Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2018, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, NBC is doing a finale movie for Timeless, Arinna.

I think I've heard of McLeod's Daughters, Nina. There was another Australian actress who was on that show, but I can't remember who. Lesley was on that show too?

Ohhh, the one in Salem! That sounds like a Friends title. Yeah, now I remember that one. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Rufus will survive because of something future Wyatt and Lucy do, but do you really think that Jessica will get a redemption? And while I really wish Amy could be saved, you're right, I don't know how they could fit that into a two hour movie. They don't have enough time to have it make sense. I also have no idea if Amy had any idea about what her mom was doing. I still can't believe that Carol wouldn't care about her other daughter.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

No, Lesley wasn't but some actors on that first show she was on were also on that.

Quote:
There was another Australian actress who was on that show, but I can't remember who.
You are probably thinking of Rachael Carpani, she had some acting jobs in the U.S., like she was on that show "Cane" with Jimmy Smits and Polly Walker.

Quote:
but do you really think that Jessica will get a redemption?
I do because it's doable in the timeframe of the 2-hour movie, they already set it up with her not really being happy with Emma's methods and they really wrote themselves into a corner with the pregnancy. Had they had a whole third season I grant you I wouldn't have put it past them to go for some Jessica dies and Wyatt and Lucy get back together raising the kid thing to appease some part of their fandom but I can't see that working out in a two hour movie. And killing a pregnant Jessica would be too cruel, I guess. Ah, I don't know... it's just a theory or a fun idea for a fic, everything is possible. Also Carol barely cared about Lucy as a person, it felt like she only ever saw her as her legacy.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-01-2018, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope the movie is good.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ahh, I see. And thanks for the info, Nina. I figured out which actress I was thinking of. It was Tammy MacIntosh, who played Jool on Farscape. She played Claire McLeod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I do because it's doable in the timeframe of the 2-hour movie, they already set it up with her not really being happy with Emma's methods and they really wrote themselves into a corner with the pregnancy. Had they had a whole third season I grant you I wouldn't have put it past them to go for some Jessica dies and Wyatt and Lucy get back together raising the kid thing to appease some part of their fandom but I can't see that working out in a two hour movie. And killing a pregnant Jessica would be too cruel, I guess. Ah, I don't know... it's just a theory or a fun idea for a fic, everything is possible. Also Carol barely cared about Lucy as a person, it felt like she only ever saw her as her legacy.
Wow, you think they can do all of that in two hours? I still don't know how they intend to wrap this entire story up with all those loose plot threads. Jessica is gonna be tricky and I don't know if they left themselves with enough time to resolve that issue. As for Wyatt/Lucy, I have no idea at this point what they're gonna do. Sure, they might try to appeal to the fanbase, but they may also have messed that up beyond fixing.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think they will fix Wucy.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Are you so sure, Arinna?

It's really hot out this week.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd like to think so.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We'll see what happens.

Thunderstorm outside and we have a flood warning.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Happy 4th of July! And hope you guys stay safe!
Old 07-04-2018, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Ahh, I see. And thanks for the info, Nina. I figured out which actress I was thinking of. It was Tammy MacIntosh, who played Jool on Farscape. She played Claire McLeod.

Wow, you think they can do all of that in two hours? I still don't know how they intend to wrap this entire story up with all those loose plot threads. Jessica is gonna be tricky and I don't know if they left themselves with enough time to resolve that issue. As for Wyatt/Lucy, I have no idea at this point what they're gonna do. Sure, they might try to appeal to the fanbase, but they may also have messed that up beyond fixing.
Ah yes, Tammy was also on "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" – she's a really great actress. Jool grew on me throughout the third and fourth season.

Yes, because it's not much –*the main focus is to bring Rufus back. Jessica could not go through with killing the bunker crew in season 2 and has already doubts about Emma's aggressive leadership that was a seed they have sowed in the last two episodes. Likewise that Wyatt has offered her a way out. If she realises that her family will be safe and they can bring down Rittenhouse and Emma, she'll take that chance. And that would be the only true wrap really –*bring down Rittenhouse. So I think it'll be fixing the timeline with Rufus in the first 20min and the rest will be dedicated to that. If Jessica were not pregnant, I would agree that they would probably fall all over themselves to fix Wyatt/Lucy however much it doesn't work with how controlling and insufferable Wyatt was towards her in season 2 but they wrote themselves into a corner. If they don't want to make it yawn-worthy and awful by killing a pregnant woman, and keep some of Wyatt's good personality traits then he'll have to step up and stand by his wife in the end.

All that being said, I now read that there won't be a movie after all it seems because NBC doesn't have the money and I'm not unhappy about it.

May - Oh yes, I get that Alex sees a lot of 'Westworld' with regard to characters I don't give a hoot about in the first place. Still, when you discussed the stories this season it sounded all so convoluted without any fascinating reveals in general. I really wish they renewed 'Druck' already. And yes totally... I want Skam Spain! (Though a Skam Portugual would be even more brillant.)

Ah, I don't know about the 'stop watching' argument... like, sure if you really don't care for iit don't torture yourself with it but I continued 'The Borgias' after it went bad because at least David and Joanne were in it... I think it's fine to watch whatever you like or not.

Okay, time for meds and more sleep. Not sure when I'm around next.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-04-2018, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thank you, Arinna!

Hi, Nina! I know you're not American, but since you're currently here in the USA, happy Fourth of July!

Quote:
Ah yes, Tammy was also on "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" – she's a really great actress. Jool grew on me throughout the third and fourth season.
She was on Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries too? My mom watches that a lot. She loves that and Midsomer Murders. They air on PBS here.

Yeah, I supposed they could handle brining Rufus back and dealing with the Jessica situation in two hours, but that doesn't leave a lot of time for anything else, like resolving the whole Rittenhouse situation, or how Amy manages to come back. And what about that future event where Lucy gives the diary to Flynn? I'm assuming that would require a great deal of lead up to it. Yes, they did write themselves into a corner with Wyatt and a lot of other things, but let's see how they manage.

Yeah, I've also heard that they don't know yet if they're gonna do a movie because of the cost, but nothing's been decided yet. It would suck if we didn't get any resolution at all, but let's wait and see.

Quote:
May - Oh yes, I get that Alex sees a lot of 'Westworld' with regard to characters I don't give a hoot about in the first place. Still, when you discussed the stories this season it sounded all so convoluted without any fascinating reveals in general. I really wish they renewed 'Druck' already. And yes totally... I want Skam Spain! (Though a Skam Portugual would be even more brillant.)

Ah, I don't know about the 'stop watching' argument... like, sure if you really don't care for iit don't torture yourself with it but I continued 'The Borgias' after it went bad because at least David and Joanne were in it... I think it's fine to watch whatever you like or not.

Okay, time for meds and more sleep. Not sure when I'm around next.
I agree with what you said about the convoluted part, Nina. I'm seriously questioning whether or not I'm gonna watch season 3. And as far as the characters go, I feel that characters are what allow the story to explore thoughtful and intriguing concepts, but if you can't care about the characters at all then what's the point? They utterly destroyed both Dolores and William and made them unsympathetic nihilists. The only truly sympathetic character was Maeve, and she was badly misused. So who cares about their concepts of artificial intelligence, conscious immortality, and whether or not choice and freewill exist? Most of it is pretentious drivel. According to science, the universe shouldn't exist, but it does. It's not the free will doesn't exist, it's just that neurologists can't find a neurochemical or biochemical explanation for it, so it requires further study, which is just a way of saying they have no idea.

Okay, sleep well and feel better, Nina! I hope we see you again soon! Goodnight!

Happy Independence Day! Have a save and happy 4th of July!

Old 07-05-2018, 06:41 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I spent the 4th in hospital so there wasn't any celebrating. But I hope true Americans had fun with it.

I think Rittenhouse can be somewhat wrapped up if Jessica helps the team after all. And that's about as much time as they'll have addressing things in a movie. The journal and Amy will fall by the wayside. I mean it all doesn't matter now that even the movie probably won't happen.

For me Maeve... and Bernard until the final reveal in season 1 were the only interesting characters and Maeve surely the only one I felt truly sympathetic towards. I wanted to feel more sympathy towards Dolores but I always sensed there was something not quite right with her... that she was programmed in some fashion and if it was "only" a re-programming through PTSD by what the older version of William repeatedly inflicted on her. So what I mostly felt for Dolores was so sorry for her trauma but also acknowledged that until the end her agenda never seemed like her own and that is hard to watch. William creeped me out from the get go. Sorry.

ETA: I never cared for Midsomer Muders but Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries is really brilliant. It's set in the 1920s in Melbourne. Tammy plays the lesbian coroner, Dr. Elizabeth Macmillan. The whole cast is super endearing and quirky.

Last edited by Nikki K; 07-05-2018 at 06:52 AM
Old 07-05-2018, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

Guys, I haven't been great health wise, sorry if I'm missing but I just came back to work and I'm way busy so I might not be able to chat much until next week
Old 07-05-2018, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's ok, girls! Get well soon!
Old 07-05-2018, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, I'm sorry, May. It's okay. We miss you, but we want you to get better so just rest and feel better soon. Post again when you have time, May.

I'm sorry, Nina. I wish you didn't have to be in the hospital on the 4th. I hope you're doing okay. I know what you're gonna say, but I still just want you to be okay.

I certainly hope the Rittenhouse thing can be wrapped up, along with saving Rufus' life, Nina. But it's a shame that Amy probably can't be saved. There's still no word on the finale movie either way, but I hope that we at least get some closure.

I didn't care for Midsomer Murders either. But I agree, Miss Fisher was good, and the actress was really attractive.

Yeah, I felt sympathy for Bernard as well, but his inconsistency began to wear on me, Nina. He couldn't seem to decide whose side he was on first being against Ford and Dolores, then deciding to help Dolores and asking Ford for help, and then being shot by Dolores and resurrected only to once again tell her that he'd try to stop her. This guy was frustrating, so I really didn't feel that sympathetic to him. Maeve was the most sympathetic character.

As for William and Dolores, I don't see what was creepy about young William, played by Jimmi Simpson. I thought their love story was one of the best things about season 1, and what really irks me is that the William and Dolores that Jimmi and Evan Rachel Wood played in season 1 are completely different characters from the ones played by Evan and Ed Harris in season 2. Dolores is who she is because of what, the Wyatt persona that Arnold gave her, who just seems to be pissed off at the entire human race for what Delos did? Didn't Ford and Arnold create the hosts to be playthings? So why blame all of humanity for what was essentially the fault of two men who thought they could play god? And Ed Harris' Man In Black William just makes no sense at all. He became that way because... of a stain? A darkness? This isn't really ever sufficiently explained and it just seems like the writers' explanation was "because we say so." Sorry, but if the theme of the show is that humans don't really change and are trapped by their own code, and that choice and free will don't exist, then how the hell does the young William become the older William, who is a polar opposite character? We're supposed to believe he was always that way, even though there was nothing in his character in season 1 to suggest it? I've never seen anyone pull such a ridiculous 180 degree turn. It just seems like the writers threw story and character logic out the window in favor of just trying to make some philosophical point. That's fine, but that's not storytelling.