Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2011, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Yes, I used that for a while and loved it. But where I live now the air is too dry and I need something richer. But back in the humid climate where I lived before it was perfect.
Ah, hopefully that will work for me too since I live in a pretty humid weather

Estee Lauder's Idealist sounds perfect for me cause I have all those problems which it says it can help with - redness, uneven tone. But the price is more expensive than the Advanced Night Serum and since I can't even afford that right now, I won't be able to afford Idealist anytime soon

icon
Old 12-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Let's hope you'll love Moisture Surge - I did.

Idealist - really? It's more expensive? Or did you look at different sizes in bottles? Strange. Maybe you find it on discount after Christmas or something? Because it really is good.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 12-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Just wanted to drop in and say hi to all!

I know your dear sweet mod from the CSI board, and I watched the Borgias first season... though I don't usually have too much time to visit other boards as the 2 I have keep me plenty busy but I just wanted to say 'hi' to all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie (View Post)
I need new skincare. I've been having skin breakout for the past few days
Uh oh... what's different with your skincare routine? It could be weather too, or if you're like me... hormones...

I've been using a brand most people probably aren't familiar with for over 15 years and its affordable and honestly I don't use any other... It's Shop Paula's Choice Skin-Care: Paula's Choice Skin Care & Cosmetics.... Different routines for every skin type and I think they even sell sample packs... Hope you can get the chance to try it!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

For me it's usually food. When I lived in NY... idek. I think it was the food and the different climate.

Thanks for the link. Sounds interesting. I am very careful though to try new stuff.

Oh, another thought though if you can't afford the expensive stuff at the moment - and of course if it is sold in your country but I sometimes use Nivea - they have some great skin care lines... (otherwise I use all their body (wash/lotion/deodorant) stuff because they sell things for sensitive skin without perfume).

NIVEA Country Selection Page

I like their Expert Lift Night Care - it has Hyaluronacid and Panthenol.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 12-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

Astra!!!

Thanks for dropping by. I really appreciate the gesture See you in a few at the CSI board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astra (View Post)
Uh oh... what's different with your skincare routine? It could be weather too, or if you're like me... hormones...
Ah, probably it's the hormones, now that I think about it. My time of the month is nearing (or already overdue?), and there's assignment and finals to worry about

Quote:
I've been using a brand most people probably aren't familiar with for over 15 years and its affordable and honestly I don't use any other... It's Shop Paula's Choice Skin-Care: Paula's Choice Skin Care & Cosmetics....
Don't think we have that brand over here

Nina, we have Nivea but the face care range is VERY limited for us. You can find tons of choices for their deodorant, lotion, lip balm, etc. but not their skincare The same with Olay and Neutregena products.

I went to the pharmacy yesterday morning and bought Vichy's trial pack since it has Buy 1 Free 1 Offer. Let's hope that works because the products packaging sounds very promising

icon
Old 12-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
we have Nivea but the face care range is VERY limited for us.
Aww. That sucks. They have heaps of stuff here. Also a make-up line.

Vichy... hm. Fingers crossed it works on you. Never did anything for me.

Overdue? Are you pregnant?

Old 12-14-2011, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

^^ No. My period is irregular, sometimes I skipped a month. When that happens, my skin is a disaster.

Well, from the review and comments from the local bloggers, the products work on them. The reviewer had a breakout recently and she tried so many products and drink lots of water but nothing helps. Then she tried Vichy normaderm range and it works for her. So hopefully it works for me too

icon
Old 12-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Fingers crossed. Perhaps they re-worked the product in the last 20 years (since I last used it) and it actually works now?

I love babies...

Old 12-14-2011, 07:40 AM
Elite Fan

My sister is having her baby next year in February. So I'm going to be an aunt for the first time

I'm pretty excited but I'm so not looking forward to the constant crying

icon
Old 12-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Elite Fan

That's exciting. Do you live with her?

Old 12-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Astra!!!

Thanks for dropping by. I really appreciate the gesture See you in a few at the CSI board
No problem! I wish I could get around to the boards of all the shows I watch, but I'm lucky to keep up with CSI/Dexter... and sometimes I suck at that... to me!

Quote:
Don't think we have that brand over here
Well you have to order online... I can't buy it in store here either... I understand that they're expanding the locations though... I know for sure she's been expanding distribution to Europe and Australia/Asia, besides the US & Canada...

Definitely worth it I think... and they have promos from time to time re: shipping...
If you want a good drugstore cleanser... You can't beat CeraVe I think....

Quote:
My sister is having her baby next year in February. So I'm going to be an aunt for the first time

I'm pretty excited but I'm so not looking forward to the constant crying

Wow... not long now for her then! Congrats Auntie! How fun... and the crying isn't that constant... Just don't go around after vaccinations... that is a tough!!! time...
Old 12-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Just don't go around after vaccinations... that is a tough!!! time...
Whatabout the teething?

Old 12-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If you want a good drugstore cleanser... You can't beat CeraVe I think....
We don't have that either

Quote:
Wow... not long now for her then! Congrats Auntie! How fun... and the crying isn't that constant... Just don't go around after vaccinations... that is a tough!!! time...
Thanks, sweetie! What happened after vaccincation? Don't think I can avoid it though since she and husband are living with us until early 2013 when their apartment is ready

icon
Old 12-15-2011, 03:38 AM
Elite Fan

Not all are given straight away: MMR (at about 12months, then again at age 4), tetanus, diphteria, polio and pertussis - are the usual.

Not sure they are doing the polio anymore though, I think they consider that eradicated unless you live in India/Pakistan/Afghanistan.

Actually some of them you can give the child orally so there are no needles involved. I think the only one you give the baby in the hospital is Hepatitis B if it seems to be at risk for that.

Every child is different. Perhaps ask you parents how you reacted to it, then you get a better idea.

(Yellow Fever was awful because that's a live vaccine and you can get a "mild" form of yellow fever from it. But is that even necessary where you live?)

Last edited by Nikki K; 12-15-2011 at 03:54 AM
Old 12-15-2011, 04:08 AM
Elite Fan

No idea on what vaccination is necessary over here. But I think yellow fever is.

One month till my final exam And I'm still not successful in my quest for a new job

icon
Closed Thread   Post New Thread