Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

4 is too generous. 2 is my guess!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think the ratings for the premiere might be even decent, but then it will suffer huge drops .
Old 08-13-2012, 05:45 AM
Extreme Fan

They'll replace it mid season with Cult. No doubt in my mind.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Do you think it will go that far?
Old 08-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Is Cult any better then?
Old 08-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Do you think it will go that far?
I don't think they'll have any other option, lol. They have nothing to replace it with.

Quote:
Is Cult any better then?
To be fair, Cult looks okay. But, it's the CW, so they'll ruin the any chance it's got with horrible promotion. Plus, it seems to be aimed at a much older audience than TVD. So if it is paired with it eventually I don't think it will be a natural fit.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hmm I guess time will tell.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

I honestly think Beauty and the Beast will go the way of The Beautiful Life back in 2009 on the CW. Only two episodes aired and they cancelled it. Three other episodes were released online and that was it. I always felt Beauty and the Best would be cancelled early on and Cult would replace it too.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Extreme Fan

I wouldn't be suprised. Although, sometimes things don't work out like you expect them to. Honestly, until like around episode 18/19 I was certain TSC would be around for seasons to come. Knowing the CW they'll probably cancel Arrow and Beauty and the Beast will get six seasons. Although, I do wonder if there was more going on behind the scenes. Chris's hillarious tweet the other day did sort of indicate possible friction betweenTSC and the network. I really hope Andrew's new show gets picked up and does really well.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

Yeah. Quite honestly it felt like there was problems from the get go especially since they turned down AM's pilot in favor of KW's.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, considering three producers left the project and one just a week before filming because of creative differences, it doesn't seem to have been a settled production. The CW is really incestuous though. So, I think TSC being based on books by the same author as TVD made the network want to make it a sister show. So they brought KW in so they could say "from the makers of TVD". Sadly, I feel like Kevin did a really poor job and ruined the original script and sent the show on completely the wrong path in the first six episodes he was EP for. I really wish Andrew had been allowed to do what he wanted. But,it can't be changed now. I hope he has a bit more control on his next show. It really is amazing to me how KW's absence has pretty much ruined TVD, but, I really think his involvement in TSC sank the show tbh.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

The sad thing is I feel like if TSC was on another network, like MTV it would have went much better. Look at Teen Wolf for example, that show is way better than TVD and it is on a network that people describe as laughable. And the head writer, Jeff Davis always says how MTV is great to him and lets him do what he wants.

I agree. I don't understand how KW's absence was able to ruin TVD while his presence ruined TSC. I don't want to place blame on him for TSC but it was clear that his heart was not in it and he had a terrible vision for this show. AM's original vision was much better.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Extreme Fan

It's not KW's fault really. It's the CWs. TSC should have always been left to be its own thing. Honestly, CW messing around with their shows is probably why it's in so much trouble as a network. I never watched it it, but, apparently the CW forced some ridiculous storylines in to Britt's previous show LUX that pissed the fanbase off. I think Flave told me on here that the CW tried to make Nikita 'more girly' too. It just seems like its a network run by idiots. I know all networks alter their shows, but, the CW seems to like to take torpedoes to theirs. I do sort of wonder if KW was sort of brought on to enforce changes the CW wanted. Looking at the original script he's taken out alot of other spells, Doug and certain other stunts. Plus, the binding of the circle storyline seems to have been introduced by him too. Basically most of these things would have reduced the budget, which is probably what the CW wanted. I refuse to believe KW thought the script edit he ended up putting out was better than the original. Also, if the CW couldn't afford to do a show about magic they should never have greenlit one.

I've heard great things about Teen Wolf, but, i've not watched it. I think i'll try to check it out.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

You should. It's very well written.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wish MTV had considered picking up TSC, it would have been a great fit there.