Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-24-2014, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

5x20 - "Australia" Episode Discussion

Quote:
THE PRITCHETT-DUNPHY-TUCKER CLAN ARE OFF ON ANOTHER FAMILY VACATION AND THIS TIME THEY GO TO THE LAND DOWN UNDER, ON ABC’S “MODERN FAMILY”

Rhys Darby (“Flight of the Conchords”) Guest Stars as Fergus

“Australia” – The entire family tags along as Phil fulfills his mom’s wish for him to return to his roots and visit the country where he was conceived, Australia. Unfortunately, Phil’s attempts to embrace his native land are met by a lot of rejection, while Jay and Claire let work eat into vacation time, and Mitch and Cam get reacquainted with an old friend (guest star Rhys Darby) they can’t stand but is now a big-time celebrity in Australia, on “Modern Family,” WEDNESDAY, APRIL 23 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

“Modern Family” stars Ed O’Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sofia Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Rhys Darby as Fergus, Zack Tyerman as Lifeguard, Kirstie Hutton as Woman Fan, Marissa Wynne as Erica (Bondi Babe), Steve Cox as Cab Driver, Ray Blackett as Tough Biker, Peter Phelps as Wise Australian, Mark Coles Smith as Koora and Jye Williams as Hot Aussie Guy.

“Australia” was written by Elaine Ko & Danny Zuker, and directed by Steven Levitan.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 04-25-2014, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What a great episode! So much happened!

I really loved the claire/jay and phil/gloria scenes. It in a way was sad to see Claire and Phil really butting heads but it was important for Jay to teach Claire not to waste time working and forgetting family (I'll talk about this more in the respective threads). Lily was really funny with Haley and Alex, and Haley trying to teach Lily about waiting for the right thing. As for Luke/Manny it was nice they could hang together though them wanting to see naked girls was a bit of a steep change. Mitch and Cam had a nice story with a awesome guest star appearance (Rhys Derby).
Old 04-26-2014, 05:05 AM
Moderator Manager

The only SLs that stood out for me were the adult stories. I can't get myself into Haley/Alex and Manny/Luke. Lily was adorable though and funny as always.

Had a fit of laughter with Cam & Mitch's SL the most. I love the end montage with the Dunphys climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge and everything else that followed which looked like a real home video.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

The montage at the end of the episode was so beautiful It felt like it was all outtakes, not that it was them acting, I'd like to believe so cause they all get along so well!
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 04-27-2014, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I have to agree! I like that they could just put loads of scenes of them having fun and it all felt so natural. It did look like a home video.