Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl (View Post)
Am I the only one who thinks this, is Isaac working with John Blackwell? As a matter of fact...I think this whole Cassie-spelled-into-hurting-Blackwell is an over-arching ploy by Blackwell so he can get the Circle to use their magic with him.
Well, there’s definitely something involved – no self respecting bad guy, when confronted with the mortal enemy they already thought they killed once (and was humiliated by), is going to find that person standing right in front of them and cheerfully say, “Oh no, that’s okay, I’ll take the puppy instead. It will be so much more satisfying for me to let his daughter take my revenge over the humiliation that has eaten me up for sixteen years, and I’ll even let them walk off alone together to increase the possibility that I’ll miss seeing it. Just knowing it happened will be enough, really.”

Faye and Diana’s convo about Faye’s not-concern was funny… I think a strong coldblooded streak runs through the Chamberlain women, LOL.

The Melissa stuff was… very interesting, especially from the point of view of the “other Blackwell” mystery. How strong would her power have been before Faye and Diana walked through the door to jumble things up? Callum has no idea who or where powerful witches are, until he… actually concentrates on feeling their power? What kind of magic or magic sensor is that, and without knowing that they had it, why would he have been so interested in Melissa?

Now I am also totally confused about Jake’s father – more mysteries thrown on top of mysteries (when we needed answers about The Incident), not Eben saying that Jake’s father - one of the only firmly innocent victims we thought we had based on the skimpy stuff we saw - was on the level of Ethan!

And what was up with that Charles scene – comes by to worry about Jane being back in town (which she isn’t), and then we never hear from him again – come on, writers. This is not good pacing! There should always be bracketing scenes, especially since Jane isn’t back in town and it would only take knocking on the Blake door to figure it out. Strange writing!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Loyal Fan

I completely missed the Eben-Jake's-Dad thing! Right......So he was in on the scheme with Ethan to give Blackwell to the witchhunters? That's why he was so confident that he "had a deal" with Eben. What a moron......all that jaw and no brains....

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskittytalks (View Post)
Well, there’s definitely something involved – no self respecting bad guy, when confronted with the mortal enemy they already thought they killed once (and was humiliated by), is going to find that person standing right in front of them and cheerfully say, “Oh no, that’s okay, I’ll take the puppy instead. It will be so much more satisfying for me to let his daughter take my revenge over the humiliation that has eaten me up for sixteen years, and I’ll even let them walk off alone together to increase the possibility that I’ll miss seeing it. Just knowing it happened will be enough, really.”
dead
Old 02-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Last edited by CuseGirl; 02-16-2012 at 10:53 PM Reason: double, sorry
Old 02-16-2012, 11:06 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl (View Post)
I completely missed the Eben-Jake's-Dad thing! Right......So he was in on the scheme with Ethan to give Blackwell to the witchhunters? That's why he was so confident that he "had a deal" with Eben. What a moron......all that jaw and no brains....

dead
I don't think Jake's dad was like Ethan. Remember his deal with Eban was as long as they don't practice witchcraft. Also Ethan came from the dead witches room and Jake's mom and dad were surprise to see him. I'm guessing Ethan told the circle he wasn't coming to the truce and low and behold he's there.

Which is why John told Ethan we have some unfinished business. Eban and John aren't definitely working together. JB burnt eban's face at the fire. I think it's just poor writing and plot lines. There was two separate stories going on- Cassie's rescue and Melissa's rescues.

Writers really need to clean up their dirty spots. Did the writers actually read the books? Eban doesnt know that JB lost his power. And that stand off was pathetic. Jake and JB were a arm's reach from Cassie. Couldn't they just do an old fashion kick the asses of the witch hunters? Jake's a pretty tough guy and JB was also able to man handle Jake earlier....the writers need to write a more cohesive storyline.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenlen (View Post)
I don't think Jake's dad was like Ethan. Remember his deal with Eban was as long as they don't practice witchcraft. Also Ethan came from the dead witches room and Jake's mom and dad were surprise to see him. I'm guessing Ethan told the circle he wasn't coming to the truce and low and behold he's there.

Which is why John told Ethan we have some unfinished business. Eban and John aren't definitely working together. JB burnt eban's face at the fire. I think it's just poor writing and plot lines. There was two separate stories going on- Cassie's rescue and Melissa's rescues.

Writers really need to clean up their dirty spots. Did the writers actually read the books? Eban doesnt know that JB lost his power. And that stand off was pathetic. Jake and JB were a arm's reach from Cassie. Couldn't they just do an old fashion kick the asses of the witch hunters? Jake's a pretty tough guy and JB was also able to man handle Jake earlier....the writers need to write a more cohesive storyline.
hmmm....well, it seems like any real spell that requires something more difficult than opening a high school locker requires alot of chanting and a lot of witches lolll....these aren't KICK ass witches unless they have the element of surprise, like when the Circle put Eben on a tree branch (by the way, they weren't NEARLY as shocked enuff at the possible death of Eben, in particular characters like Melissa and Diana, 2 people who shouldn't be so OK with killing a guy).

I just can't believe Jake's dad thought a guy like Eben was looking for a truce.

I dont think Eben is working WITH John, I think John is using his power to MAKE Eben or Isaac (heck, I'm still VERY skeptical of Jake at this point) do his bidding.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:28 PM
New Fan

I agree that JB is up to no good. He's definitely using Jake for his schemes but I really think he cares about Cassie.

I think jake is in the clearing. He is really prepared to die for Cassie.
The girls have become desensitized with all the violence around them. I also don't feel a real connection within the circle. They are too nonchallant.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Sometimes I think it’s like they wrote a plot for several episodes on notebook paper, tore them up, mixed them into a hat, and then left a whole batch of them in the hat… Even Charles being misdirected into believing Jane was back could’ve moved forward by having a one-sided phone conversation with his mother at the end of the episode (remember they seemed to imply that he had a side plot with her, that Dawn knew nothing about? which I kind of liked. At least we know that he knew why Grandma Kate had to test Cassie, and I was pretty sure Dawn didn't know it either because Grandma made it so plain that she hates her). He could’ve said something that revealed a story point that was actually nothing to do with Jane... like maybe suggesting that he knew Blackwell was back without being told. Anything really, my ideas aren't that clever, it's just the writers are really being shabby.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I agree that JB is up to no good. He's definitely using Jake for his schemes but I really think he cares about Cassie.

I think jake is in the clearing. He is really prepared to die for Cassie.
The girls have become desensitized with all the violence around them. I also don't feel a real connection within the circle. They are too nonchallant.
To the bolded part: that's crazy....they put a dude on a TREE BRANCH...you're right, they're not really "together", they were basically there cuz Adam told them to come and even Diana (who cares about the Circle nearly as much as she cares about pleasing dudes) had a hint of annoyance when Adam called her.

There has to be some event that has a POSITIVE resolution where the Circle feels like "yea, I need the 5 of you, and regardless of the stupid ish you do, I will appreciate that you are apart of my life". It's season 1, so I guess it's too much to ask for that so early....
Old 02-17-2012, 01:00 AM
Fan Forum's Finest

Is the circle super strong or something? Like I know they are witches but Callum made it seem like Melissa was really powerful. Watching the show I didn't get the sense that they were particularly strong. I mean not including Cassie and her dark magic of course.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Fire (View Post)
Is the circle super strong or something? Like I know they are witches but Callum made it seem like Melissa was really powerful. Watching the show I didn't get the sense that they were particularly strong. I mean not including Cassie and her dark magic of course.
well that's either cuz there's something special about Melissa herself OR something special about this particular Circle. Remember Henry's convo with Dawn? "you know what could be unleashed if they bind their Circle" (not an exact quote but close enuff, from Bound). He specifically said "this Circle is different" and I dont think that has anything to do with Cassie's dark magic. I think these kids are special and I think it has to do with Blackwell
Old 02-17-2012, 04:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

While the writing may not be the best, I did like that this episode devoted a little more time on Melissa's character instead of acting as if she doesn't exist in some others. I also enjoyed that the Circle finally did something together again. I'm still wondering when the other Blackwell child will be identified.

On a shallow note, Chris looked awesome, but then again, he always does. And somehow, I've been thinking Eben's name was actually Evan, lol. Oy vey.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:09 AM
New Fan

I understand it's S1 but I just feel sometimes there's no flow. IA about Charles, he was introduced in the first 5 minutes then was never heard of again. What did he pack his bags and skip out of town? No continuity whatsoever.

Then with the shocking revelation that JB is alive, Ethan actually looked more annoyed that JB showed up without a restaurant reservation. Lol

Yet there still no mention of the other Blackwell child. If they want Cassie dead so badly why aren't they also getting her sibling. Isaac made it seem like he knew which one in the circle.

The only one I enjoyed was Jake and Blackwell. For once Jake actually being able to lie correctly. Ya know he's a bad liar. Haha

John Lando did a marvelous job portraying him. He was like a corporate CEO dad in a board meeting runnin the show while everyone just follows his orders and not trusting him cos they know he's about to screw up everyone's retirement funds. Hehe
Old 02-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I understand it's S1 but I just feel sometimes there's no flow. IA about Charles, he was introduced in the first 5 minutes then was never heard of again. What did he pack his bags and skip out of town? No continuity whatsoever.
Essentially, Charles was there to re-affirm us of Diana's insecurity and remind us that Charles is a hypocrite and a murderer. Nothing more.

Quote:
Then with the shocking revelation that JB is alive, Ethan actually looked more annoyed that JB showed up without a restaurant reservation. Lol
Well Ethan couldn't give us a full reaction because he was in front of Adam. He had a look of "I KNOW I cut deal to make sure you died and I wanna scream my head off and maybe even grab a bar stool and bludgeon you but my son is here in the restaurant"

Quote:
Yet there still no mention of the other Blackwell child. If they want Cassie dead so badly why aren't they also getting her sibling. Isaac made it seem like he knew which one in the circle.
This show is getting dangerously close to LOST status: devoting whole scenes to tell us a plot point, playing dramatic music to emphasize how important it is and then 4 years later saying "we dont have an answer for that question we made up in season 1".

Quote:
The only one I enjoyed was Jake and Blackwell. For once Jake actually being able to lie correctly. Ya know he's a bad liar. Haha
I'm sorry, I kno this is harsh but he can't act. I was surprised he got it right this episode. And as one of the older actors on the show, he has little excuse.

And yes, Joe Lando is a boss and somehow, despite having all kinds of facial traits that would make him ugly, he's like old-man hot.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Absolute Fan

I completely and utterly respectfully disagree with that. I think Chris acts well and having seen him in different roles I think he is owning Jake. That is my opinion though.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Extreme Fan

The Circle was good this episode. Dealing with the witch hunter, taking the chains off of Jake, and breaking Cassie of the mind control spell she was under. Hope to see more of it.

I do hope we get more answers now that we have another member of the Original Circle.