Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2014, 12:11 AM
Moderator Manager

6x03 - "The Cold" Episode Discussion

“The Cold” – Phil is putting together Mitch and Cam’s wedding video for a special family screening, but when the footage reveals that he is responsible for a horrible cold that has plagued the family, he must do some creative editing. Jay and Gloria have different ways of helping Manny cope with the stresses of high school football, while coach Cam struggles between whether or not to bench him. And, Mitchell gets strangely competitive with Lily’s new friend, Sydney, who is clearly a genius. “Modern Family,” WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 8 (9:00-9:30 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

“Modern Family” stars Ed O’Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sofia Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

“The Cold” was written by Rick Weiner and Kenny Schwartz and directed by Jim Hensz

SNEAK PEEK: Modern Family - Episode 6.03 - The Cold - Sneak Peek | Spoilers

"I have done something wrong. Something so huge I can’t even see it, something that’s drowning me.
I am inadequate and stupid, without worth. I might as well be dead."

dw | dd | kh
Old 10-08-2014, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

Yay tonight's a new episode!!!

Old 10-08-2014, 08:27 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

thanks for starting

can't wait for it
Old 10-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm hoping I'll be able to stay up and watch

Old 10-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Communications Team

Yes! Creative video, I can't wait
Old 10-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

this ep looks great!!
Old 10-09-2014, 02:26 AM
Moderator Manager

Hilarious ep! I was worried that I wasn't going to like it but I did.

My favorite SL was the Jay/Gloria/Manny/Cam one. It's always hard to tell the truth especially when that person is family and I can relate to Cam. In the end, it resolved itself quite well with Manny admitting that he doesn't want to disappoint Gloria most of all because Jay knows that he's terrible at sports. So a lot of the pressure comes from her and not from Jay. Although I do think at one point, Jay also believes in Manny and has faith in him which is win-win all around.

I gotta give props to Julie Bowen. She's A+ on physical comedy and this ep is another reason to note why she keeps getting nominated and winning that Emmy. We all know how much of a supermom Claire is and of course she was no less that way at work too. I would've stayed in bed and rested.

LOL on Phil trying to edit the Mitch/Cam wedding video so the family doesn't know that he is the cause of the cold that is currently plaguing his wife! Of course Luke was on-hand to help out. The edited vid they did later was soooo funny! He was saved by Lily in the end. Phil got out of that one.

Funny SL too with Mitch/Lily/Sydney. I have to say that girl who played Sydney is so cute & pretty! We all know how competitive Mitch can be and when he finally realizes that Sydney was outplaying and outsmarting Lily, his inner 'father' figure comes to the fore and I loved it.

Lastly, Haley & Andy! At first I didn't like how Andy was getting cocky with Haley about the kiss but of course he was right. Haley's face in the end after that kiss was priceless. We ought to see more of Andy soon I hope!

"I have done something wrong. Something so huge I can’t even see it, something that’s drowning me.

dw | dd | kh
Old 10-09-2014, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

Phil and Luke's edited video good God I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time it's too bad the others didn't get to see it after all xD they were too much disgusted by seeing themselves in the video, except for Gloria of course

and Claire, ohh where do I even begin?

Julie shined in this episode, I love her so much <3

the dinner scene was another great one with Gloria not letting Cam sit at the table and all
icon by me
Old 10-09-2014, 07:28 AM
New Fan

Amazing episode it felt like one of those season 1 episodes and so many laughs that Ilost count.
Gloria benching ccan and Mitch's reaction to that also when jay says we are blaming can and him banging the table was so funny
Julia bowen is the queen of physical comedy I loved how she repeated mitchs toughie toughie super girl line
And Haley and Andy that was awesome agreed he seemed a little arrogant in the start but he was actually tellingg the truth ha! Haley's reaction to the kiss was priceless she wanted to prove him wrong but was gasping for breath . I do believe Andywas affected but acted like it was nothing to avoid the awkwardness he totally thinks he's out of her league so adorable!
Lily is so funny too
The episode was so crammed with jokes that I might be forgetting a few things gotta rewatch finally I hope MF keeps churning out these awesome episodes.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:28 AM
Master Fan

I laughed through the whole thing. Loved Claire trying to be the tough one that everyone knows. She was hilarious.

Manny pointing out that it is his not wanting to disappoint Gloria that is giving him nerves was great. Cam being benched to the other table was great.

Phil's edited video LOL

Haley and Andy kissing was sweet and her face after it was priceless.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I think that this epi was my fav of the season and the season has just begun. I loved everything about it. It was so much fun
Old 10-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Communications Team

I agree with so much with what was being said. Haley and Andy OWN me. I was so happy to see Andy and I loved how he was still talking to joe throughout that scene. When they kissed, Haley's reaction was like mine. I loved it!! I never realised how much I'd fall for them.

Phil and Luke's attempt to edit out his mistake was funny! I loved Phil's attempts to not go through with it and then Lily pulling him aside was great!

Lily's story with Sydney was also great. Poor mitch got so competitive!!

This one was really funny that it was hard to pinpoint jokes that I particularly liked. Loved it a lot though
Old 10-09-2014, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Phil and Luke's attempt to edit out his mistake was funny!
Yes, Phil's amazing edits as bad as making a gif with a spelling mistake.
Quote:
Haley and Andy kissing was sweet and her face after it was priceless.
he tried to tell her
Quote:
they were too much disgusted by seeing themselves in the video, except for Gloria of course
as soon as you saw her, it's like 'she can't feel bad about that!'
Quote:
Julie shined in this episode, I love her so much <3
I believed that she had a cold well, the plague, really.
Change for someone else
visitK-POP vote
- fanart - icon - twitter - tumblr
- Dave -
Old 10-10-2014, 06:14 AM
Moderator Manager

I hope there's a YT vid somewhere of that edited vid of Phil's. It was so bad that it's hilarious.

LOL yes, everyone was disgusted at themselves in the video except Gloria of course.

OMG that gif of Julie Bowen is A+. Julie is the queen of physical comedy and she proves once again in this ep why she is.

Gloria 'benching' Cam was hilarious and also Cam's reaction to it.

dw | dd | kh