Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

3x21 - "Planes, Train and Cars" Episode Discussion

PHIL'S JUDGMENT GET A LITTLE CLOUDED WHEN HE GOES CAR SHOPPING WITH HIS NEW BUDDY, ANDRE, ON ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY"

Comedian Kevin Hart ("Soul Plane," "Death at a Funeral") Returns as a Guest Star

"Planes, Train and Cars" - The Dunphys are in the market for a new car and Phil makes a spontaneous purchase without Claire. Will he have buyer's remorse? Meanwhile, Jay is determined to get to his high school reunion with Gloria and Manny in tow, and Lily loses her favorite stuffed animal on a public metro train, leaving Mitch and Cam with an inconsolable toddler, on "Modern Family," WEDNESDAY, MAY 2 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Modern Family" stars Ed O'Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sof’a Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Kevin Hart as Andre, Joseph Bonilla as Leon, Scott Ferrara as Salesman, Joe Rowley as Pilot, Matt Lowe as young guy and Eric Edelstein as mechanic.

"Planes, Trains and Cars" was written by Paul Corrigan and Brad Walsh, and directed by Michael Spiller.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 05-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

kevin hart is back! That's all I need to hear.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Very good episode.
I love the Lily&bunny storyline esp when she said the bunny has a boyfriend not a girlfriend LOL. and Mitchell's Luke Skywalker toy.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Much better than last week's. I love the Mitch and Cam banter and how they wanted to tackle losing bunny. Kevin Hart as Andre is brilliant and he just fits with Phil so well! I have a little niggle with the Jay and Gloria story as I wanted to see Jay's buddies and not them to use Gloria's looks again but it was a funny story.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Moderator Manager

"They say the important thing in life isn't the destination, it's the journey. The challenges you face along the way, the unexpected twists & turns, the disappointments you overcome. But they're wrong. It's all about the destination."

Loved the ep, much better than even my favourite last week. I love an episode that even if the family's not together, they give brilliant storylines.

Jay, Gloria & Manny

I love Jay & Gloria in this ep. The whole time, I was thinking like Gloria - that Jay wanted to be his usual braggy self to his friends and showoff. But I was even more happy to know (and Gloria agreed as well) that it was about showing Gloria off because of his insecurites and because people expect so much from him. I know that this has been an underlying storyline since s1 but I'm glad this was brought up again. Jay at his age with a hot young wife - people have opinions about this. And Jay expects it but of course that's not something you tell your wife. So I'm glad it all turned out alright in the end. Manny was hilarious in this ep too, wanting to have a massage because really, kids his age want a massage. And that speech he made in the end to the concierge in the end and saying "Hey, credit card!" to Jay - OMG.

Mitch & Cam

First of all, I love that Lily's back and she's adorable as ever. But I didn't like the storyline of these two in this ep. I guess because I'm practical in real life. I know that Cam is being his usual dramatic self and going through all the trouble of printing an ad for Lily's missing bunny but really? Go buy her another toy! Plus she has a lot of toys, which clearly Mitch was trying to do - except of course all she was telling Lily were exaggerated stories like Bunny was in St. Louis. I think as a parent, even if your child has a certain fondness or attachment to toys, you should explain to them what happens if it gets lost. Maybe that was also what the storyline was trying to impart but I just don't find it that hilarious to have them go through all the trouble of looking for the bunny versus buying her another one. Some funny points though was the sofa interview with Cam snoring WITH HIS EYES OPEN. And also Mitch trying to wake up the homeless man in the subway and didn't want to touch him so he was nudging him by his elbow.

Phil & Claire

There weren't much Dunphy kids in this ep but we did find out some new stuff about them! Haley has a bf named Corey, Alex is studying Chinese and there's a girl crushing on Luke named Olive and he has no idea. I love the return of Andre too and how successful he was in convincing Phil to buy a sports car. I would love for him to be back again with his wife this time and have dinner with P/C or something. I gotta admit, I was confused and a bit worried (like Phil) when Claire didn't react to the sports car. I was expecting her to be furious, let of steam and scream or something. But because of some errands for work, Phil had to take the van and pick up the kids from school. Claire who was supposed to do some grocery, blew it off and got reckless and drove the sports car to the beach. I love Claire for being very carefree & reckless in this ep because as a housewife she doesn't get to do that often. She got so reckeless she lost the car keys. I especially love the Phil/Claire moment in the end by the beach and Phil telling Claire what he found out about the kids. Also when he promised to take her to the beach once a month. But now that Andre didn't want to take the sports car because it smelled of milddew, I wonder if Phil would give the car to Haley or sell it? If he does, she's gonna freak.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I want andre to be in the show more! He fit in so well! ABout Lily, I totally understand the guys desire to get the bunny back. Loss is an important thing for kids to deal with too though. I love that Mitch didn't even know Nemo!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Moderator Manager

Andre should be back, he's a great friend for Phil. :lol; Yeah, I understand about kids losing toys but I just think it's a bit overboard this time and the storyline just didn't make me "believe". Oh yes, good thing you remembered about Mitch not knowing Nemo.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know people who have gone to great lengths so I can definitely relate.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:22 PM
New Fan

Thought this episode was great. Had quite a few laughs in it.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you liked it, any favourite scenes you wish to discuss?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, which ones were your favourite? Mine, like I said, would be the Jay/Gloria/Manny and the Phil/Claire (and Dunphy kids) storylines. Mitch/Cam were so-so for me. And super glad Andre was back.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved all of Lily's scenes though, she does make me giggle
Old 05-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Moderator Manager

Yes, Aubrey's delivery is really stellar. She's so adorable on TV.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It feels so natural with her
Old 05-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Gah, I wanna re-watch this episode because of that sweet Phil/Claire scene at the beach.