Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

3x11 "Lifetime Supply" Episode Discussion

After having a doctor's visit but then missing the call with the test results, Phil automatically jumps to conclusions and starts saying his goodbyes. Meanwhile, Javier pops up unannounced again and takes Manny to the horse races for a belated birthday celebration, and a subtle competition ensues when Mitchell brings home an environmental law award and it becomes a game of who has the bigger trophy.

Airs: January 4th

MF will be back this wednesday!!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Official promo for the episode:

Old 01-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt! Can't wait for the return of our show!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Your welcome and Tammi I hope you stick around to post your thoughts on the series!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Moderator Manager

Benjamin Bratt!!!

It's worth the wait for this ep!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't wait for Javier
Old 01-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

oooh Benjamin Bratt is in the Ep I'm DEFINITELY Watching for sure.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Moderator Manager

And this part is hilarious just by reading the summary of it...

Quote:
After having a doctor's visit but then missing the call with the test results, Phil automatically jumps to conclusions and starts saying his goodbyes.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Phil is definately going to crack me up
Old 01-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The plot for Phil sounds exactly what he'd do so I can't wait. Hopefully he tries to hug Jay or something!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ty was seriously PERFECT in this episode. Just. Perfect
Old 01-05-2012, 01:06 AM
Moderator Manager

He was perfect. Oh my god, that game show, his reaction to the missed call...everything. He, along with Jay & Mitch/Cam were the stand out of this ep for me. Overall it was really hilarious and I'm so glad Benjamin Bratt is back. He had a couple of great punchlines and it was nice to see him back bonding with Manny & Jay.

Jay, Manny & Javier

First off, Javier dropping by at an ungodly hour didn't fare well with Jay. More so, his entire spiel on how he can read a horse's soul just made Jay scoff more at him. I think having Javier back on the show was a great welcome because, yes Jay isn't Manny's dad but they've been through so much already so it was interesting how Jay was trying so hard with Manny. Jay was particularly funny in this ep. That part where he popped his eyes like a horse had me laughing. And how adorkable was Manny in that golf attire in the beginning of the ep?

Phil & everyone else

The doctor's appointment was hilarious. "Let's dim the lights, crank up Norah Jones and get this over with." He was hilarious in that flashback with the game show and that crazy 80's hair. When he missed that doctor's call, he was worried. All of a sudden he was there with Gloria & Haley during Haley's spanish class and he was also there while Luke was playing video games with Mr. Kleezak. Life was fleeting for him and yet his kids are all "dad's gone crazy" look. Even Claire knew he was gonna be okay but in the end she was getting worried too. Although I knew Phil was gonna be fine (they can't make Phil sick on the show!), it was hilarious that it was all about a real estate call - thus making Jay's coffee cake a total hocus pocus.

Mitch & Cam

This is what I love best about these two: their endless banter. This time it's Mitch's trophy for environmental law - THE Oscar for that particular field. That entire award/trophy reference about how Cam gets all the trophies instead of Mitch, it made me equate it to Eric winning the Emmy and Jesse who has yet to win but it was written so well it was too perfect. The next day, we see Cam's trophy alongside Mitch's new one, a bass catching fish trophy he won in Missouri. And it took Alex to make Mitch realize that he was over-reacting to the whole thing. It was nice to see all of Cam's trophies in the garage, he is that kind of person. While he has many stories to tell, he has also been a very active person and is passionate about life. Mitch is very lucky to have him and vice versa of course. They always bring out the best in each other.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 01-05-2012 at 11:31 PM
Old 01-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)

Ty was seriously PERFECT in this episode. Just. Perfect
I totally agree with that .

Love the part where Jay talks about his relationship with Manny, and how he doesn't want reminder that he isn't Manny's real dad. It was really nice moment .
Old 01-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Moderator Manager

I love that part too. I have to admit, Jay & Manny have a lot of great moments in this season.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-90 (View Post)
I totally agree with that .

Love the part where Jay talks about his relationship with Manny, and how he doesn't want reminder that he isn't Manny's real dad. It was really nice moment .
That's the moment that made me tear up. Seeing how Jay was trying to compete with him and obviously was missing his Manny time. I know he feels like Manny's dad, so it must be hard for him.

When my friend told me she was really disappointed with this ep I was really disheartened but after finally watching it, I really liked it. They did cram alot into it though.

I loved having Alex interact with Mitchell and Cam and when she's bonding with Mitchell...Mitchell goes "I felt a lot better after talking to Alex, she knew exactly what I was going through. That's when I realised. I was acting like a 14 year old girl." I laughed so hard!

Omg I love when the family turn up for Phil and Javier is comforting Claire!! I realise none of them had even met him and Cam and Mitch were gazing at him!! Javier even had some fun moments when he was interacting with the family, so funny and cute!

Phil omg. Ty I gotta say acted it really well, turning up everywhere and freaking out over the top!! I knew it would be something small on the phone! LOL