Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2014, 11:44 PM
Moderator Manager

6x10 - "Haley's 21st Birthday" Episode Discussion

“Haley's 21st Birthday” – It's Haley's 21st birthday and the whole family takes her to a bar to celebrate. Claire wants Haley to start seeing her as a friend rather than her uptight mom, Mitch and Cam make the sad realization that they may not be as cool as they thought, and Jay and Phil's quick pit stop to pick up Haley's gift, a new car, becomes a disaster. Back at home, Lily asks Alex, Luke, and Manny where babies come from. “Modern Family,” WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 3 (9:00-9:30 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

“Modern Family” stars Ed O’Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sofia Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

“Haley's 21st Birthday” was written by Abraham Higginbotham and directed by Alison Statman.

SNEAK PEEK:

"I have done something wrong. Something so huge I can’t even see it, something that’s drowning me.
I am inadequate and stupid, without worth. I might as well be dead."

dw | dd | kh
Old 12-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT

looks like its going to be a funny episode

Old 12-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I loved this episode. Very funny and I loved to see most of the family together.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:54 PM
Moderator Manager

A much better ep for me than last week's.

I like the SL of Jay & Phil the most. I was irked because Jay was being all-knowing about Phil's car purchase (for Haley) but it worked itself out in the end. He is the better man when it comes to things like this.

The whole Cam/Mitch/Gloria/Claire/Haley night out was hilarious. For a while I thought Claire was a bit jealous of the closeness between Haley & Gloria and then she agreed to the tattoo as long as she was doing it with Haley. Gloria really nailed that. And the whole "we're too old to be cool" from Mitch & Cam was hilarious too, especially Mitch's dancing in the end. LAUGH OUT LOUD. I can't believe Claire got a tattoo! But Haley's priceless reaction when she saw the car was worth it.

My least fave SL is the one with Luke/Manny/Alex/Lily. It's like they didn't know what to write for these 4 characters when they're together in one house.

"I have done something wrong. Something so huge I can’t even see it, something that’s drowning me.

dw | dd | kh
Old 12-14-2014, 10:49 AM
Communications Team

This was a good episode!

I agree with you Lindz, that the kids could have had scope for a great story, but they came up with a vanilla storyline for them which is a shame.#

I love that Claire and Haley were getting on so well and love that Haley celebrated with her family. I was really taken back when Claire was up for the tattoo and glad she went through with it anyway - showed her fun side!

Cam and Mitch were cute in the episode - they realised how old they are now and can't mingle with the kids

Jay and Phil's story was also my favourite. I loved that Phil and the salesman discussing it over the honk
Old 12-15-2014, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

the kids' storyline really wasn't much but I loved it when Lily went to Alex and asked "Are you a nerd?"

Gloria was pretty mean, giving Haley all those crazy ideas what they should get not just tattoos but "they also have piercing!" xD she didn't wanna stop.
I knew Haley wouldn't go through with the tattoo. poor Claire "it's gonna look like I did this for my mother and then I'm gonna have to saw my leg off"
it was pretty funny that she was the one trying to make Haley get a tattoo then

Jay and Phil were great too I'm totally like Phil when it comes to buying something bigger. I don't ask anything, nor try to go down the price just accept everything as it is it took a really long time but I'm glad Jay'd managed to get the better deal
icon by me
Old 12-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Moderator Manager

I think Gloria was purposely trying to rattle Claire and the tattoo suggestion was icing on the cake. I too knew that Haley wasn't going to go through with it.

I am a lot like Phil too when I buy things. I don't bargain well and to think I am in sales and I know how these agents work.

dw | dd | kh
Old 12-17-2014, 01:56 PM
Communications Team

I don't know if Gloria was doing it on purpose...but she seemed excited to get Claire and Haley closer