Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2018, 05:56 PM
  #1
Elite Fan

 
Nikki K's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 37,306
The Vatican [OT] #55: "An Enlightened Planet Is A Unified Planet." – Sikozu

W E L C O M E T O T H E 55TH T H R E A D
Off Topic
L E T' S D I S C U S S W H A T E V E R
theregulars
001. Lucresiare
002. PhoenixRising
003. DGSAFDMD
004. BL.Arinna_1982
005. Nikki K
006. Cadenf
007. De Medici Queen
008. Lucrezia Borgia
offtopicdiscussion
__________________
Happy thoughts,
Nina

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 07:29 PM
  #2
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 160,953
Thanks for the new thread, Nina! I forgot to make one myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I last stayed at some Holiday Inn Express in Bensalem when I had business at Princeton. It was also good because I could spent a couple of hours in the late afternoon at Sesame Place.

Okay, new thread, people, y/y?
OMG, you did? I live right near that Holiday Inn! But Sesame Place is in Langhorne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Let me figure out where I'll be staying and I'll let you know

I'm trying to figure out the locations of several places before paying for anything although there are some pretty nice rooms for very cheap in Philly, makes me glad
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Okay, May! And don't worry about the double posts. FF has been twitchy today.

I'm glad you're finding cheap places to stay.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 05-11-2018, 07:55 PM
  #3
Elite Fan

 
Nikki K's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 37,306
Quote:
I live right near that Holiday Inn! But Sesame Place is in Langhorne.
Yeah, I know. It was cheaper because it was farther away and I didn't mind since I was driving in from Princeton anyway. I went to the Hallowe'en parade last year. Very sadly I didn't get my picture taken with The Count though, so that's still on my bucket list. Tragic truly.
__________________
Happy thoughts,
Nina

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline  
Old 05-12-2018, 02:08 PM
  #4
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 114,191
I feel so tired.
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline  
Old 05-12-2018, 02:20 PM
  #5
Elite Fan

 
Nikki K's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 37,306
It's been a long week, Arinna.
__________________
Happy thoughts,
Nina

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline  
Old 05-12-2018, 02:36 PM
  #6
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 160,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Yeah, I know. It was cheaper because it was farther away and I didn't mind since I was driving in from Princeton anyway. I went to the Hallowe'en parade last year. Very sadly I didn't get my picture taken with The Count though, so that's still on my bucket list. Tragic truly.
Hi, Nina!

Ah, I see. I've never stayed there, but it looks okay. And you went to the Halloween parade at Sesame Place? Awesome! I wish you could've gotten your picture taken with The Count. That would've been cute.

I used to work at Sesame Place for two summers. I worked at the Food Factory.


Tired, Arinna? Me too.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 05-12-2018, 03:15 PM
  #7
Elite Fan

 
Nikki K's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 37,306
I mean the theme park is very much targeted at small children and their parents but I thought it was cute nonetheless. Went on a few of none threatening rides, ate cotton candy, got a picture with Elmo, who I don't really like tbh but anyway... best thing I bought was a Snuffleupagus T-Shirt. Hopefully I can go back sometime and get my picture with The Count.
__________________
Happy thoughts,
Nina

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline  
Old 05-12-2018, 03:55 PM
  #8
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 160,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I mean the theme park is very much targeted at small children and their parents but I thought it was cute nonetheless. Went on a few of none threatening rides, ate cotton candy, got a picture with Elmo, who I don't really like tbh but anyway... best thing I bought was a Snuffleupagus T-Shirt. Hopefully I can go back sometime and get my picture with The Count.
Yeah, I know. Sesame Place isn't like Disney World or anything. There's nothing actually mechanical there, or at least not the last time I was there. Like you said, the rides are all non-threatening. Ugh, I got sick of Elmo after that Tickle Me Elmo doll craze back in the 90's.

Aww, I love Snuffleupagus. I hope so too, Nina.

I'll be glad when Memorial Day comes. I took five days off that week so I can rest up a bit. I have to save up my personal time, though.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 05-12-2018, 04:45 PM
  #9
Elite Fan

 
Nikki K's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 37,306
I was never an Elmo fan basically because that was way after my time I guess. But I loved that in the parade we saw some old favourites too like Herry Monster and Big Bird obviously.

Yeah, I don't get Memorial Day off so... whatever. *sigh* I'm so tired. Waiting for dinner.
__________________
Happy thoughts,
Nina

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline  
Old 05-12-2018, 06:10 PM
  #10
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 160,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I was never an Elmo fan basically because that was way after my time I guess. But I loved that in the parade we saw some old favourites too like Herry Monster and Big Bird obviously.

Yeah, I don't get Memorial Day off so... whatever. *sigh* I'm so tired. Waiting for dinner.
I had to put up with the Elmo nonsense because I work in retail, Nina. I never wanna have to go through that again. Aww, that parade sounded nice.


I'm sorry, Nina. I actually had to request it off in advance because I just needed some time off to rest.

What are you having for dinner?
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 05-12-2018, 06:28 PM
  #11
Elite Fan

 
Nikki K's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 37,306
Oh, it was one of those Gluten-free Amy's Vegetable Pot Pies. They are rather decent for frozen dinners.

Yeah, I mean retail is terrible for time off. My employer is weird – like some of our staff get more of the national holidays off than others. Like all the admin people had Presidents' Day and Emancipation Day off. I know they'll have Memorial Day, Columbus Day and Veterans Day off. In comparison the only holidays that are in my contract are Christmas Day, Thanksgiving, Independence Day, MLK Jr. Day and New Year's. I mean for me personaly apart from Christmas and New Year's that means nothing so I go to the office anyway. Then again – Thurday was Ascencion Day and all my friends from home texted me about their four day weekend. I mean ultimately I cannot request time off because I only have five days of paid leave a year... I guess I could take unpaid leave but not quite there yet.

Watching SKAM France now...
__________________
Happy thoughts,
Nina

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline  
Old 05-13-2018, 01:37 PM
  #12
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 114,191
What SKAM means?
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline  
Old 05-13-2018, 03:20 PM
  #13
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 160,953
SKAM is a television show that Nina watches, Arinna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Oh, it was one of those Gluten-free Amy's Vegetable Pot Pies. They are rather decent for frozen dinners.

Yeah, I mean retail is terrible for time off. My employer is weird – like some of our staff get more of the national holidays off than others. Like all the admin people had Presidents' Day and Emancipation Day off. I know they'll have Memorial Day, Columbus Day and Veterans Day off. In comparison the only holidays that are in my contract are Christmas Day, Thanksgiving, Independence Day, MLK Jr. Day and New Year's. I mean for me personaly apart from Christmas and New Year's that means nothing so I go to the office anyway. Then again – Thurday was Ascencion Day and all my friends from home texted me about their four day weekend. I mean ultimately I cannot request time off because I only have five days of paid leave a year... I guess I could take unpaid leave but not quite there yet.

Watching SKAM France now...
Ohhh, that sounds good. I got Progresso chicken pot pie soup to have tonight.


You said it, Nina. I hate how retail treats workers, but hopefully I can get out of here soon and not have to work retail again. We used to get Easter, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day off. Now we only get Christmas off and that's it.

You only get give days leave a year? That's awful. I'm taking three days for Memorial Day, but I accumulate personal time the hours I work. Paid time off is no longer guaranteed, you have to work for it. Fing Walmart.

Oh, and today is Mother's Day, so Happy Mother's Day to everyone's moms!
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 05-13-2018, 03:47 PM
  #14
Elite Fan

 
Nikki K's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 37,306
Well, you know I often work weekends and stay late but since it's pretty much expected that you do that and there's no "punching in" system, there is no way to accumulate overtime. It is what it is.

I'll probably have some frozen lasagna soon.

Done with SKAM France (well up to what has aired till now). I seriously want Manon's wardrobe.

Arinna - SKAM is a Norwegian TV show but they have sold it to France, Italy and Germany as of now. Even to the U.S. where it is called Shame. Ultimately I suppose you could translate it like this from the Norwegian but I think the better translation would probably be 'disgrace'.
__________________
Happy thoughts,
Nina

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline  
Old 05-13-2018, 04:00 PM
  #15
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 160,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Well, you know I often work weekends and stay late but since it's pretty much expected that you do that and there's no "punching in" system, there is no way to accumulate overtime. It is what it is.

I'll probably have some frozen lasagna soon.

Done with SKAM France (well up to what has aired till now). I seriously want Manon's wardrobe.
Damn, that sucks. So you're a salaried worker, right? You've got a fixed pay rate and they make you work all those awful hours.

Lasagna sounds even better!

The wardrobe was that good?

OMG, Hawaii is starting to look like a 70's disaster movie. Volcanic fissures are erupting.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Lotte Verbeek, Holliday Grainger Source
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:37 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.