Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Moderator Manager

5x10 - "The Old Man & The Tree" Episode Discussion

“The Old Man & The Tree” – Jay takes Manny out to cut down their own Christmas tree, and Gloria is on edge with mom in town, but changes her tune when she sees her bonding with Claire. Elsewhere, Mitchell is forced to do last minute shopping when they didn’t get Lily the right gift, and Cameron takes Lily to a charity event where they experience the true meaning of Christmas, on “Modern Family,” WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 11 (9:00-9:30 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

“Modern Family” stars Ed O’Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sofia Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

“The Old Man & The Tree” was written by Paul Corrigan & Brad Walsh and directed by Bryan Cranston.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A christmas one!
Old 12-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread! A Christmas episode and the last one of 2013!
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 12-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't believe its almost the winter hiatus
Old 12-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

I loved this episode!!!!!!! I think that with the premiere and "The Late Show", they are my favorite of the season
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 12-13-2013, 12:21 AM
Moderator Manager

I thought this episode was good, I loved the ending the most. I like it when everyone is together especially for a holiday ep like this.

I thought all the SLs were very important. The whole thing with Mitch/Cam/Lily charity was hilarious! Lily was so precious giving that toy away. Because it's true. They were well off and she can get it anyway seeing as her dads give all what she wants. It made me teary-eyed.

The Manny/Jay SL was funny too, especially when they can't seem to get the tree to fall down inspite of having the right tools. I loved Ed's "physical" humor here, he was the one driving that SUV that was attached to that tree.

Phil was super funny too. I like that Luke was there as motivation for him. And yay that Dylan is back even for just a short while. I though the whole Luke-Dylan-Phil thing was perfect because I see a lot of similarities with these 3 especially the dorkiness.

And Claire missing Dede. It was great to see Gloria's mom back and how jealous she was when Claire was hitting it off well with her. Great life lesson in the end.

Lastly, I love the sisters. I love that Haley is more loving and sweet of Alex lately. I thought they both looked cute in those Christmas costumes. LOL'd when the kids broke down that 'house' because Santa went missing.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What a great episode!! It made me cry! With Claire feeling left out and Lily giving her toy away to help the kid. I loved the sisters moment too, I can't believe Santa left. Also jay and Manny bonding
Old 12-14-2013, 04:13 AM
LDF
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I thought this episode was good, I loved the ending the most. I like it when everyone is together especially for a holiday ep like this.

I thought all the SLs were very important. The whole thing with Mitch/Cam/Lily charity was hilarious! Lily was so precious giving that toy away. Because it's true. They were well off and she can get it anyway seeing as her dads give all what she wants. It made me teary-eyed.

The Manny/Jay SL was funny too, especially when they can't seem to get the tree to fall down inspite of having the right tools. I loved Ed's "physical" humor here, he was the one driving that SUV that was attached to that tree.

Phil was super funny too. I like that Luke was there as motivation for him. And yay that Dylan is back even for just a short while. I though the whole Luke-Dylan-Phil thing was perfect because I see a lot of similarities with these 3 especially the dorkiness.

And Claire missing Dede. It was great to see Gloria's mom back and how jealous she was when Claire was hitting it off well with her. Great life lesson in the end.

Lastly, I love the sisters. I love that Haley is more loving and sweet of Alex lately. I thought they both looked cute in those Christmas costumes. LOL'd when the kids broke down that 'house' because Santa went missing.
I totally agree with your comment! Especially the Phil-Luke-Dylan SL, it was hilarious They have so much in common... I bet their minds are in another universe...
I also loved the sister's part, when they were invaded by all those children it was like being in a horror movie.

I hope I don't miss Modern Family so much 'till they come on stage again!
Old 12-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At least the S4 dvd is out now, I need to rewatch it!
Old 12-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok this Christmas episode had me laughing out loud
Old 12-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah that's good. It was definitely a nice ep to end the season for its hiatus