Old 07-11-2020, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was okay. It rained a bit.
Old 07-12-2020, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was windy today and yesterday also.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Man, I wish I could take a month off from work.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wish I could do the same.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Too bad you can't. I know that many Europeans do.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

I finished Parks and Rec and the ending made me cry, it was so beautiful.

now I'm watching Dawson's Creek and can't stand Dawson.
Old 07-14-2020, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good, now we are two!
Old 07-14-2020, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You don't like Dawson either, Arinna?

I never watched that show. I got as far as Beverly Hills, 90210 and that was it.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

No, he was a whiny baby. I was more of a Pacey fan.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I see. I didn't watch that, so I wouldn't know.
Old 07-16-2020, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

You did not miss a thing.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Hi Alex, Arinna and Renée!

So, what do you usually talk about here?

Oh, and Alex, since you didn't read my message, then I will post the rest of my answers to your replies from this post here.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I'm sorry. National Football League. I forgot that you're from Europe and don't know much about it. It's our version of football, which is a modified version of British Rugby. The reason we call it "football" is because of a British Rugby league that was called "Rugby Football," and I guess the name carried itself over to the USA. But we modified the game so much, adding elements and changing rules to the point where we dropped the name "rugby" and just called it football. We also have your version of football here, but we call it "Soccer." That's actually an abbreviation of "Association Football," which is what we used to call it here until the word "association" got abbreviated down to "assoc.," and then "Soc," and finally dropping the world "football" and just calling it Soccer. We Americans love to corrupt the English language.
Well, let's start with the fact that I don't know much about any sport, soooo...
Oh yeah, I know what rugby is, and I also know that our football is a soccer in your country.
But I didn't know that "Soccer" is an abbreviation of "Association Football". xD
The only thing that is kind of weird for me is that you play football also with your hands...
It's not a handball... It's FOOTball.
Yeah, I just don't get it. xD

By the way, I read about rugby lately, 'cause Nicholas played a rugby player in "Handsome Devil" (2016).
I was curious is this game is the same as american football, or is it just a completely different game.

Quote:
Yeah, I felt really sad once Truman started to think that something was wrong with the world around him and he began to feel trapped, along with having people he cared about taken from him because they weren't "sticking to the script." But then after he was reunited with his "father," or rather the actor who played that character, I loved it when he did that scene in the bathroom in front of the mirror." When he finishes his spaceman routine and stares into the camera and says, "that one's for free," you know he's figured out that everything is fake and he's on a show.
I felt exactly the same!
And when he started to figure out what is happening... OMG, that was sooo great!

Quote:
That's cool! I hope your other friend watches Once Bitten.
She will, but first I wanna show her some movies with Nicholas.
I already showed her "High Strung".

Quote:
OMG, that's a lot! Well, The Dead Pool is really a Dirty Harry movie. Jim has a small part as a heavy metal singer based on Axl Rose of Guns N' Roses.
Yeah, I've already seen his scene on YT, and it was kinda funny and a little bit sad...
I don't know if I'm gonna see the whole movie.
Maybe someday.

Quote:
Oh, I hope you see Man On The Moon. It's one of Jim's best roles, but also his most heartbreaking. He plays late comedian Andy Kaufman. I also heard The Majestic was good. Oh, and I agree with you about Dumb & Dumber.
Yeah, I know what "Man On The Moon" is about and also that's one of the best and heartbreaking Jim's roles.
That's why it is so hard for me to finally watch it.
I so hate heartbreaking characters or movies.

Quote:
Thanks for the links! I just watched the trailer. Wow, that does look good. OMG, I saw Melanie Lynskey in that movie! Who is she playing? And Lucy Lawless is there too? Wow, I remember them both from the 1990s. That movie is about witches, huh? It also does have a kind of "Twilight" element about it.
Yup, Melanie and Lucy are there!
I only remember Lucy Lawless from 90s, as Xena.
As for Melanie, I first saw her in movie "I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore" from 2017. xD

Yes, it's about witches, but in this universe a male witch is a VERY RARE thing.
Hence Sorensen doesn't feel well with that (only in book).
He feels like two natures is fighting in him.
He is a male, but also a witch...
And it kinda makes him freak of a nature. :/

Yeah, I also feel this "Twilight" vibe.
And not only we see it... I read many comments that this movie, or book, is kinda similar to "Twilight".
But considering the fact that the book is from 84, we should say that "Twilight" books and movies are similar to "Changeover".

Quote:
Well, I'm not really a fan of veggie vampires. But if you want, you should try and watch some really cool 1980s vampire movies like Fright Night and The Lost Boys.
Yeah, I know, you don't like them.
As for "Fright Night" I only saw a remake from 2011 with David Tennant and Colin Farrell.

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure you would. I can only imagine what it was like for some of Jim's girlfriends.
Yeah, I also can only imagine.

Quote:
Of course Jim's a freak of nature. The way he can contort his body... did you see that thing he did with his leg during the dance scene? He was playing it like a guitar.
Yes! That was beautiful! He is like some kind of rubberman!
Yeah, you have a lot of reading.

And as for me, there have been some changes in my life, among other things I went to vegetarianism. xD
Old 07-16-2020, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Jemima!

Well, we talk about pretty much anything and everything. Movies and TV shows we like, our families, what we like to do, what our plans are, that kind of stuff.

I'm so sorry for being so lazy about replying to your PM. I promise I'll reply to you. I'm just glad you're back. Things have been so crazy here lately.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh, I see.
So this is a perfect topic for me!

As for PM, well, you can reply here.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, okay.

I'm on my phone right now so I'll reply to all your stuff soon. It's really hard to type all that stuff from a phone.

But I will say that our football also uses feet and not just hands. We use feet whenever we kick a field goal or punt the ball to the opposing team.

Yeah, this is why I've only seen The Truman Show once, because it's depressing in certain parts. But I hope you get to watch Man On The Moon when you get a chance.

Oh, you saw the remake of Fright Night? I suggest you see the original. It's a lot better and very 1980s. I hope you can see The Lost Boys as well.