Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

4x04 "The Butler's Escape" episode discussion

Luke wants to quit magic and Phil just can’t seem to accept it. Meanwhile, one of Gloria’s new pregnancy symptoms is snoring and she’s keeping the whole house awake, forcing Jay to take desperate measures; and Mitch and Cam’s household dynamic is put to the test when they decide to swap duties — Mitch staying at home with Lily while Cam goes off to work at his new job as the music teacher at Luke and Manny’s school — on “Modern Family,” WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for making this one..

I seriously love last night and everything was so hilarious.. Cam in classroom, my gosh, I felt so bad for kids since they just want their teacher come back and the way Cam being like that..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 10-19-2012, 02:05 AM
Moderator Manager

This wasn't my favorite episode but I still enjoyed it.

Love the Mitch/Cam storylines, as well as the Jay/Gloria one and mostly the Phil/Luke one.

I'll hopefully make a proper recap soon as I need to re-watch this ep again.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it felt disjointed at times, it was funny, but didn't flow as well as some of the others.

Loved Phil and Luke bonding over their magic, and it gave Nolan a lot of airtime. He is too precious.

Cam at his first day at work, being so enthusiastic and then breaking down in tears in front of Mitch and Mitch not having the best day either was so sweet.

Jay trying to deal with Gloria's snoring, I can't believe he went to a hotel to get some sleep, interesting that Claire just told him to get over it

I liked how different Alex was without Haley. Really felt that without Haley she had lost her counter partner.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:00 AM
Moderator Manager

I'd have to say as much as I love the Gloria/Jay storyline, I felt that there was something missing to it or "not this storyline again" kind of feeling. I enjoyed it because Ed & Sofia are great at their roles. I kind of feel the same way with the Cam/Mitch storyline: the role reversal plot but both Eric & Jesse are outstanding it made me like the story anyway.

Phil & Luke's storyline imo is very realistic, a lot of parents want what they want for their kids and sometimes fail to see what their kids really want. Case in point for me, choosing a course for college. My parents want me to take Business Management because it's the easist course. I want something Science related because that's what I'm good at in high school. I ended up liking Business Management anyway and it was in fact easy.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.