Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2018, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Barbara! I hope you get snow where you are.

Sorry if I'm on and off. I got a new TV from my sister and her husband and we're setting it up.

I like Bangel too.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can I just say that I don't like the winter?
Old 11-18-2018, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't like winter either, Arinna. Just gotta slog through until Spring and Easter.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

You guys can try to send your snow over to my direction if you like.

I am getting tired of my period. It is making me feel like a irritable sissy. It seems like I'm happy around someone and when I sleep.

I don't understand why Joyce is so strict on Buffy in Season 2. She was being too overly. Buffy should've told her mom the truth about being the slayer.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've never watched it before Spike.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I would if I could, Mary.

I'm sorry, Mary. I know how badly Arinna feels during her week. I hope you get through it and feel better. I hope your boyfriend is helping you out.

I agree, I thought that making Joyce totally in the dark about Buffy was a mistake early on.

Yeah, Arinna missed the first three seasons. But Spike was introduced in season 2, Arinna.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

I always thought that Joyce being so strict with Buffy had to do that with that twist they put in in season 1 where they wanted the movie to be canon but not quite so they said that Buffy burnt down the gym at prom night in L.A. and that's why they had to move to Sunnydale.

I liked season 2 Spike with Dru and he was funny with Dawn in season 5 but I couldn't get over him trying to rape Buffy in season 6. It was also that every love interest after Angel was a letdown to me.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 11-20-2018, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

My bad. Before Spike and Buffy became a thing.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's okay, Arinna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I always thought that Joyce being so strict with Buffy had to do that with that twist they put in in season 1 where they wanted the movie to be canon but not quite so they said that Buffy burnt down the gym at prom night in L.A. and that's why they had to move to Sunnydale.

I liked season 2 Spike with Dru and he was funny with Dawn in season 5 but I couldn't get over him trying to rape Buffy in season 6. It was also that every love interest after Angel was a letdown to me.

Hi, Nina! Yeah, I always thought that as well. The references to Los Angeles and the events of the movie were always a bit hazy on the show, but Buffy did often tell people that back when she first became the Slayer she was a lot more like Cordelia, which is true if you watch Kristy Swanson's performance. But I loved her interpretation.

Yeah, I felt that the writers made a mistake with Spike in that respect. But by then, they were messing up both shows, Angel and Buffy. By Angel season 4 and Buffy season 6 both shows were horrible.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

My sister and my nephew are home!
Old 11-21-2018, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm glad you're spending time with them, Arinna!
Old 11-22-2018, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
which is true if you watch Kristy Swanson's performance. But I loved her interpretation.

Yeah, I felt that the writers made a mistake with Spike in that respect. But by then, they were messing up both shows, Angel and Buffy. By Angel season 4 and Buffy season 6 both shows were horrible.
I loved Kristy Swanson's performance too. There is this one picture of her where she looked a lot like SMG or vice versa. So I think of the movie as canon.

I don't know, I actually really liked season 7 of Buffy. I don't think it was a mistake as such what they did with Spike, I never liked his obsession with Buffy – so it wasn't inconceivable to me that it came to him assaulting her as he did. I just heavily object to people trying to romanticize the whole thing post hoc as in "oh but he went and got his soul back just for her" well, you know, that doesn't make his past actions right. You can say the chip didn't give him a moral compass but then again he was human at one point and must have realised that this wasn't acceptable human behaviour... – I thought the whole thing with Willow going off the rails with her magic was predictable and I hated that they killed off Tara. The thing is, I didn't care for them as a couple one way or the other but I really came to appreciate Tara as a character and loved how she was there for Buffy during the time when Joyce died because she had lost her mum too. Angel... yeah, season 4 was a disaster, there's no argument from me. All because Joss Whedon hated Charisma Carpenter for getting pregnant as if not like a every TV show ever has found a way to shoot around an actress's pregnancy before. I think season 5 had a handful of good moments but was mostly a bit whatever because we were all waiting for some BtVS characters to appear and that didn't happen. So...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 11-22-2018, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nina!
Old 11-22-2018, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Nina! It's great to see you! I hope you're doing well!

I'm glad you liked Kristy as well, Nina. Yep, I always got the idea that Joss kept the movie canon, although I think he would've rewritten a lot of it.

Well, I didn't see season 7 of Buffy, Nina, so I can't say for sure. I honestly thought that after the Dark Willow storyline in season 6 that she and Xander would get back together, but that didn't happen. And I know that many fans were upset about Tara dying, but like you said, I never thought that relationship was that interesting. Arinna likes Spike and Buffy, but I never got into that either. But I think that Buffy just started going downhill after the move to UPN, the introduction of Dawn, and Buffy dying and being resurrected. It just didn't seem like the same show it was in the first three seasons, and I was watching more of Angel at that point. I totally agree with you on how unfair it was that Charisma was put into that position because Joss was upset about her getting pregnant. He and the other writers like Tim Minear could've written around that whole thing. But the whole Conor storyline with Darla having Angel's baby and the Jasmine storyline was just... I just think that both shows went off the rails near the end. I do think that Angel season 5 was an improvement over seasons 3 and 4, though. I also think that Joss neglected Buffy and Angel because he was focused on Firefly, so pretty much everything turned into a disappointment.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Old 11-22-2018, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But I think that Buffy just started going downhill after the move to UPN, the introduction of Dawn, and Buffy dying and being resurrected.
I really enjoyed the Dawn storyline. I also must say that I liked the Buffy resurrection –*mainly because I felt SMG did such a good job at depicting depression realistically. How it is still this thing that you rather keep from your friends (and she only at some point felt brave enough to confide in Tara about it). So I thought that was well executed. I just wasn't interested in Willow as a villain it seemed very predicitable. Season 7 was a lot of fun. In a way it reminded me more of the early seasons also Faith came back which I thought was a plus. I think season 4 was a low point insofar as it had some good stand alone episodes but the overall storyline with the military and all was really far removed from anything we had seen in the first three seasons. So I thought season 5 was great because it was a return to more traditional storylines around monsters and mythology. I did find it painful that there weren't more crossovers with Angel but I understand that they wanted to keep it separate. I appreciated every hint though – him coming to Joyce's funeral and at the end of season 7 before the finale battle. It showed that there would never be a stronger bond than between Buffy/Angel imo.

I actually didn't mind Darla having Angel's baby – in a way that was interesting and sweet... I liked that whole storyline when she was human and dying and Angel tried to save her, not because of any romantic passionate love he felt like he did for Buffy but because in a sense he acknowledged that they did have this complicated bond and he couldn't hate her altogether, especially not when she was in so much pain. So I was quite content with all that, also Darla's final sacrifice, showing that she was not prepared to let go of her humanity again by letting it die inside her –*literally –*with her child. So I would have been content if they had left it at that and Angel giving the kid to a family to raise. I was totally annoyed by the rapid ageing and grossed out by the Cordelia affair though I mean it was something evil they had planted inside her so that Jasmine could be born or something... idek... it was so convoluted and stupid. I mean ultimately it was all done by Whedon to erode Charisma's character and probably her wish to work on the show.

Again, I disagree, I rather enjoyed season 7 of Buffy –*I mean you can't judge it if you haven't watched it, can you? I liked Firefly. I thought Angel season 5 was kind of meh and the ending was so depressing. But different strokes for different folks.

Arinna -

Closed Thread   Post New Thread