Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2013, 07:42 AM
Moderator Manager

5x06 - "The Help" Episode Discussion

When Gloria hires a too-good-to-be-true male nanny (guest star Adam DeVine), Jay and Manny are pretty much dead set against it. Frank (guest star Fred Willard) is in town and feeling a bit lonely recently, so Phil and Jay take him out to help get his groove back. And, Mitch and Cam commission Pepper (guest star Nathan Lane) to plan their dream wedding, but Pepper might be dreaming a little too big, on “Modern Family,” WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 23 (9:00-9:30 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

“Modern Family” stars Ed O’Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sofia Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Nathan Lane as Pepper Saltzman, Fred Willard as Frank Dunphy, Adam DeVine as Andy, Christian Barillas as Ronaldo, Peri Gilpin as Jeannie, Catherine Christensen as Joan, Makeli Leonard as Little Girl, Renee Albert as Marcy and Gretchen German as Kathy.

“The Help” was written by Danny Zuker and directed by Jim Hensz.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow you were quick to get this up!
Old 10-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread Linds! I'm so excited for this episode! Adam Devine and Nathan Lane guest? I'm in!!!
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 10-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Moderator Manager

Not my favorite ep but it was okay and I still found some things funny.

I'm glad that Pepper (and Frank) is back! He is even more a drama queen than Cam. How crazy are his suggestions? And Ronaldo is a hoot as well. I love all his ideas about the wedding. I didn't see that he would be in love with Pepper and I was kind of hoping he'd go into his own business because he was indeed amazing but I guess the bottom line is Pepper's happiness. That end part with Lily was HILARIOUS.

I think Andy was awesome! Adam Devine was a hoot. I do think he's a good fit for the family even if Jay doesn't think so. Yes he has some boundary issues but he's good and likeable. I think it may be a one time thing (Adam's guesting) but I'd love to see him back. Stella and Joe was cute in this ep. The full Pritchett family is present in this ep.

And Frank in this ep. I wanted the whole Phil/Jay/Frank bonding to be longer though. Jay can't pick up a woman properly. And I can't believe Frank went home with a prostitute. I wanted Phil & Frank to keep their secret from Claire though, I was rooting for them but nothing can get past Claire. If anything, I think Phil helped Frank gain back his confidence. One of the reasons why I love this show is the heart. And this SL is definitely the heart of this ep.

Sidenote (to Theresa): Haha, yeah I had this open early. I do episode discussions on D.A. pretty early too, I'm used to it.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:44 AM
Loyal Fan

deleted

Last edited by StarryFlower; 04-04-2014 at 09:01 AM
Old 10-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

good episode. I love this show.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Seems like there are a lot of mixed opinions to this episode.

I really liked it.

I love that there is a lot of tension, excitement between Mitch and Cam. Of course they both have strong opinions on their wedding but Pepper takes everything personally. I liked ronaldo too! He had great ideas too.

I loved Andy! I thought he was really likeable, he reminded me of Phil. Of course the story is very much like Friends but I think it was important to detract from their story. And Jay obviously saw that he could help their relationship so gives him a chance. Strange that manny would be against the idea too.

Not much kids in this, aside from the girls arguing and a few with Luke. Lily once again stole the episode at the end

Great to see Frank too. Glad that he went out with the boys but a prostitute! I was cringing when Claire tried to talk to her thinking that she was a therapist.