Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

5x05 - "The Late Show" Episode Discussion

Quote:
IT’S A RAT RACE AGAINST THE CLOCK TO MAKE

A FAMILY DINNER RESERVATION, ON ABC’S “MODERN FAMILY”

“The Late Show” – Jay pulled a lot of strings to get reservations at the hottest new restaurant for a family adult’s night out. Unfortunately, in each household everyone is running late – Gloria is taking forever to get ready per usual, Claire and Phil get in a tiff about letting Luke stay home alone, and Mitch and Cam end up putting on the same outfit, on “Modern Family,” WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 16 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

“Modern Family” stars Ed O’Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sofia Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Jessalyn Wanlim as Fiona.

“The Late Show” was written by Abraham Higginbotham and directed by Beth McCarthy Miller.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 10-16-2013, 11:50 PM
Moderator Manager

I love the ep! I saw a BTS of this ep and I was wondering why they all look a bit fancy (especially Gloria) if they were only eating tacos.

I think this ep has a lot of similarities to Manny's birthday ep in that everyone is rushing to go somewhere. Admittedly (at first), I thought the SL of Phil/Claire was the weakest. And then towards the end, it all made sense. I felt bad for Mitch/Cam fighting but it was still hilarious. They know each other so well. Gloria is crazy! She called Haley "Helly". She reminds me a bit of myself actually, I take lots of time on what to wear. Sometimes I change 3x.

Kids were cute in this ep, especially Alex/Lily. I would have preferred to see the make-up of Alex though. Also, it felt out of place for me for Luke to still be playing. I know he's still a kid at heart but he's a teenager now. I was even thinking he'd invite some friends over the minute his parents are gone.

Can I also say that I love Jay drunk? YES. Also, a lot of physical comedies in this ep c/o Phil, Luke & Cam.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 10-16-2013 at 11:57 PM
Old 10-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

I really enjoy this episode more than in lately episodes since it bored me to death, but not this one.. I really love every scenes so far...

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 10-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
I really enjoy this episode more than in lately episodes since it bored me to death, but not this one.. I really love every scenes so far...
What bored you to death?

I thought this episode had a s1 feel and Lindz you're right, very similar to that episode. I thought Lily stole the show for me. She's such a natural, and Alex kept trying to educate her. Lily can show her how to loosen up! I thought the P/C scenes were great. Claire finally realising that phil went through all this trouble for her. Jay, poor Jay, having to wait for everyone! And in the end getting tacos! And M/C I always love their fights. I can't believe Mitch finally admitted to shaking the can.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

THE ENDING OMG THE ENDIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG

I was like "is this the musical episode???" It just felt so special
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 10-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know! The whole scene of all the adults singing was so good
Old 10-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Moderator Manager

I love the ending. It's a perfect way to just spend with the family and Claire & Jay singing was the best. Drunk!Jay is a hoot! And Phil in that tight suit.

Btw, can I start the next ep discussion (perhaps tomorrow)? I'm on leave so I'll have plenty of online time tomorrow.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I see you already opened it. Its no problem, I was just surprised to see it up so early
Old 11-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I love the ending. It's a perfect way to just spend with the family and Claire & Jay singing was the best. Drunk!Jay is a hoot! And Phil in that tight suit.
When they started singing I couldn't believe my eyes... Or my ears It was one of my favorite moemnts ever