Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2020, 01:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I'm on my phone right now so I'll reply to all your stuff soon. It's really hard to type all that stuff from a phone.
Tell me about it...
On phone I only reply to short messages, but when I know that my reply's gonna be really long... then I prefer to write it on my laptop.
It's easier.

As for your reply, ok, I'll wait.

Quote:
But I will say that our football also uses feet and not just hands. We use feet whenever we kick a field goal or punt the ball to the opposing team
Oh yeah, right. xD
Funny, in Soccer it's kinda opposite, 'cause the only player who is allowed to use hands is goalkeeper, I think.

Quote:
But I hope you get to watch Man On The Moon when you get a chance.
Someday I will watch it. xD
Right now I'm watching "Friends" on Netflix.
And I recently finished watching "Dark" (Also on Netflix).
It's a German tv show about time travelling (and about love xD) and I will say only one thing, this is the BEST TV SHOW I have ever seen!
Especially if we are talking about movies and shows about time travelling.
After second season I was like:
"GEEZ, what the hell did I just watched...
I don't understand half of the things that happened here, BUT OMG I LOVE IT!"

Quote:
Oh, you saw the remake of Fright Night? I suggest you see the original. It's a lot better and very 1980s. I hope you can see The Lost Boys as well.
Yup, I saw this remake.
Ok, someday I will watch the original "Fright Night" and also "The Lost Boys."
But right now "Friends" are waiting for me.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Look who's back!
Old 07-17-2020, 03:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Hi, Arinna!
And yes, I'm back!
Old 07-17-2020, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Jemima!

Okay, let me get to all of your comments. Yeah, it is easier to type than to use a phone.

Wow, you like Friends? I watch Friends all the time on Video On Demand! I thought that Netflix dropped Friends because it went to the WB streaming site, HBO Max?

I watched Friends when it first came on the air in 1994 and straight through until the finale in 2004. Man, it seems like yesterday. I think the first episode I saw was season 1, episode 7, The One With The Blackout, and then I made sure to watch reruns of all of the ones before that one. I remember how Friends had become a phenomenon by January of 1995 and the cast even got invited to the Oprah Winfrey show. Man, those were good times. Friends and The X-Files were my two favorite shows back then. Of course, my favorite shows were all back in the 1980s when I was growing up. I was ten years old in 1980 and 19 years old in 1989, so I grew up watching The Cosby Show, The Facts of Life, Family Ties, Cheers, Night Court, Moonlighting, Miami Vice, Murder She Wrote, Remington Steele, Dallas, Dynasty, etc. I miss those days even more.

Oh really? What's Dark about?

OMG, you're a vegetarian now? Is it helping you out? It sounds like a good way to stay healthy.

I hope you can find time to watch Fright Night and The Lost Boys. They're the two greatest vampire movies of the 1980s.

Yes, I know. In Soccer/Football only the goalie can use his hands. Our Football is a modified version of Rugby, like I told you. In England they started having Rugby players kick the ball for points or for distance, so I'm guessing that's why they started calling it Rugby Football over there, and we adopted Rugby and made it more like a game of chess with the players lined up along an imaginary scrimmage line and we eventually just dropped the name "Rugby" altogether and just called it football. And yeah, Soccer is just an abbreviation of the word "association" in "association football." Kind of like how Halloween is an abbreviation of "All Hallows Eve." Kind of funny how that happens, huh?

I'm glad your friend got to see High Strung. I can't believe I've never heard of that before now. Yeah, The Truman Show and Man on The Moon are tough for me to watch because of how sad they are, so I've only seen them each just the one time. But at least The Truman Show had a happy ending and he was smart enough to figure everything out. Man On The Moon is the only time he's ever played a real life person. And if you wanna watch The Dead Pool just for Jim let me remind you that he's not in it for very long. His character dies because his name is on the celebrity "dead pool," which is a game where people bet on which celebrities are going to die. It's the last of the Dirty Harry movies, but it's not my favorite. I like the original Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, and Sudden Impact.

Thanks for the info about the movie. I just love Lucy Lawless in anything. But why would a male witch be unusual in this universe? There are male witches, you know. I guess it must be for some dramatic or thematic effect.

I think of all of Jim Carrey's girlfriends I liked Lauren Holly the most. And Jenny McCarthy.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 07-18-2020, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What's wrong, Arinna?
Old 07-19-2020, 12:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Wow, you like Friends? I watch Friends all the time on Video On Demand! I thought that Netflix dropped Friends because it went to the WB streaming site, HBO Max?
Usually I watched "Friends" on TV, but right now on one channel is season 8, on another season 3...
And you have only 2 episodes per day... UUUUGH
I wanted to watch it on Netflix, but I read that they gonna remove "Friends" at the beginning of 2020... -_-
So I deleted it from my list.
But it turned out, that in Poland we gonna have "Friends" a little bit longer.
But I don't know how much longer...
That's why I'm watching one season per day (Right now I have a time for that xD).
And today I'm planning to finish season 2.

Quote:
I watched Friends when it first came on the air in 1994 and straight through until the finale in 2004. Man, it seems like yesterday. I think the first episode I saw was season 1, episode 7, The One With The Blackout, and then I made sure to watch reruns of all of the ones before that one. I remember how Friends had become a phenomenon by January of 1995 and the cast even got invited to the Oprah Winfrey show.
For me "Friends" is my childhood! And I really liked it, but I barely remember what was going on there...
When you're watching one episode per day... Well xD
And yeah it really seems like yesterday.

Quote:
Man, those were good times. Friends and The X-Files were my two favorite shows back then. Of course, my favorite shows were all back in the 1980s when I was growing up. I was ten years old in 1980 and 19 years old in 1989, so I grew up watching The Cosby Show, The Facts of Life, Family Ties, Cheers, Night Court, Moonlighting, Miami Vice, Murder She Wrote, Remington Steele, Dallas, Dynasty, etc
From this list I only know The X-Files and The Cosby Show!
The second one I remember that I watched with my parents! My father really liked it!
But right now I don't remember any single episode... From X-Files or from The Cosby Show...

Quote:
I miss those days even more.
Oh, don't be sad!
We can always listen to great 80s/90s music and watched 80s/90s movies and tv shows!

Quote:
Oh really? What's Dark about?
Oh my.... Kinda tough question.

In short:

Quote:
A family saga with a supernatural twist, set in a German town, where the disappearance of two young children exposes the relationships among four families.

Description from IMDb.

Children start vanishing from the German town of Winden, bringing to light the fractured relationships, double lives, and dark past of four families living there, and revealing a mystery that spans four generations.

Description from Wikipedia.
And here you have trailers for Season 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBpZHcat8DQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrwycJ08PSA

This is one of those shows where the less you know at the beginning, the better you have fun while watching it.

Quote:
OMG, you're a vegetarian now? Is it helping you out? It sounds like a good way to stay healthy.
I did it mostly because I didn't want to eat something that was made from a living creature... I feel like my conscience is clear now.

Quote:
Yes, I know. In Soccer/Football only the goalie can use his hands. Our Football is a modified version of Rugby, like I told you. In England they started having Rugby players kick the ball for points or for distance, so I'm guessing that's why they started calling it Rugby Football over there, and we adopted Rugby and made it more like a game of chess with the players lined up along an imaginary scrimmage line and we eventually just dropped the name "Rugby" altogether and just called it football. And yeah, Soccer is just an abbreviation of the word "association" in "association football." Kind of like how Halloween is an abbreviation of "All Hallows Eve." Kind of funny how that happens, huh?
Wow, a lot of infos! Thanks for clearing it to me.
Funny thing, I first read: "In England they started having Rugby players lick the ball".
And I was like: "Wait.... WHAAAAT?! LICK?! Whaaaa...." and then I read it again and:
"OOOH, kick.... Jem, what is wrong with your brain?! "

Quote:
I'm glad your friend got to see High Strung. I can't believe I've never heard of that before now.
If we're talking about that one from 2016, with Nicholas Galitzine, then I think it's on Netflix, but only in USA...
But I'm not 100% sure.
In Poland we don't have it... I had to find it somewhere else on the net.

As for my friend, yup, I showed her High Strung (the one with Nick, not that one with Jim xD) and I think she liked it.
But we haven't met since then... She has a tough months (problems with health and finding a job, eh ).

Quote:
Yeah, The Truman Show and Man on The Moon are tough for me to watch because of how sad they are, so I've only seen them each just the one time. But at least The Truman Show had a happy ending and he was smart enough to figure everything out.
Yeah, at least we have a happy ending in Truman.

Quote:
Thanks for the info about the movie. I just love Lucy Lawless in anything. But why would a male witch be unusual in this universe? There are male witches, you know. I guess it must be for some dramatic or thematic effect.
Well... I really don't know. It's kinda the same like in Pratchett's books.
Females in Pratchett's "Discworld" can only be witches, and males can only be wizards.
And as I remember, witches' powers are connected with earth, nature etc. and wizards' powers are connected with universe/space.
But there is a girl who, by accident, became a wizard...

But as for Changeover, then probably yeah, it could be for dramatic effect, who knows. xD

Quote:
I think of all of Jim Carrey's girlfriends I liked Lauren Holly the most. And Jenny McCarthy.
Oh, Lauren Holly, she also played in Dumb and Dumber, right? xD

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
Quote:
What's wrong, Arinna?
Yeah, what's wrong? xD

Last edited by Jemima1205; 07-19-2020 at 02:57 PM
Old 07-19-2020, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just... Alex has never written such long post in awhile.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh, I see.
Old 07-19-2020, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I occasionally post a lot when the inspiration strikes me, Arinna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Usually I watched "Friends" on TV, but right now on one channel is season 8, on another season 3...
And you have only 2 episodes per day... UUUUGH
I wanted to watch it on Netflix, but I read that they gonna remove "Friends" at the beginning of 2020... -_-
So I deleted it from my list.
But it turned out, that in Poland we gonna have "Friends" a little bit longer.
But I don't know how much longer...
That's why I'm watching one season per day (Right now I have a time for that xD).
And today I'm planning to finish season 2.

Hi, Jemima! I hope you're feeling okay.

Oh, just two episodes per day? That sucks. Yeah, I do know that Netflix dropped Friends and it moved to HBO Max, but I'm glad you can still get Friends in Poland for a while longer. Oh, I loved the first five seasons of Friends!

Quote:
For me "Friends" is my childhood! And I really liked it, but I barely remember what was going on there...
When you're watching one episode per day... Well xD
And yeah it really seems like yesterday.

From this list I only know The X-Files and The Cosby Show!
The second one I remember that I watched with my parents! My father really liked it!
But right now I don't remember any single episode... From X-Files or from The Cosby Show...

Oh, don't be sad!
We can always listen to great 80s/90s music and watched 80s/90s movies and tv shows!
I'm glad Friends is your childhood. For me it was my early 20s, and those characters were my generation. Friends and The X-Files cheered me up when things were down back in those days. I wish you could watch more than one episode a day. Is that just because of the service you use in Poland?

Ah, well that's good. The X-Files and The Cosby Show were both great. I didn't know you got The Cosby Show over there. It's cool that your dad liked it.

Awww, thanks Jemima. Well, I try to stay positive. Yes, we still do have great music, movies, and TV from the 80s and 90s to keep us company.

Quote:
Oh my.... Kinda tough question.

In short:

And here you have trailers for Season 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBpZHcat8DQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrwycJ08PSA

This is one of those shows where the less you know at the beginning, the better you have fun while watching it.

Wow! Thanks for the videos! That looks really bleak and terrifying. It's definitely different from American Horror Story.

Quote:
I did it mostly because I didn't want to eat something that was made from a living creature... I feel like my conscience is clear now.
Ah, I see. Arinna likes to pretend the meat she eats is artificially made in supermarkets and not real.

Quote:
Wow, a lot of infos! Thanks for clearing it to me.
Funny thing, I first read: "In England they started having Rugby players lick the ball".
And I was like: "Wait.... WHAAAAT?! LICK?! Whaaaa...." and then I read it again and:
"OOOH, kick.... Jem, what is wrong with your brain?! "
You're welcome. Lick the ball? No, kick the ball. But that's okay, I've done that myself before.

Quote:
If we're talking about that one from 2016, with Nicholas Galitzine, then I think it's on Netflix, but only in USA...
But I'm not 100% sure.
In Poland we don't have it... I had to find it somewhere else on the net.

As for my friend, yup, I showed her High Strung (the one with Nick, not that one with Jim xD) and I think she liked it.
But we haven't met since then... She has a tough months (problems with health and finding a job, eh ).
I'm sorry you have so much trouble finding the stuff you want to watch over there.

I'm also sorry about your friend. I hope she feels better and she can find a job. It's terrible to be ill and out of work at a time like this. My prayers and best wishes to her.

Quote:
Yeah, at least we have a happy ending in Truman.

Well... I really don't know. It's kinda the same like in Pratchett's books.
Females in Pratchett's "Discworld" can only be witches, and males can only be wizards.
And as I remember, witches' powers are connected with earth, nature etc. and wizards' powers are connected with universe/space.
But there is a girl who, by accident, became a wizard...

But as for Changeover, then probably yeah, it could be for dramatic effect, who knows. xD

Oh, Lauren Holly, she also played in Dumb and Dumber, right? xD
Yep, we did. I still can't watch Truman more than once, though. The beginning is tough to get through.

Oh, so there's a gender divide between Witches and Wizards? I guess there's no Warlocks or anything? So what's the difference? I figured they both do magic, but is there a difference between witch magic and wizard magic?

Yep, Lauren Holly was in Dumb and Dumber. They started dating around the time they worked together on that.
Old 07-20-2020, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Even longer now...
Old 07-20-2020, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry, Arinna.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

No problem
Old 07-21-2020, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I need another vacation soon.