Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

3x23 - "Tableau Vivant" Episode discussion

LIFE DOESN'T NECESSARILY IMITATE ART, ON ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY"

"Tableau Vivant" - It seems everyone has a bone to pick: Jay and Gloria get on each other's nerves while trying to simply order lunch at their local diner; Phil is put in the position of having to fire Mitchell; Cam and Claire have opposing theories on how to discipline children; and Manny is upset with Luke for accepting an award under false pretenses - all of which spells trouble for Alex who is counting on them to all work together for a "living art" school project display, on "Modern Family," WEDNESDAY, MAY 16 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Modern Family" stars Ed O'Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sof�a Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Mike Madrigal as teacher, Beth Grant as Maxine, Matt Roth as Skip Woosnum, John Viener as Matt Keneally, Angela Oh as realtor no. 1, Lisa Long as realtor no. 2 and Laird Macintosh as realtor no. 3.

"Tableau Vivant" was written by Elaine Ko, Jeffrey Richman and Bill Wrubel, and directed by Gail Mancuso.

"Modern Family" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's Selected HD Format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG,D,L parental guideline.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:02 PM
New Fan

I think that causing a fire and putting it out yourself is still grounds for an award!
Old 05-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Moderator Manager

So okay, the episode has some good storylines but I had a few laughs on this one.

Jay & Gloria

We don't often see a jealous!Gloria so I squeed when she got jealous of Maxine. Plus it's typical Gloria not to like a Jay turkey sandwich but it really did hurt Jay. How hilarious was Gloria toning down her voice because Jay told her she's really loud. Kudos to the writers for doing this storyline because I know how people are complaining that Gloria's loud.

Mitch & Phil

Now we don't see these two often interact. Interesting storyline, who would've thought they're "frenemies" when it comes to work. Phil couldn't bring himself to fire Mitch and Mitch couldn't bring himself to quit - that is until Phil fires him and he gets stuck in the elevator for the longest time. My only complaint for this storyline: the weird blinking tick of Phil which I find odd and too much and the time Mitch spent in the elevator (but I will still excuse this).

Claire & Cam

This is my favourite storyline in the episode. While we see Cam's way of parenting to be totally incredulous, especially in the eyes of Claire, I personally think Claire's the same, maybe not on the same level. We have Lily on a leash last week and this time around, she's turning lights on/off and it seems to be Cam is letting her do it (along with letting her tell them when to sleep). We've already seen how the Claire's kids are on past episodes and on this one, the Dunphy kids are no exception. Haley calls Cam to drive her because her designated driver is drunk, Alex is stress drinking coffee & Luke won an award for extinguishing a fire he started. Each has their own way of parenting a kid, some may be ridiculous but if it works, it works. I guess in the end, I think Claire was being her usual know-it-all self again and Cam should learn to take criticism more gracefully.

I love the family in the end when they did that Norman Rockwell interpretation in the end for Alex's project with Mr. Jarvis and they can't seem to shut up for 90seconds (hilarious!). Which actually made me remember that they did an actual photoshoot of this last 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConstableClyde (View Post)
I think that causing a fire and putting it out yourself is still grounds for an award!
Here here!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really love the episode. When I knew about the photo it made me think of that photoshoot too! I love Cam and Claire's storyline and how irritated they both were but both should probably respect each other's opinions. Mitch was funny sleeping in the elevator And I loved seeing Manny and Luke together at school.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Moderator Manager

Claire definitely pulled a good one on Cam on that one. And yes, poor Mitch in the elevator. All the time he already knew he was fired.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Everyone was staring at Mitch That was so funny.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Moderator Manager

It's good that he was fired already. Otherwise, I don't know what to do at work the next day.