Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Moderator Manager

Modern Family News Thread: Keep updated with the latest news on the family!

Welcome to the Modern Family News Thread

Credit

Quote:
As you might have heard, the 2011 Emmy nominations were announced. But after a perusal of the list of those lucky enough to score nods, we found ourselves with questions. Lots of ‘em, in fact! Such as: Is this the first time four actors – Modern Family‘s Ed O’Neill, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Eric Stonestreet, and Ty Burrell — from one show have been nominated in a single category? Why was PBS’ Downtown Abbey nominated in the Mini-Series category when a second season is in the works? And: Why is Cloris Leachman showing up in the Guest Actress category when she was in 20 of Raising Hope‘s 22 episodes last season? Well, we searched high and low — and enlisted knower of all things Emmy, the Television Academy’s SVP of Awards, John Leverence — to help us get to the bottom of 10 perplexing queries.
2011 Emmy nominations: 10 burning questions answered | Inside TV | EW.com

Quote:
After some initial debate, ABC decided to set the Season 3 premiere of Modern Family in Wyoming’s beautiful Jackson Hole. The city has hosted many celebrities and camera crews in the past, but the community is especially excited to welcome the Emmy-nominated comedy because it's about family.

"This show, being a family show, represented an opportunity to convey further that we do want families to come here,” Tim O’Donoghue of the Jackson Chamber of Commerce told Local 8 News. He hopes that the exposure to millions of viewers will "support the local economy.”

Visitors and locals alike are excited for the ABC show’s impending visit. Susan Pfefferle, a tourist from Ohio, commented, “I think it will be a riot to watch Modern Family here in Jackson, on a dude ranch!”

Filming begins in two weeks, with the Season 3 premiere airing on Sept. 21 at 9 p.m. ET . We’re looking forward to seeing our favorite offbeat family members saddling it up and heading off into the horizon. Yee haw!
Modern Family Season 3 Premiere Set in Scenic Jackson Hole

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 08-11-2011 at 06:28 AM
Old 08-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for this thread!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread!
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Old 08-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can't wait to get more news about next season!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Me too! I'm so excited to see what's in store for us!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Every season, it seems like the writers top themselves. How are they going to top the flawlessness that was S2?!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I only know a few things about season 3:

1. Season premiere is one hour and set on a dude ranch

2. There will be an episode in the fall where Phil takes Haley to look at colleges

3. Lily looks set to be replaced for a child slightly older

I can't wait!

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 08-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

They are replacing Lily?!

I've actually grown to really love the child they are using now.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Yeah, that's what I've heard.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 08-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hm I guess realistically they can't keep the same child actress, but still.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

I feel bad. I love Lily, she's adorable.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Seems like a nice way to start the season

Quote:
Jackson Hole Chosen For Modern Family Season Premiere

JACKSON HOLE, Wy — Scenic Jackson Hole is no stranger to cameras and special guests. In fact, in the next couple of weeks this old Western Town is getting a modern twist.
Stephen Price takes a moment to check out the breathtaking view of the Teton Mountains.
“Jackson’s a beautiful place, we’re all proud of it,” said Price, the General Manager of the Spring Creek Ranch and member of the Tourism Board in Jackson Hole.
And thanks to the Tourism Board and many others the beauty will be seen Nationally.
After a few short weeks of deliberation ABC chose Jackson as the location for their season premiere for the hit show Modern Family.
But with other contenders in the race, Wyoming almost did not make the cut.
“I kind of look at like we’re the little engine that could, we just kept going and then it was secured,” said Price. “I just think it’s great for Wy and the town of Jackson.”
The show is the number one scripted television show in the US and has captured hearts everywhere, including Tim O’Donoghue with the Chamber of Commerce.
“It’s very innovative, creative writing, it’s a funny show,” said O’Donoghue. “We got a lot of excitement and positive feedback.”
Having a hit show come to your town is a big deal for any vacation spot, but with values of family, tradition and togetherness, it hits right at the heart and soul of Jackson.
“That’s why it was a win-win, Jackson’s all about dude ranches, the west, it’s all about families,” said Price. “It’s a home run.”
This show, being a family show represented an opportunity to convey further that we do want families to come here,” said O’Donoghue.
And for families already here, they can see why Jackson was chosen.
“Very family friendly, it’s a great town,” said Maureen Kromawitter, visiting Jackson from Kansas with her family.
And some are already imagining the un-traditional family in the Western setting.
“I think it will be a riot to watch Modern Family here in Jackson, on a dude ranch!” said Susan Pfefferle from Ohio. “I can just imagine those guys on horses!”
“I think that they could get into a lot of trouble,” said Kromawitter. “It should be fun!”
For the local crowd, it is a chance to boost tourism.
“Their interest is to support the show which will in turn support the local economy,” said O’Donoghue.
And show off their home.
“It’s about showing it to the world, and that’s what we want to do,” said Price.
The filming will start in two weeks for the premiere episode airing September 21st on ABC.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 08-01-2011, 05:11 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting this thread.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for starting this thread..

I wonder that does anyone heard the new about casting Lily yet since they start filming or not yet??

Quote:
I feel bad. I love Lily, she's adorable.
I know right.. I love her since she was so adorable plus so quiet..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Seriously, she's so quiet and good while filming.