Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

4x22 - "My Hero" Episode Discussion

Quote:
A DAY AT THE ROLLER RINK WILL BRING OUT SOME CHILD-LIKE BEHAVIOR, ON ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY"

"My Hero" - Mitch's ex-boyfriend, Teddy, a very personable and successful doctor, invites the whole family to a fundraising event at the local roller rink, and they all run circles around each other as Cam tries to play it cool around Teddy, Claire avoids talking to Jay about inheriting his closet business, Phil teaches Gloria how to skate in spectacular fashion, Haley helps Alex talk to some cute boys, and amidst all the chaos Manny and Luke try to figure out whom they'll pick in their family for their "My Hero" essay assignment, on "Modern Family," WEDNESDAY, MAY 8 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Modern Family" stars Ed O'Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sofia Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Larry Sullivan as Teddy, Lex Medlin as Jeff, Zac Goodspeed as Blake, Zack Roosa as Max and Cherinda Kincherlow as employee.

"My Hero" was written by Abraham Higginbotham and directed by Gail Mancuso.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 05-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks! Don't forget to add it to the OP. I had to go and update a few of the recent episodes.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Aw, sweet episode. Phil is always my hero on the show.

I actually thought Claire was going to go back to the roller rink to work. Good thing she talked with her dad again.

Phil and Gloria at the end.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

I really enjoy this episode than last week plus everything in this episode was funny..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 05-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What a great strong episode! I loved the Teddy dynamics, Cam being jealous about Teddy and thinking he was taking his family from him. Glad Mitch did his best to show him that wasn't true and Jay's talk with Cam definitely helped!

Loved the story with Haley and Alex, Haley showing a bit of smarts when she dragged Alex away saying the boy was too dumb for her anyway And it was nice moment to have her helping Alex.

Manny's story was good for being central around the whole episode, saying his whole family were heroes, and ultimately failing his assignment.

I absolutely loved Phil and Gloria bonding and Phil embarassing himself to help her learn how to skate.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by misst89 (View Post)
What a great strong episode! I loved the Teddy dynamics, Cam being jealous about Teddy and thinking he was taking his family from him. Glad Mitch did his best to show him that wasn't true and Jay's talk with Cam definitely helped!

Loved the story with Haley and Alex, Haley showing a bit of smarts when she dragged Alex away saying the boy was too dumb for her anyway And it was nice moment to have her helping Alex.

Manny's story was good for being central around the whole episode, saying his whole family were heroes, and ultimately failing his assignment.

I absolutely loved Phil and Gloria bonding and Phil embarassing himself to help her learn how to skate.
I liked the bonding moments too. You never really see Jay and Cam bond or Haley act like the caring big sister to Alex so these were touching to see. Phil trying to teach Gloria to skate was funny.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by misst89 (View Post)
His reaction to the grade and the teacher's "that's not the assignment" comment had me .

I had the last half dozen or so episodes of the season stored on my DVR and I've been catching up on them. This was my favorite of the ones I've seen. One of my favorite episodes of the season.

I love when MF shows its heart as much as it did in this episode. The Jay/Cam and Haley/Alex moments were the best in that area, but I also loved the way Claire came to her conclusion to go and work for her father. BTW, her finding the hidden beer was so Claire.

And then if you were worried about things getting too sweet, there was Luke there with his absurdity in the way that only he can do absurd.

Terrific episode.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 06-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One of my favourites too! It had a lot of content with Mitch/Cam jealousy and also Claire thinking about the job. And lots of heart in the ep too