Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

5x13 - "Three Dinners" Episode Discussion

Quote:
DINNER TIME DOES NOT NECESSARILY EQUAL QUALITY TIME, ON ABC’S “MODERN FAMILY”

Chazz Palminteri (“The Usual Suspects”) and Jennifer Tilly (“The Fabulous Baker Boys”) Reprise Thiers Roles as Shorty and Darlene

“Three Dinners” – Phil and Claire take Haley out to dinner to discuss her future, but Haley manages to turn the tables. Elsewhere, Jay’s friend Shorty and wife Darlene are back visiting, and they have some news that doesn’t sit well with Jay. And, Mitch and Cam decide to have a nice, romantic dinner date where they don’t talk about the wedding or about Lily, which then leads to a lot of awkward silences, on “Modern Family,” WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 22 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

“Modern Family” stars Ed O’Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sofia Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Chazz Palminteri as Shorty, Jennifer Tilly as Darlene, Tony Cavalero as Brian, Eddie McClintock as Brandon and Leslie Grossman as Katie.

“Three Dinners” was written by Abraham Higginbotham, Steven Levitan & Jeffrey Richman, and directed by Steven Levitan.

Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 01-23-2014, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

I liked last night's episode. felt like nothing special happened, but I really loved that final scene between Jay and Shorty
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 01-24-2014, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought it was a sweet episode. Quite interesting.

Haley - I like that it spotlighted her on future careers. Loved the beginning scene of her doing "selfies" Typical Sarah actually! And then she reveals her future plans and I am so happy for her, she's actually got a great plan!

Mitch and Cam
- Their storyline was cute, meeting that couple that was basically them! It was great that they tried not to talk about Lily or the wedding and how hard they found it! The proposal went all wrong though

Jay and Shorty
- that was emotional! I loved seeing Shorty and Darlene again. I hope we still see Shorty around. They really have been through alot.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:43 AM
Moderator Manager

I agree, nothing special happened but I still loved the ep. No Alex & Luke though.

My least fave SL of all was between Haley/Phil/Claire. I know that they were trying to school Haley but I didn't like how it all became Haley schooling them in the end.

I had a hoot with the Mitch/Cam SL. Mitch's speech about Cam to the couple was so full of love. I guess now we have a month for the wedding and it's safe to say that it will be the S5 finale?

And my favorite SL of all was the one of Jay & Shorty. I can actually relate. I have a tendency to be like Jay when I find that people leave me for good. And they were best friends too, they have been a part of each other's life for so long so it was understandable for Jay to feel a lil selfish. Oh and I love Mitch's full name.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're like Jay in that sense? I see Poor Jay, I think he will really miss him and I hope we still see Shorty and Darlene.