Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-26-2014, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

5x15 - "The Feud" Episode Discussion

This is the first of two episodes that Ryan directed this season, she's so excited!

Quote:
GIL THORPE PUSHES ALL OF PHIL’S BUTTONS AND THEN SOME, ON ABC’S “MODERN FAMILY”

Rob Riggle (“The Daily Show”) Returns as Gil Thorpe

“The Feud” – Phil is upset to have lost his elected office of social chair to his nemesis Gil Thorpe, and when he finds out Luke is competing against Gil’s kid in a wrestling match, it becomes his own personal battle. Claire is nervous for a big client meeting but things get extra hairy when Mitch and Cam ask her to pick up Lily from school and conveniently leave out the fact that her class just had a lice scare. Elsewhere, Gloria chaperones Manny’s school field trip to the museum, on “Modern Family,” WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 26 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

“Modern Family” stars Ed O’Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sofia Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Rob Riggle as Gil Thorpe, John Heard as Gunther Thorpe, Edith Fields as Elderly Woman, Jake Hendrickson as Another Kid aka Giggles, Sonari Jo as Kid aka Mumbles, Austin Michael Coleman as Yet Another Kid, Rib Hillis as Jim Perlowe, Rachel Axelrod as Mom #1, Alyssa Preston as Frumpy-Looking Mom, Rider Joe Bucaro as Gil Jr., Chloe O’Shannon as Waitress, Chelsea Harris as Receptionist and Zachary Conneen as Miller.

“The Feud,” story by Christopher Lloyd and teleplay by Dan O’Shannon. Directed by Ryan Case.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 02-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening!

Finally a brand new ep!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

It's been so looooooong!
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 02-26-2014, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved Sochi but its so great to have the show back! Thanks for opening Caro
Old 03-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry to double post.

I loved this episode! I like how Phil and Jay could bond over their hatred for Gil Thorpe and his dad and how they turned this into a competition. Of course Luke couldn't win and he started hurting Gil's son and people thought he was trying to save him when really that wasn't the case!

I liked Cam and Mitch's story. They acted a bit selfish not to tell Claire about the lice because of their prior appointment and Julie and Aubrey got the chance to shine in this episode with physical comedy. I also loved the end of Phil getting Lily to climb onto Gil!

We got a nice sister moment too trying to help each other in the basement! And Manny feeling self conscious. It led to a greater bonding between her and Gloria. I think they will always be close.