Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

5x03 - "Larry's Wife" Episode Discussion

Quote:
ONLY WITH CAM WILL A LITTLE WHITE LIE TURN INTO A FULLY FLESHED OUT PET FUNERAL, ON ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY"

"Larry's Wife" - Phil seems to have found his wheelhouse in real estate - recently divorced women - but it's taking up a lot of his time. Meanwhile, Luke invites his buddies over for a high-stakes poker game in the basement; Gloria think baby Joe might be cursed; and Cam holds an elaborate pet funeral for Larry the cat's made-up wife -- all for Lily's sake -- on "Modern Family," WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Modern Family" stars Ed O'Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sofia Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Reid Ewing as Dylan, Amy Yasbeck as Lorraine, Diane Farr as Diane, Spenser McNeil as Reuben, John McLean Allan as Angus, Efrain Figueroa as Father Marquez, Austin Michael Coleman as Matt, Michael Chey as Fred, Tyler Ritter as Randall, Zayne Emory as Terry, Beckett Konstantine as Tyler and Stacie Greenwell as Veronica.

"Larry's Wife" was written by Bill Wrubel and directed by Jeffrey Walker.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 10-03-2013, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

good episode.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Loyal Fan

I liked this episode.

Can't believe Gloria called a priest on Joe
Old 10-04-2013, 12:27 AM
Moderator Manager

S5 is starting to be a great season. I really like this ep.

My favorite is the SL of Cam/Mitch/Lily. This is so classic Cam, making up stories for Lily. And Mitch being OC about germs/dust. I remember that episode where Cam refused to clean the house and Mitch was itching to clean it up but was trying to prove a point so he didn't clean it, until the adopting agency came and saw the mess. And that whole elaborate funeral for Larry's 'wife' was hilarious. It also reminded me of the time in S1 with the gardener and Cam 'sponsored' a wedding. Brilliant! And also DYLAN IS BACK and I didn't know so I'M SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY. He's still dumb and adorable.

I also love the story of Jay/Manny bonding and Gloria calling on a priest because she thought Joe is possessed. It's all great developments of what their character is/are. The Jay/Manny bonding moment reminded me of S1 again when they went to the movies and Manny saw a horror movie (accidentally) and was freaking out ever since so Jay invited over his 'actor' friend. And we all know how superstitious Gloria can be so this was typical behavior from her which is hilarious!

I also love how Phil juggled all those ladies and that scene in the grocery was hilarious! You can even see Claire on the background watching and I think eating something while she watches her husband get in trouble with all these women. I love Claire for butting in and you can evidently see Phil's guilty face. It was hilarious to watch, Ty & Julie nailed it.

The most separate and forgettable storyline for me were the Dunphy kids. I didn't see anything relevant with their story.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 10-04-2013 at 12:56 AM
Old 10-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have mixed feelings about this episode.

I didn't like that we didn't see much of the kids - their story might have been good if we saw the kids playing poker or interacting instead of seeing the result. Gloria's storyline was a bit blah but it did link well to Manny and Jay's story about them standing up to people, and I loved Manny showing some courage at the cinema.

The Phil storyline was my favourite. He does tend to be overly friendly and that was Claire's main point, but he just didn't get it so I was glad she could catch him in the act and all whilst she spoke to the women, he knew he was in trouble

Really liking the interaction between Mitch and Cam and how they realised they perhaps needed to work together on planning the wedding. It was great how Cam took Larry's "wife" too far and made a mess, and I was glad to see Dylan! I also thought Mitch had his burdens to "let go of" as highlighted by the obsessive cleaning.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Loyal Fan

deleted

Last edited by StarryFlower; 04-04-2014 at 09:02 AM
Old 10-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you agree with me, so it wasn't just me!

I love that Cam and Mitch interact with Dylan quite a bit - even when he's not with Haley! And trust Dylan to make more mayhem.