Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2014, 05:25 AM
Moderator Manager

6x06 - "Awesomeland" Episode Discussion

“Awesomeland” – Phil takes over Halloween decorating duties from Claire. Jay is upset when he wants to dress up as Prince Charming but Gloria buys him a Shrek costume. Mitchell has a problem in court with the stenographer working in a scary costume. “Modern Family,” WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 29 (9:00-9:30 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

“Modern Family” stars Ed O’Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sofia Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

“Awesomeland” was written by Paul Corrigan, Paul Corrigan, Abraham Higginbotham and Brad Walsh and directed by Gail Mancuso

SNEAK PEEK:

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

Good episode and I really loved Claire's idea on how to decorate the house for Halloween.

Old 10-30-2014, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for starting

I'm not sure if I'll watch it now or during the weekend

i love you. ♡
Old 10-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This was such a good episode! I always love the halloween ones.

I love Cam and Lily's story and Cam not being able to find Lily when she was dressed as Wally! And Mitch in the courtroom was cool, I loved him explaining to Lily all the things Cam did for her.

The neighbours are back! They are gonna be trouble I reckon. But I loved that Claire let Phil have his idea back this time. Awesomeland was cool.

Jay with hair, bless him. I predicted Gloria would be the one to tell him he didn't need hair to be sexy and all that
Old 10-31-2014, 02:42 AM
Moderator Manager

Funny ep and I love the Halloween eps of this show although I was kind of hoping the family will be all together in the end.

I thought the costumes were fantastic. Too bad Mitch didn't have a proper costume. LOL at Cam not being able to find Waldo. Also, Mitch's "closing" at the end of the ep. I was surprised to see him scold Lily for not appreciating the things Cam did.

I'm a bit disappointed with Claire letting her competitive side win over what Phil wanted. I know Halloween is a big deal for Claire but I was hoping she'd set aside her differences with their new neighbors this time around and let Phil handle Halloween. Even so, it sort of worked out in the end with them going for Phil's "Awesomeland" theme after their neighbors tricked them. I thought this was an ok SL but not really my fave.

This will be last because while the SL is just okay, I absolutely loved Jay loving his faux hair. Ed gave me the LOLs in this ep. And he was right, why does he have to be the Ogre when Gloria is Princess Fiona? He looked panicked when he lost his wig but it worked out well in the end with Gloria telling him wig or not, Jay will always look sexy to her.

Can we get a Christmas ep this December?

Old 10-31-2014, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm a bit disappointed with Claire letting her competitive side win over what Phil wanted. I know Halloween is a big deal for Claire but I was hoping she'd set aside her differences with their new neighbors this time around and let Phil handle Halloween. Even so, it sort of worked out in the end with them going for Phil's "Awesomeland" theme after their neighbors tricked them. I thought this was an ok SL but not really my fave.
I wish the issue was dealt with a bit better...the problem of Claire valuing others opinions over Phiils kind of...went away

Loved Cam constantly losing Lily in the Waldo costume
Old 10-31-2014, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love Halloween eps too and this was no exception the Dunphys always think of something fun. yeah, it's too bad Claire let her competitive side win again and changed Phil's plans for Halloween..but at last she had to settle for the original Awesomeland xd Haley's wisdom again: bless "Sexy people go crazy too, you know. Read in People magazine."
and the costumes they were so great, I LOVED Alex's especially cause I love Working Girl that wig was exactly like Melanie Griffith's hair then

poor Cam being unable to find Waldo "No, Lily, wait! *disappears* Well, she's gone forever" :'D

plus Jay being so desperate about the hair thing that he was even willing to take advice from a guy dressed up as a doctor xD
aw, man, great episode indeed

Old 10-31-2014, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really enjoyed this episode. It was such an improvement from last weeks episode and I'll write down more thoughts tomorrow when I'm awake

i love you. ♡
Old 11-01-2014, 05:22 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
poor Cam being unable to find Waldo "No, Lily, wait! *disappears* Well, she's gone forever" :'D
LOL on Cam.

Quote:
plus Jay being so desperate about the hair thing that he was even willing to take advice from a guy dressed up as a doctor xD
Yeah, he was that worried over his wig.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
I wish the issue was dealt with a bit better...the problem of Claire valuing others opinions over Phiils kind of...went away

Loved Cam constantly losing Lily in the Waldo costume
Yeah I guess it wasn't really solved because she only sorted it when she found out about the neighbours little trick.

Cam always losing Lily and getting Mitch to find her was brilliant