Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

3x14 - "Me? Jealous? Episode Discussion

Press Release

Quote:
Is phil too oblivious to know when he should fight for his woman?, on abc's "modern family"

academy award-nominated, greg kinnear ("as good as it gets," "you've got mail")
guest stars as tad

"me? Jealous?" - phil is so preoccupied with impressing his new business partner, tad (greg kinnear), that he doesn't notice what claire believes is tad being overtly inappropriate with her. Meanwhile, jay and gloria let mitchell and cameron stay over while their house is fumigated, and it turns out four is a crowd, on "modern family," wednesday, february 8 (9:00-9:31 p.m., et), on the abc television network.

"modern family" stars ed o'neill as jay, julie bowen as claire, ty burrell as phil, sof’a vergara as gloria, jesse tyler ferguson as mitchell, eric stonestreet as cameron, sarah hyland as haley, nolan gould as luke, ariel winter as alex, rico rodriguez as manny and aubrey anderson-emmons as lily.

Guest cast for "me? Jealous?" includes greg kinnear as tad, phil hendrie as booker bell, alexis fowlkes as annie, michael william arnold as tony, barbara dodd remsen as ellen, carolyn morse as kara and cole bernstein as stacy.

"me? Jealous?" was written by ben karlin and directed by michael spiller.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012

Last edited by Sweet Embrace; 02-08-2012 at 11:05 AM
Old 02-08-2012, 03:14 AM
Moderator Manager

Finally a new episode! Britney Spears - you've been waiting for this along with all of us.

Also...yay Greg Kinnear!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Looks like a great list of guest stars! I edited your post Caro just because there were some grammar issues with the text from the site you pasted it from. I'm picky
Old 02-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Loyal Fan

The best thing about this episode was Cam and Gloria's interaction
Old 02-10-2012, 02:59 AM
Elite Fan

Yep! They were the best thing on the episode.

Movie Night!

Old 02-10-2012, 03:01 AM
Moderator Manager

I love the episode! And OMG that gif cracks me up. It actually makes me miss the show and I don't understand now why we can't get more than 24 episodes for this show. I need to re-watch the ep again as I've forgotten some scenes but here's my favourite moments from the ep.

Jay & Mitch

We've always wanted a scene of them together and yay for finally getting one this time. Jay meets his broadcaster idol and gatecrashed Mitch's client meeting with him. He was sorry and he gave this entire speech to Mitch that really made me love Jay even more than I already do. He said he was uptight & serious but little does he know that Mitch has a prank up his sleeve (with the help of the broadcaster, of course) and that is how Mitch lets loose. I love their entire storyline so much.

Cam & Gloria

Oh dear. I was laughing everytime! That entire scene of Cam reacting to Gloria and Lily and Gloria reacting to Cam fixing her kitchen. And then cut to Jay's reaction saying that the house is a little noisier than usual. My favourite part is the kitchen scene when they were cooking which was brilliantly acted by Sofia & Eric. Thank Cam for re-organizing Gloria's kitchen because she's not much of a cook and thank Gloria for providing that motherly touch for Lily. Another of my favourite storylines for this ep.

Haley & Alex

I love their banters and as for a storyline, it wasn't the greatest and I think it was the weakest but it still was hilarious and sweet. I just love how Haley's as dumb as Luke and Alex always sees past that and knows better. I can't believe Haley put on her college application Big Sister. Alex wouldn't bat an eyelash I bet because she knows her sister is capable of doing that. I love her drawing to Haley, btw - so sweet. And poor Annie for having to witness the two fight. Oh and Luke's adorable rant at them and especially Betty Luke! At least that's something both sisters love doing.

Phil & Claire

I love that this episode really focused on these two amongst all the other good storylines. Tad (played brilliantly by Greg Kinnear) was going to be Phil's business partner and so Phil was trying to impress him. To Claire's surprise, Tad kisses her on the lips when he says goodbye and Phil is unfazed by it. He invites them to their house which Phil happily obliges. There we see Tad kiss all his family on the lips and suddenly Claire feels that she is so paranoid over everything and was about to apologize to Phil until Tad tells a joke which made Claire laugh. That's when Phil finally realizes it. Only he can make his wife laugh. I love a jealous Phil and only because we haven't seen much of it. This was a great storyline for them because we haven't had that much lately and it was nice to see this sweet side of the couple shine.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't know how many times a laughed out loud to this episode. It's super HILARIOUS!!!

And that gif.."It's noisier than usual here"
But it's funny how Cam and Gloria fight about each other but ended up dancing while cooking.

And I just can't believe Phil's client that he actually kisses women even that old woman..I was like "OH MY GAWD!!!"...and Claire's reaction was like "WTH is going on?"..

But Phil being jealous because someone made her wife laugh but not the fact that someone kissed his wife ON THE LIPS..IN FRONT of him was just ridiculous. IMO. Even Claire didn't approve when the guy kissed her and Phil was just so cool about it..it's just stupid for me.

But that last scene with Luke..."Good to see you again Betty Luke"...
Old 02-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

I love everything in this episode since it crack me up mostly..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 02-12-2012, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was away this weekend but I managed to watch this episode at my brother's house but I think I'll need to rewatch a lot of it too.

I loved Cam and Gloria how they changed from really excited to having each other around to getting in each other's faces -even Manny cleverly trying to have some peace - and then when Cam and Gloria are in the kitchen with the music..I knew it was coming and I still laughed a lot

I love Luke standing up to the girls, putting them in their place!

And about Phil...I don't think it was ridiculous. I think it shows just how oblivious he is sometimes. I think it would take a lot for him to be jealous with Claire. He's just not that sort of person.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsKnotC (View Post)
IAnd I just can't believe Phil's client that he actually kisses women even that old woman..I was like "OH MY GAWD!!!"...and Claire's reaction was like "WTH is going on?"..

But Phil being jealous because someone made her wife laugh but not the fact that someone kissed his wife ON THE LIPS..IN FRONT of him was just ridiculous. IMO. Even Claire didn't approve when the guy kissed her and Phil was just so cool about it..it's just stupid for me.
It's classic Phil. He's too focused on impressing Tad he doesn't see it that way. And it also showed us that he was more pissed at Claire laughing at Tad's joke more than the kissing itself. If that won't irk Phil, something will. Claire tried to tell him but he's so oblivious to it. I think it will only faze Phil if everyone (including Duane) tells him it's weird. It's probably not a good trait of Phil but he's not like everyone else. And we've never seen him jealous even with Robbie coming back and Kenneth's advances at his wife. That's why it was interesting that all it took was Tad and Claire's laughter to finally irk him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misst89 (View Post)
And about Phil...I don't think it was ridiculous. I think it shows just how oblivious he is sometimes. I think it would take a lot for him to be jealous with Claire. He's just not that sort of person.
Me too. While everyone else thinks it's so weird, Phil won't see it that way. If I was Claire, I'd have totally scolded him about Tad and I bet he still won't see it. That's what "Phil On A Wire" taught me. I thought it started out ridiculous, I mean Phil on a tightrope? What were they trying to tell me? And then by the end of the ep I get slapped in the face: You don't talk the talk but walk the walk. As we always should be in life.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's the thing with Phil. He wouldn't go all territorial like Jay might do if Gloria was flirting with another man, Phil has this trait about him where it doesn't faze him at all, but something like seeing her laugh I guess triggered an instinct in him, like that was HIS job to make Claire laugh, more so than kissing her.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:29 AM
Moderator Manager

I do find it amusing how Phil sees life. He obviously doesn't take it seriously and sees it differently from others. I'm not worried if Luke turns out to be like him when he grows up.