Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

5x17 - "Other People's Children" Episode Discussion

Quote:
Episode 5.17 - Other People's Children

EVERYONE BREAKS OFF TO A MALL EXCURSION, A DAY OF WOODSHOP IN THE GARAGE AND A TRIP TO THE MUSEUM, ON ABC’S “MODERN FAMILY”

Guest Star Adam DeVine (“Workaholics,” “Pitch Perfect”) Returns

“Other People’s Children” – It’s male-bonding day when Jay takes Luke into the garage to show him the way around tools and impart some manly wisdom, and Gloria goes with Claire and Lily to shop for Lily’s flower girl dress. Elsewhere, Mitch, Cam, Alex and Manny go for a cultured day at the museum but it eventually becomes survival of the smartest. And Phil enthusiastically offers to help Andy with his anniversary gift to his girlfriend, which is an elaborate video expression of his love, on “Modern Family,” WEDNESDAY, MARCH 12 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

“Modern Family” stars Ed O’Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sofia Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Adam DeVine as Andy, Alicia Martino as Museum Employee and Adam Hagenbuch as Scott.

“Other People’s Children” was written by Megan Ganz and directed by Jim Hensz.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 03-13-2014, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha the preview image is making me excited for this one!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved this episode! It felt quite different to what we've had so far, about hobbies, interests, and also personal attributes.

We had Jay and Luke bonding, and I like that Jay realised that Manny came "gift wrapped" to him, so that he couldn't impart his wisdom to him but its great he can do that with Luke. Luke is growing up fast and wants to acquire skills and it was nice that Jay decided not to let him drink the beer to leave that to Phil.

Gloria and Claire took Lily shopping and I thought it was really sweet that Lily did not want the white dress and they realised they couldn't force her. It makes the wedding all the more special and different. I like that Gloria encouraged Claire to just wear the dress and feel beautiful and Claire reluctantly had a little twirl. She looked beautiful!

I like Andy! I thought Phil getting him to make that video was funny and cute, and Haley ended up falling for him a bit. Obviously what Andy said got to her when she realised her date was a dud. Maybe it will help her standards.

I thought it was really cool to see Mitch, Cam, Alex and Manny together at the art. I thought oh they would all get on so well, and it was hilarious that they all felt dumb and Alex was actually dumbing it down for them The end was brilliant. I knew it was building up to them talking about something and it was brilliant that it was about Alex having mustard on her
Old 03-16-2014, 06:39 AM
Moderator Manager

I thought this ep was really good. It had some laughs for me but overall I still enjoyed it.

I like the whole Phil/Andy bonding and the vibes Andy/Haley are throwing off. I'm still TeamDylan though.

Love the Luke & Jay bonding.

I also enjoyed Claire & Gloria taking Lily to the mall to look for her dress at Mitch & Cam's wedding. And Claire wearing that wedding dress is making my heart skip a beat.

Hilarious bit too with Cam/Mitch/Manny/Alex. I kind of figured out Cam faking it all but didn't know Mitch & Manny were too.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes I liked that all of them were just trying to fake it to Alex and pretend they were smarter than they actually are