Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

3x06 "Go Bullfrogs!" Episode Discussion

THE KIDS ARE GROWING UP WAY TOO FAST, AS ONE VISITS COLLEGES AND THE OTHER GETS EVER CLOSER TO THE DREADED TEENAGE YEARS, ON ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY"

Gilles Marini ("Brothers & Sisters," "Sex and the City: The Movie") Guest Stars

"Go Bullfrogs!" - It's father-daughter time, as Phil takes Haley on a college tour of his old alma mater, and Claire, having a rare night alone, forces Mitchell and Cameron to take her for a fun night out with the boys -- but ends up alone with one particular man candy who is anything but gay. Meanwhile, Gloria and Jay deal with a potential situation at home that may require having "the talk" with Manny, on "Modern Family," WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Modern Family" stars Ed O'Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sof’a Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Gilles Marini as Julian, Kevin Daniels as Longinus, Mandi Kreisher as Amy, Andrea Savage as Holly, Cory Knauf as Marc, Nika Williams as June, Anastasia Basil as jilted wife, Claudia Choi as Holly's friend, Artemis Pebdani as Bethenny and Danny Zuker as Danny.

"Go Bullfrogs" was written by Abraham Higginbotham and directed by Scott Ellis.

"Modern Family" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's Selected HD Format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 10-18-2011, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread sis! Didn't have time to put it up last night. That has to be the greatest plot summary ever
Old 10-18-2011, 02:27 AM
Moderator Manager

I can't wait for this ep! Is it safe to say that I'll love this?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:41 AM
New Fan

I burst in fits of laughter just reading the summary.

CAN'T WAIT!
Old 10-18-2011, 03:57 AM
Moderator Manager

And that's just from reading the summary right? What more if we see the ep?

Old 10-18-2011, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Danny Zucker and Longinus So many guest stars in this one!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

Is it wednesday??? No???
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 10-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not long now sis! I'll be waiting for your tweet quote!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by misst89 (View Post)
I'll be waiting for your tweet quote!
Aawww it's out thursday tradition!
Old 10-19-2011, 02:22 AM
Moderator Manager

TOMORROW (for me)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-19-2011, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Thank God It's Modern Family night! #TGIMFN
Old 10-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tomorrow for me as well Lindz since I'm behind everyone it seems
Old 10-20-2011, 03:28 AM
Moderator Manager

You're not really behind on it Theresa - time zones suck! Most especially for me.

I like the episode. Although I think some of the stories felt flat to me but overall I like it. (and when did I not like an episode anyway?)

Claire, Mitch & Cam

I absolutely love the storyline of Claire having a time for herself. I think she deserves it so I was with her, I wanted her to go out there and party! So I was a little sad Mitch & Cam wanted to have a pot pie dinner instead of going out to a bar and getting drunk. Knowing Mitch & Cam, they're always up for that. So I was happy to see Claire letting loose (Claire + wine = I ship it sometimes). She was up for anything and even spent the rest of the night with Julian, Longines' straight trainor. I wouldn't have guessed he's straight too. If it hadn't been for Luke's call, I wonder how else the night would have gone? Meanwhile, Mitch & Cam will clearly not have a quiet night as they were mistakenly given the wrong key so they were driving home at someone else's car. I was laughing when they got attacked by the woman with the bat.

Jay, Gloria & Manny

I think I found Jay really funny in this ep: his reactions, his lines, Ed's delivery, everything. I love that it showed Manny's wish to be taller, doesn't everyone want to be tall? And Jay getting a little curious and then to the point that he needed to talk to the helper about Fire & Ice, Gloria's favorite soap. He was like half watching the show and half listening to Gloria worry about Manny. That Jay-Manny moment in the end, however short was sweet. He will not step out of the room and make Manny feel embarrassed for what he did, he will boost his ego and help him through it. Gloria worrying for Manny is a natural mother instinct but sometimes it also worries me. What if Manny's a teenager and he will be soon, she can't always worry about him so it will be interesting to see Gloria let go of Manny in future eps.

Phil & Haley

My favorite part of the entire episode. Of course Phil will be excited to visit his alma mater. And we see Phil's high jump! After all he is a cheerleader. It was also hilarious when they were eating those chicken or was it buffalo wings and it was like this like father like daughter moment that I loved. I was even more impressed with Haley for enjoying the college experience and behaving while Phil was hanging out with some undergrad boys. That entire scene of them and Phil telling Haley that he wanted to protect her and that he always will broke me, it made me teary-eyed and I remembered the ep where Phil was advising Haley about her break-up with Dylan in s2. Yeah, Phil is a big goof-off and is probably more childish than Haley about this entire college experience but having heard him say that, I'm glad he was around to be there for her and experience it with her and then maybe Haley will enjoy & look forward to college because of what her dad taught her. It's not everyday that a father would take his time out to bring his daughter to his college and show her around.

I'm going offlline in a while and I will re-watch this ep again. I can't believe I'd be tearing up watching this ep though.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Master Fan

I also loved Phil and Haley as well. It was so sweet because I just started college even though I stay at home I still kind of related to it. I heard my dad say when he dropped me off my first day it was like taking me to preschool all over again.

I really loved how much Jay got into that soap opera.

Booth/Brennan Chuck/Blair Angel/Buffy Rigsby/Van Pelt
Old 10-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

I loved all of the parts of this ep My two favorites however was Phil and Haley visiting the college and Jay getting hooked on the Telenovella