the show ends. It touches me.

Quote:
Thanks for this thread!

Season 1... gahhhhh flawless.

I would love that!

Booth/Brennan Chuck/Blair Angel/Buffy Rigsby/Van Pelt
Old 08-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

i agree with this. it's the first half hour comedy i got hooked on immediately and i usually just shun them off. it's such quality.

and i agree on the rewatches
Old 08-03-2011, 04:53 AM
Moderator Manager

Yay, I'm glad everyone's on-board with the re-watch too! I prefer weekend but as for timezones, I'm waaay ahead of everyone here, I think.

I love the Pilot ep too. It explained how long the 3 primary couples have been together. Also at first, you won't know that Claire & Mitch are related and that Jay's their dad. The Dunphys are hilarous! Luke with the toy gun and hitting Alex with it. Phil joking about getting the camcorder because Dylan was coming over to spend time with Haley. Phil dancing to HSM. Mitch & Cam adopting Lily and how Mitch did that speech at the airplane. Cam's grand entrance introducing Lily to the family. Manny playing soccer but losing his focus because of a girl. Gloria getting really competitive at Manny's soccer match. Jay getting conscious of how he is because of his age and buying hip clothes & a bejeweled cap.

And yes the ending was touching, Jay reading Manny's letter to that girl.