Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2018, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

Ach, is really screwing us today...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-14-2018, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

I suspect they picked Austin because it's supposedly rather chill and open-minded as a community, so yes I looked it up that's where 'Faking It' was set also. I guess they wanted to avoid L.A. or NYC and that seemed like the best solution to do that.

I think it makes sense to change it drastically because there are just so many things that just wouldn't fly in the U.S. and so many things that kids and high school do there that nobody in either Norway, France, Italy or Germany would ever think of -- Varsity sports or things like Glee club for instance.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-14-2018, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

Margot Kidder died. I am super sad. I literally teared up right now and I'm at work. She will forever be my Lois Lane. ♥

Old 05-14-2018, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

I read that... and she was only 69. That's so sad.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

That was truly sad.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

I know, Teri just tweeted something about sharing Lois Lane with her and I want to cry again
Old 05-14-2018, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, May! Hi, Nina!

Yeah, I heard about Margot Kidder. She passed away from unknown causes. It's so sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I've been to Florida quite a lot over the years and I just can't with the muggy heat and honestly the whole python infestation doesn't make me sleep easier.

I won't deny that it makes things easier. I mostly take the bus to work though because the parking permits are so crazy expensive...

I mainly want to see the first one but yeah the others are on my list if I can make it.

Yeah, it does get muggy down there. I was south of Tampa and the humidity was intense. And I think the Florida authorities are trying to fix the problem with the python infestation, but who knows how long that's gonna take? But I was thinking that if I were gonna live in Florida it wouldn't be on the peninsula, it would be in the Jacksonville area. Jacksonville is just south of the Georgia state line and it's south enough to be warm all year but not so far south that you have to worry about humidity or reptiles.

I used to take the bus all the time but now I usually walk a lot.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And I think the Florida authorities are trying to fix the problem with the python infestation, but who knows how long that's gonna take?
That problem has passed the point of being fixable.

Ahm, you have reptiles all over (the south) of the U.S. ... Arkansas for example has six of the most deadly venomous native snakes for instance. I mean if we're honest even New York State has a native timber rattlesnake (Crotalus horridus horridus).

Old 05-15-2018, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey, guys! I hope you're having a good week.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ah, okay. Thanks for that info, Nina. There's gotta be something they can do about that problem.

I may not be online much tonight. There's a bad thunderstorm coming and I don't wanna be online in case of power outages.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

No there can't. I've explained before.

Yeah, we had some thunderstorms in the afternoon but they have passed now. Good luck!

Arinna - ah, it has been subpar so far. I'm trying to figure out what to get my sister for her birthday and what flowers to send to my mum. It's sadly a bit limited what I can do from here. Hope you are well?!

Last edited by Nikki K; 05-16-2018 at 01:02 AM
Old 05-16-2018, 11:11 AM
Master Fan

Thunder storms? in May? oh gee.

Here we are peacefully chilling with 67-68 degrees maximum thank god. I know the heat is approaching soon tho.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am fine, thank you Nina.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Bloody double posts...

Old 05-16-2018, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Glad to hear it, Arinna. Got my sister the complete series of Ally McBeal on DVD. That should hold until I can get her a ticket to come visit me later this year.

May - yeah, it could be a bit warmer here tbh. It's still rather chilly. *sigh* Hope the heat in your neck of the woods won't be too bad.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread