Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2018, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

That's what I heard that it's a good representation of the book. Did you watch "Alias Grace" as well, May?

Alex - yes, it's a bit in the same line like 'Mean Girls' or 'Princess Diaries' I guess. Maybe less exciting than the former but better than the latter.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 03-28-2018, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, that's what I thought, Nina. I'm a fan of Emma Roberts as well. I felt sad when Natasha Richardson passed. It was so tragic, that accident.

Oh, and I've heard some good Falice news about Riverdale, but I guess I'll save that for the guilty pleasure ship thread.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure I acutally knew she was dead or that it had sunk in tbh.

Oh, there is news? Looking forward to you sharing!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 03-28-2018, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, there is! Sorry for disappearing like that. I was looking up the info.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:50 PM
Elite Fan

No problem, I'll go and have a look.

Speaking of trailers and shows being back, I saw the trailer for the third season of "Into The Badlands"... can't wait for that to start again.

Old 03-28-2018, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You watch Into The Badlands, Nina? I tried watching that but I couldn't get into it. I guess I'm frustrated by martial arts shows because I always assume I can do better. I've been into martial arts my whole life.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:11 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I thought it started out a bit slow but then I got into it. It's one of these shows that could probably be executed a bit better but ultimately I really like the idea behind it and the world building. I particularly like The Widow character played by Emily Beecham. I got into it last year when I was in hospital, very little to do when you're recovering from surgery, so I binge-watched the first season in time for the second season to start.

Old 03-28-2018, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ohhh, I liked The Widow. She was one of the few characters I got into on that show.

So your surgery was successful, I guess? You don't have to talk about it, I was just making sure.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

The one last year? More or less.

I just thought the world building was rather intriguing with the barons and how The Widow fit into that as a former serf... I also like Orla Brady's character quite a bit. If you quit early on you won't have seen Lydia's backstory as a priest's daughter and then later how Quinn banished her but she worked from exil to exact her revenge...

Old 03-28-2018, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
The one last year? More or less.

I just thought the world building was rather intriguing with the barons and how The Widow fit into that as a former serf... I also like Orla Brady's character quite a bit. If you quit early on you won't have seen Lydia's backstory as a priest's daughter and then later how Quinn banished her but she worked from exil to exact her revenge...
That's good to know. I knew it would.

Orla Brady is on the show as well? She was on Doctor Who.

Well, I tried watching it at the beginning, but I was already maxed out with shows at the time. I later dropped a bunch of shows like The Walking Dead that I no longer watch, so I guess I have more room now. I may try to catch it on On Demand. I do wish I had more time to watch shows live.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, it's actually rather intriguing when you give it a chance. Ultimately it doesn't have terribly long seasons so it's not like a lot to catch up with but I do recommend it.

I never watched The Walking Dead. But I heard it's mostly a soap opera with zombies.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Walking Dead is based on a comic book, and it was good when it stuck to the comics, but when it began to veer off from the comics that's when it became a damn soap opera. But I might just look up some Into The Badlands stuff. And I totally forgot to start watching Ash vs. Evil Dead season 3!

Wow, just three more weeks and I'll finally be out of debt for good. I pay off my credit card April 19th.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

I'd just watch it without being overly critical of it... like I said, of course the story could be tighter and I don't know much about it but perhaps the martial art performances could be better then again it's just a show on AMC, right? I'm not sure what they've even still got in terms of scripted shows these days to be honest. I just enjoy it... there isn't much I actively watch these days anyway.

That's good news about the credit card. I'm happy for you.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Nina. And yeah, that's normally what I do these days. I get the Kung Fu and post apocalyptic mythologies enough to follow. I'm a bit curious how firearms and motor vehicles became extinct in the future, forcing everyone to use horses and martial arts. And AMC shows are a mess now, to be honest.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

They haven't really touched on that yet, it's in the second season that M.K. and Sunny get banished outside of the wall and there things are bit different, meanwhile the whole system is about to collapse inside the wall but that hasn't happened quite yet. To be honest I don't mind, I chose to not understand so much as a post apocalytic future but rather as a stand alone universe so far. All I can say is, I enjoy it, not every production can have as much money as 'Game of Thrones' put into it.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread