Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm going to start rewatching soon!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not home, so I'll watch tomorrow morning . But you guys please rock on .
Old 07-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ok, here we go again!

I love Cassie's bedroom, there's just something special about it and I love the scenes in there. And damn, Cassie is looking extra sexy in this episode. The "give me light" scene is so simple but so pretty. She had just found out she was a witch and she was testing her powers, then boom! Light!

Nick and Melissa were so messed up at the beginning, Jesus .

Do you own a shirt? I love that line and Nick/Cassie. There should have been more of them. Awww Jane, you're so sweet, why was Cassie being so sneaky? I guess she thought she would slip the secret away if she told her grandma too many details.

Adam and Ethan, uhm... hw was so hungover .

I love Dawn/Faye , you can see that deep down just wanted to dress just like Faye , she never fooled me. "You're retired" LMAOOO oh Dawn, you're brilliant.

Sally, she was so sweet and geeky, I liked her. Then Faye comes in to be a bitch LOL she's hilarious. I like that Cassie just told her to GTFO though. Old school Chamberlake was awesome. And she still wasn't over with and had to bully Cassie some more with Melissa at the chemistry class hahaha.

I'm even more convinced that I like early Cadam than late Cadam, love the scene at the abandoned house. Hot scene, but it's like that later on they forgot that they made stuff explode when they were together. Also, I wish they had searched for the other family books earlier, but maybe it was a season 2 thing.

Fayanalissa's first official scene, love it. It's cute that Melissa tried to take Diana's side.

Faye and Melissa are so good together, they just fit and they have their own thing going on, I was mad when Nick interrupted the game .

Diana being all sisterly to Cassie, awww, if they only knew . She even volunteered to practice magic with her. LOVE.

Poor Melissa, Faye and Nick were upsetting her.

Charles and Dawn, Dawn being the boss, good days.

I still ship Ethan and Amelia hard. The way he described his feelings for her . I wish they had scenes actually together.

Cassie and Adam being great again. The scene in front of the ocean really captured their essence and it was great, reminded me of them in the books.

Faye was so mean to Nick, and Melissa, wow. But it's not like she was doing it on purpose.

Why do I think that Cassie and Faye were destined as well? Everytime they got anywhere near each other, storms would start . OMGG I can't believe how pushy Faye was in this episode, it's hysterical . Sally put a stop to it though, it was necessary. Intense scene when she almost died.

The circle scene was so good, they all agreed to bind the circle. They did have a point but solo magic was awesome.

What did Henry mean by "this circle is different, you know what may be unleashed if they bind together."? Maybe binding would make the other circles aware of them, or something Blackwell related? Anyway, Dawn killed him.

Adam and Diana awww. Diana was so sweet, it's so kind of her to be so strong for everyone else, even though she isn't sue of anything. She's a natural leader.

Dawn and Faye again . Phoebe did such a great job with Faye, she really knew how to portray a teenager who's both confident but deep down insecure.

Cassie and Adam were great again in the car!

The binding ritual was AWESOME! I love that quote so much, that scene was epic ! It gives me the chills!

This episode is outstanding, so much happened that it feels like it was two episodes. I don't remember liking it this much the first time but now I love it!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, I agree, I enjoyed this ep so much more this time around. Although, I still think the binding of the circle shouldn't have been a thing. This was a great ep for Faye, Diana and Dawn as characters. We got to see Diana's more vunerable side and that Diana and Adam scene was great. Faye was great this ep too, as was Dawn. The hug between them was lovely. I really liked their relationship.

I really like Adam and Cassie in the early eps . I like the dynamic of Adam being the one to guide her into the world of magic. I wish that had stuck around longer. They jumped too quickly into the 'i'll love you forever' stuff with Adam and Cassie and it ruined them slightly.

The binding scene was great too. Although, I wished it lasted longer.

Last edited by shut_uo_ste; 07-07-2012 at 10:02 PM
Old 07-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_uo_ste (View Post)
Yeah, I agree I enjoyed this ep so much more this time round. Although, I still think binding the circle shouldn't have been a thing. This was a great ep for Faye, Diana and Dawn as characters. We got to see Diana more vunerable and that Diana and Adam scenes was great. Faye was great this ep as was Dawn. The hus between them was great too. I really liked their relationship.

I really like Adam and Cassie in the early eps too. I like the dynamic of Adam being the one to guide her into the world of magic. I wish that had stuck around longer. They jumped too quick into the 'i'll love you forever' stuff with Adam and Cassie.

The binding scenes was great too.
I remember I thought it was basically a filler, but now I love it . I think that binding the circle was necessary, because they had too much power which could lead to plot holes, but it was such a fun killer. They should have made the binding different, like ok we would still have solo magic but really strong magic when we're together.

Faye really got to shine and to grow, since her bitchiness almost killed Sally. I love Dawn, I wish she had more screen time. Her relationship with Faye was great, they had more in common than they think.

ITA about Cadam. They were so good in the first episode, then in the second half everything was rushed. I still liked them, but not as much as before. This episode was amazing for them, they really had a lot of spark going on.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Extreme Fan

God, how bad was my first comment in this post? Lol, you can tell I was tired when I wrote it. Yeah, that interpretation of binding the circle would have been better. Maybe i'm reading too much into things, but, with what Andrew said about the budget and solo magic being alot more expensive than circle magic and with Price saying that the show was very much micromanaged by the execs. I wouldn't be suprised if binding the circlle was a storyline brought in by the network to try and save money. There's no mention of it in the original script , so I supsect it was never going to be a thing until the network level.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Your post was just fine . Maybe it was a request from the network, who knows. I only get more convinced that some of the execs had something against the show.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Extreme Fan

I wouldn't be suprised. I think the network messed around the show alot, tbh. I never watched LUX, but, I was told that the CW forced a storyline in that show then cancelled it, right after that storyline had alienated the LUX fanbase. I mean, i'm sure alot of networks interfere wih their programming. But, the CW seem to take a sledge hammer to their shows. I really hope Britt gets a show on a better network.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I wouldn't be suprised. I think the network messed around the show alot, tbh. I never watched LUX, but, I was told that the CW forced a storyline in that show then cancelled it, right after that storyline had alienated the LUX fanbase. I mean, i'm sure alot of networks interfere wih their programming. But, the CW seem to take a sledge hammer to their shows. I really hope Britt gets a show on a better network.
I also know for a fact that they wanted Nikita to be more girly. Yuck. The show already has very strong female characters and they probably wanted teen drama and to show the girls doing her nails. I remember people complaining about some changes in LUX as well. I want Britt back, but working for a network that treats her better.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I also know for a fact that they wanted Nikita to be more girly
I'm sorry, but, yuck, yuck, yuck. What is wrong with the people running this network? Between that and the Melissa thing, you'd think they were living in 1955. It amazes me that the CW used to be the WB, which was so much more progressive.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'm sorry, but, yuck, yuck, yuck. What is wrong with the people running this network? Between that and the Melissa thing, you'd think they were living in 1955. It amazes me that the CW used to be the WB, which was so much more progressive.
I know, right? It's ridiculous. I guess they would do anything for money, and they think that underestimating their audience is gonna get what they want. Let's make our shows dumb and juvenile so we can get more money, yay.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Maybe if they didn't underestimate their audience so much, the network would be in better shape.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I bet they would .